Hockenson traded to the Vikings

Big Blitz

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Lions officially throwing in towel.

Campbell and his bluster are on borrowed time. That type of coaching only works when you are winning, at least sometimes.

There's some talent on that team. Horrible coaching staff

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

Going to be alot of upset people on here at 4pm

How do you know they didn’t try?

just seems odd that Det traded for that to a division rival.  At any rate, while Det is selling, do they have a good safety or RB (good safety being better than Johnson)

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

Going to be alot of upset people on here at 4pm

How do you know they didn’t try?

Obviously there are a couple of posters here who know EVERYTHING.  Didn't you know that.  They themselves have probably already worked out these trades on their copy of Madden and they just can't believe that Beane isn't doing the same thing.  Come on now!  These guys KNOW what they are talking about.  They could easily be GMs but they choose to post here instead.

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

WTF?  Trading a player inside your own division??

The Pats gave us Bledsoe. It's really not that big of a deal. The Lions are going to need a QB, and they clearly need an entirely new defense. By the time they're ready to compete, Hockenenson will likely have more days behind him than ahead of him. If the Vikings gave the best offer, I understand.

Hockenson is a good, not elite tight end.

Detroit knows it’s a couple years away from actually competing and their cheap owner wasn’t going to be happy paying a guaranteed 9+ million for a tight end next year and then however much more after that.

I think it is a good trade for the Vikings to get a well rounded tight end and not that bad a trade for the Lions long term. Second round pick is worth more to them than 1.5 more years of Hockenson. I’m not worried about the Bills not getting him.

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Lions officially throwing in towel.

Campbell and his bluster are on borrowed time. That type of coaching only works when you are winning, at least sometimes.

He tried to change the culture. When it works it works, when it doesn't it's Detroit.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

We also didn't know if Hock wanted out. I gotta think that 4 picks are going to the Lions not Hockenson and swap of two to each team. 

Maybe i'm wrong is so. Hockenson is over rated but still a Top 10 TE to a divisional rival and only getting to upgrade a couple picks. Campbell must have wanted him out. Campbell is a former TE so maybe he sees something that we don't or maybe he's just a fool. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.