Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

CJ Mosley on Bills QB Josh Allen's signature move to leap over defenders:

“If you think about it, it’s going to happen, right?” Mosley said. “So just go in with the mindset like, ‘Hey, MF’er might jump over me. So what? Next man go pop him out the air.’
"Once he gets out of the pocket you’ve got to go plaster him, you’ve just got to go get him.”

That’s actually one of my concerns- that a defender will bait him into hurdling by looking like he’s going for the low tackle, and once Josh is airborne, the defender stands up and turns Josh into a human cartwheel. 
In the past, the element of surprise has allowed his hurdles to be successful, but with a higher profile these days and being recognized as a jumper, Josh might be wise to put that move on ice before he ends up with a Don Beebe-like head bounce. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Rhetorical question 

what idiot thought this is actually something critical?

they ONLY played 1 division opponent in 8 weeks 

lead off with a 🔥 hot take 

then show a graphic that may not catch the eye  

trying to make Buffalo look bad for it?

The key words in the meme: ‘divisional leader’.  

19 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

That’s actually one of my concerns- that a defender will bait him into hurdling by looking like he’s going for the low tackle, and once Josh is airborne, the defender stands up and turns Josh into a human cartwheel. 
In the past, the element of surprise has allowed his hurdles to be successful, but with a higher profile these days and being recognized as a jumper, Josh might be wise to put that move on ice before he ends up with a Don Beebe-like head bounce. 

I think they have a lot more to worry about then being hurdle by Josh Allen  , but if they want to spend time in practice preparing for that not to happen then please by all means !!

I am a bit concerned that the Jest's biggest strength, their D-line is matched up with our pedestrian O-line.  Quessenberry will have to rise to the occasion.

Josh may have to have his Houdini act in high gear. 

Diggs will be a good test for Sauce, but the Jets have three solid corners, and Davis & McKenzie will have tough matchups all day.

Hopefully our O-line can get enough of a push to get Motor to the Jet's backers who are the weak link in their D.

Their Offense is to put it kindly mediocre.  Hopefully Phillips will atone for his stinker against GB. 

No Poyer leaves us exposed to the deep ball, if Z. Wilson has time, and G. Wilson and Elam should engage in the first of what is likely to be many encounters over the next few years. 

Hoping that Milano is well enough to be effective, he's our heat-seeking missile out there.

I suspect the Jets will cover, and we can't afford to be looking ahead to Minny next week.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Same here in Cbus. Soak it in, winter is coming 😭

Cbus? I'm sorry! Hopefully someone will share their blunt at the Greyhound station.

Oh crap, I'm probably gonna get bounced for another year and a half...I thought it was funny....

Edited by nosejob

2 hours ago, dhg said:

Outsurgery, no?

Yes, but that depends on the surgery actually happening in a timely manner.  It was supposed to happen yesterday.  It was supposed to happen earlier today.  It's almost 9pm now with still no solid word on when it's happening and nobody knows where the surgeon is.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think it's kind of "par for the course" for news these days

Try to come up with something that sounds problematic or serious, without putting it in context in order to generate context

Ooooh...the Bills are the ONLY DIVISIONAL LEADER THAT HASN"T WON A DIVISIONAL GAME

We're also the only divisional leader that has only played one divisional game

DID YOU KNOW STEFON DIGGS PUT UP ZERO YARDS OR RECEPTIONS VS JAIRE ALEXANDER?????...

...(because he defended other receivers)...

41 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

I am a bit concerned that the Jest's biggest strength, their D-line is matched up with our pedestrian O-line.  Quessenberry will have to rise to the occasion.

Josh may have to have his Houdini act in high gear. 

Diggs will be a good test for Sauce, but the Jets have three solid corners, and Davis & McKenzie will have tough matchups all day.

Hopefully our O-line can get enough of a push to get Motor to the Jet's backers who are the weak link in their D.

Their Offense is to put it kindly mediocre.  Hopefully Phillips will atone for his stinker against GB. 

No Poyer leaves us exposed to the deep ball, if Z. Wilson has time, and G. Wilson and Elam should engage in the first of what is likely to be many encounters over the next few years. 

Hoping that Milano is well enough to be effective, he's our heat-seeking missile out there.

I suspect the Jets will cover, and we can't afford to be looking ahead to Minny next week.

The only way the Jets win this game is if Josh Allen is playing QB for them and Zack Wilson is for us , 

1 minute ago, Putin said:

The only way the Jets win this game is if Josh Allen is playing QB for them and Zack Wilson is for us , 

However I'm  hoping they played with the Hart, 6th lineman to tune it up for when needed......like now.

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Offensive line is a worry every game…. Specifically at tackle and Guard.

Overall the Oline has been fairly decent. I believe they are quite a bit better than some seem to suggest. I know there are areas that need to improve for sure. You mentioned specifically T and G....Specifically the last 2 games with S. Brown out, it looked to me DQ was better in both pass and run blocking. 

While there's definitely room for improvement, I just don't feel it's as terrible as some make it out to be. Would you say the Oline so far is better or worse than last season?

https://theathletic.com/3763324/2022/11/04/bills-thoughts-prediction-jets/

Well, Hey, Joe B called the score in Packers-Bills to the point

Prediction: Bills 30, Jets 12

Although I have the Bills scoring 30 points, it’s with a healthy respect for the Jets’ defense being able to limit some drives to field goals rather than a touchdown frenzy. The Jets’ defensive line could get in the backfield and force some early frustrations for Allen for what some might think is a slow start, but the Jets can be that good defensively if they’re playing up to their talent. The lead could build, though, if the Bills’ defense can get to Zach Wilson, which they have all the potential to do.

The Bills boast a great pressure rate with their front four and are up against a struggling Jets offensive line, while also going against Wilson, who comes apart at the seams when there is pressure. That pressure could lead to shortened fields for the Bills and higher percentage opportunities for touchdowns. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a three-score lead heading into the fourth quarter, with garbage-time touchdowns and the Jets trying for two-point conversions from that point forward. Overall, I think the Bills can win pretty handily, even with a “slow” start on offense.

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Yeah.  There were reasons why after Josh hurdled in the Vikings game, wiser heads like Jerry Hughes and Zo Alexander said something to the effect of "that was Awesome.  Never Do That Again."

Edited by Beck Water

With Poyer out, it will be interesting to see what Buffalo does at safety.  Obviously, Hamlin is going to continue sub for Hyde.  I expect Johnson will probably start in place of Poyer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dean Marlowe and Cam Lewis get some snaps.  Actually, Cam Lewis is listed as Poyer's backup on the Bills' web site.  It hasn't been updated to show how Marlowe fits into their thinking.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.