Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

On 11/1/2022 at 3:46 PM, Bruffalo said:

White, Poyer, and Milano are all almost irrelevant considering they're playing a QB who is objectively bad in almost every measure.  Their defense is good but not excellent, Sauce Gardner is fantastic and the line is all right but they aren't world beaters.  

The Jets have gotten lucky with a string of backup QBs.  They haven't played against a QB of Allen's quality all season.  They're going to get stomped. 

So far this year only seven teams  have...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/1/2022 at 10:30 AM, Bangarang said:

Jets defense is their only hope of staying in this game. I’d prefer the offense to have a better showing than the 2nd half against the Packers.

Both play calling and execution were pretty bad in the second half, our boys were sloppy and arrogant didn’t score a TD from late in the 2nd quarter through the entire 2nd half, due to the above mentioned,  but I suspect they don’t feel good about it and will make the correct adjustments, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Brit said:

So far this year only seven teams  have...

Including the three other AFC division leaders, the defending Super Bowl Champs, and Green Bay of the three successive 13 win seasons.

That being said, their D-line will be a challenge for our O-line to at least give Josh some time to throw or do his escape act.  Saleh is a highly regarded defensive coach who now has some pieces that will allow him to scheme.

34 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Only way this game is close is if the Bills offense keeps turning the ball over and the Jets don’t….The Bills are tied for 6th most in the league with 12 TOs on offense… by contrast, the undefeated Eagles have only turned it over two times. 

Yes agree.  Interesting that if you add punts Eagles have given ball back 30 times and Bills Only 25 times.  Not sure how many times either team turned ball over on downs.  Likely a wash overall. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Only way this game is close is if the Bills offense keeps turning the ball over and the Jets don’t….The Bills are tied for 6th most in the league with 12 TOs on offense… by contrast, the undefeated Eagles have only turned it over two times. 

can you believe how good the bills are? They have been relatively sloppy with turnovers and are still blowing teams out. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Including the three other AFC division leaders, the defending Super Bowl Champs, and Green Bay of the three successive 13 win seasons.

That being said, their D-line will be a challenge for our O-line to at least give Josh some time to throw or do his escape act.  Saleh is a highly regarded defensive coach who now has some pieces that will allow him to scheme.

The Jets have a very aggressive pass rush, for sure. You know what slows down a blistering pass rush and helps the o-line out? A few well timed screen passes. You know what Nyheim Hines is good at? Catching screen passes and hitting those afterburners. 

Now, I'm not saying that Ken Dorsey would build a gameplan with the shiny new toy being a large part of the plan after only having a few practices with the team. That's something only a psychopath would do. 

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He’s def not wrong… I believe the refs told HC Saleh after his roughing the passer penalty last Sunday(which reversed a pick 6) that Franklin-Myers “hit him too hard” 😅

The Tua injury has certainly scared the league a little bit and the roughing calls have gotten even worse IMO.

Agree… but it will bite them in the ass in the playoffs or SB if it continues. 

Also agree, but we’ve seen this team kick it into a different gear come mid-December 

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agree… but it will bite them in the ass in the playoffs or SB if it continues. 

No doubt. But what is interesting about most of the Bills turnovers is that I have a sense it is more of them almost messing around out there. The GB picks are good examples of that.  So, you wonder if they sort of settle down and play smarter when they need to.  

Honestly, the only thing that worries me about this game is the JETS D-Line vs our O-Line.  If the boys up front have a decent game I think it should be a 2-3 touchdown victory.  The Jets win against Miami was the only eyepopper on their schedule.  And that was mainly because of the Tua injury so that one can be thrown out.  The rest of their schedule has gone pretty much as planned.  Even the win in Green Bay wasn't that surprising IMO based on how awful the Pack has been playing.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, henry jones said:

Honestly, the only thing that worries me about this game is the JETS D-Line vs our O-Line.  If the boys up front have a decent game I think it should be a 2-3 touchdown victory.  The Jets win against Miami was the only eyepopper on their schedule.  And that was mainly because of the Tua injury so that one can be thrown out.  The rest of their schedule has gone pretty much as planned.  Even the win in Green Bay wasn't that surprising IMO based on how awful the Pack has been playing.

We've played some stout D lines already this year.  They are going to win some battles but Allen is so good at getting away from that.  I think we will be ok.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.