Chase Claypool to the Bears

Process

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

And that guy is…. Chase Claypool? The other 3 receivers mentioned were superstars. Claypool is a bust. Not remotely comparable. 

Can we spot saying bust without viewing all the circumstances? It completely devalues the word. Claypool had more yards and tds than Diggs did his first 2 years and is still 24.  He played with corpse of big rape and terrible backup type qbs since. 

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

Claypool must’ve really pissed the Steelers off.

They find receivers every year.  They sold high on him and still have 2 really good receivers. Good trade.

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Your joking right? He is honestly the only QB that I have ever watched with worse field vision that Tyrod Taylor. 

I said the last 2 weeks. He did things in both the Patriots and especially the Cowboys game that were impressive. I was shocked in that Cowboys game with some of the throws he made. I didn't say he was good. I said he has shown signs of possible improvement the last 2 weeks

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Definitely in the minority but I like the move for both teams. Claypool has played with junk qbs and has shown flashes. Fields is showing some signs (may be the best qb of that awful class now!) and they got him a weapon. 

it’s not the Diggs trade but I’m always find with getting your young qb weapons, even if you have to pay a little more.

I'd say he's more like adding a Beasley type possession wr. Mooney is like the Jon Brown speedster, so now they need a true #1, and a much improved OLine. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Can we spot saying bust without viewing all the circumstances? It completely devalues the word. Claypool had more yards and tds than Diggs did his first 2 years and is still 24.  He played with corpse of big rape and terrible backup type qbs since. 

They find receivers every year.  They sold high on him and still have 2 really good receivers. Good trade.

Big difference between expectations of being drafted in the 6th round Vs being drafted in the 2nd round though. 

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

800 total yards in 2 years?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4046692/chase-claypool

there’s hall of famers who have gotten off to worst starts than Claypool. Dude was a 2nd rounder and looked like a star as a rookie. But I guess if you can’t lit it up with duck Hodges, Mitchell, dead Ben, Helmet head Rudolph, you must suck. 

funny how juju looks a lot better in KC.  Almost like receivers need a competent qb.

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Big difference between expectations of being drafted in the 6th round Vs being drafted in the 2nd round though. 

agree to disagree.  Claypool had 1,700 yards and 11 tds his first 2 years. With garbage qbs and a lot of mouths to feed (Johnson, juju, Pat F). 

I think the trade makes sense for both sides.  I would have been thrilled with Claypool for a 2nd, though I think we need more of a Elijah Moore type

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Claypool is a punk.

Why?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.