Bengals coach Adam Zimmer passes away at 38. RIP

Greg S

2 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

I remember his mom and Mike Zimmer’s wife died unexpectedly a few years ago.  Very sad. 

More than his share of tragedy.  Prayers up.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yeah that family has dealt with some tragedy.  Didnt Mike also battle some health things a couple years ago?

He has had severe eye issues. This was a blurb from 4 years ago..

Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer has endured eight surgeries on his damaged right eye over the last two years. While the surgeries have allowed him to keep his eye after a detached retina cause a number of problems, the reality of the situation is that his eyesight won't improve any further.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

More than his share of tragedy.  Prayers up.

He has had severe eye issues. This was a blurb from 4 years ago..

Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer has endured eight surgeries on his damaged right eye over the last two years. While the surgeries have allowed him to keep his eye after a detached retina cause a number of problems, the reality of the situation is that his eyesight won't improve any further.

I sympathize with Mike Zimmer. I barely can see out of right eye since born with no possibility of recovery.

4 minutes ago, Beach said:

too many dying before their time.  

I am a similar age to Zimmer. It really feels like that lately. Pandemic aside. It feels like every couple of weeks it is a friends brother, or a guy I went to high school with, or a co-worker, or their partner. It is really wild. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

They do every single day. People get sick, have heart attacks, strokes,  blood clots, etc. I've known more than a couple.

Yeah, those are causes of death. Something happened to him.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I don't have kids and I was a foster child that was bounced around growing up so I don't know first-hand what that bond is like between a child and parent...but I can't imagine having to bury your child no matter what age they are. I imagine that's gotta be like the hardest thing for a human to endure.

My mom passed away when I was in 9th grade, I still can remember my Grandmother saying no parent should ever out live any of their children. Just devastating.

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.