Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, Ta111 said:

Their  defense is good not great. Bills should be able to manufacture 28-32 points. Can’t see the jets getting more than 10-14 points.

I don't know what to think of the Jets defense.  On the one hand, they've got great stats.  On the other hand, while they won against Denver and GB, those teams don't exactly have juggernaut offenses these days. 

I'm curious what the Jets DVOA rankings say about them.

Jets opponents:

Ravens 5-3 L

Browns 3-5 W

Bengals 4-4 L

Steelers 2-6 W

Dolphins 5-3 W

Packers 3-5 W

Broncos 3-5 W

Patriots 4-4 L

Looks as though the Dolphins are the only W against a team with a winning record, and they were playing their 2nd and 3rd string QB when the Jets beat them

Bills opponents:

Rams 3-4 W

Titans  5-2 W

Dolphins 5-3 W

Ravens 5-3 W

Steelers 2-6 W

Chiefs 5-2 W

Packers 3-5 W

Have a defense that has similar stats, but playing against better opponents overall.

I think that's the sort of thing DVOA is supposed to take into account?

Of course, some like to do the "well, Jets beat the Dolphins, and Dolphins beat the Bills so..." thing

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

At least you’ve conceded that they played bad football in the second half. Boy I thought the blinders were on during the drought. Now we can’t even acknowledge when the team doesn’t play to their standard. Did you listen to postgame? It was as if they lost. 

This isn’t the only post you’ve made btw.  It has more to do with your total body of work rather than just this one post.  

49 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't know what to think of the Jets defense.  On the one hand, they've got great stats.  On the other hand, while they won against Denver and GB, those teams don't exactly have juggernaut offenses these days. 

Jets opponents:

Ravens 5-3 L

Browns 3-5 W

Bengals 4-4 L

Steelers 2-6 W

Dolphins 5-3 W

Packers 3-5 W

Broncos 3-5 W

Patriots 4-4 L

Looks as though the Dolphins are the only W against a team with a winning record, and they were playing their 2nd and 3rd string QB when the Jets beat them

Bills opponents:

Rams 3-4 W

Titans  5-2 W

Dolphins 5-3 W

Ravens 5-3 W

Steelers 2-6 W

Chiefs 5-2 W

Packers 3-5 W

Have a defense that has similar stats, but playing against better opponents overall.

Of course, some like to do the "well, Jets beat the Dolphins, and Dolphins beat the Bills so..." thing

I don't have access but I think I heard the Jets D is 8th in DVOA.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Jets opponents:

Ravens 5-3 L

Browns 3-5 W

Bengals 4-4 L

Steelers 2-6 W

Dolphins 5-3 W

Packers 3-5 W

Broncos 3-5 W

Patriots 4-4 L

Bills opponents:

Rams 3-4 W

Titans  5-2 W

Dolphins 5-3 W

Ravens 5-3 W

Steelers 2-6 W

Chiefs 5-2 W

Packers 3-5 W

They are 11th at 3.2%, directly in front of Miami who is 12th at 2.9% and behind Cincy  at 4.6%

Offense 21st(-5.3%), Defense 8th(-6.9%), ST 10th(1.7%)

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-efficiency/2022/regular

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

This isn’t the only post you’ve made btw.  It has more to do with your total body of work rather than just this one post.  

Sorry I don’t have 20 plus thousand for you to sift through. It’s never been a goal in my life to be a message board hall of famer. Not sure that’s something to brag about. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Simms unloads on Jets fans. Rant starts about 2:30. Calls them annoying at 2:55. 

While Jets fans might be more extreme, it's not much different here in terms of how fans react when some player has a bad game--he's a bum, move on from him, trade him, he'll be gone next year, etc.  The BIG difference is it's the QB position for the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

This from Woody Johnson this morning. You don't think the Jets and their fans are treating this one as their Super Bowl. Most games at MetLife the upper deck is usually half full or mostly empty. Given the team has sucked in recent years.

(13) Woody Johnson on Twitter: "#BUFvsNYJ is already a sold out crowd! Excited to see you guys back at @MetLifeStadium this Sunday. https://t.co/MzDxBeAFhT" / Twitter

Edited by Greg S

Oh no!!!

The worst referee in the NFL is reffing the Bills Jets game.  You may remember Land Clark from the Jaguars game last year.  Had no control over the game and anytime the Bills were close to crossing the 50 yard line a phantom bs flag was thrown.

Only chance Jets have is with Land Clark reffing this game.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As long as they win the game then that is all that matters. This year they really are using the all blues more than in years past. They have a lot of great uniform combinations. The all whites both current and throwback as well as blue over white and white over blue.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Wonder how long you’ll be here before you have to change your IP and username

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

34 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

Sorry I don’t have 20 plus thousand for you to sift through. It’s never been a goal in my life to be a message board hall of famer. Not sure that’s something to brag about. 

Those are my posts.  Can you show me where I was bragging about this?  I’ll wait…. 

this is just another check mark in your bedpost of terrible posts.  Grats.  

I was merely just pointing that your posts are terrible and that you’ll likely be banned or run away to another forum.  Yet you choose to turn that into me bragging…… which I’m still waiting for you to explain.

Do youse really see any way the Bills can win this game?  The Jets is pissed because they lost to a worser team last week.  The Jets is at home.  The Jets crushed the Dolphins and the Dolphins crushed the Bills.  The Jets is on the rise and youse making desperation trades for nobodies.  It’s over.  All I’m not sure about is how many Bills fans I gotta throw down a flighta stairs when they get outta line.  The stairs is cement there so I’d stay quiet if I was you.

P.S. J-e-t-s J-E-t-s J-E-T-s J-E-T-S

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 15

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.