Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

Am I the only one who DOESN'T want Tre's first game back to be on the MetLife turf?

I'd rather that his first game back be next week, on our home field against Minnesota.

Announce the defensive players rather than the offensive players in pre-game introductions. Let him hear the roar of Bills Mafia as he runs out of the tunnel.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Am I the only one who DOESN'T want Tre's first game back to be on the MetLife turf?

I've seen this brought up a lot, but is the ACL injury rate at MetLife actually worse than other stadiums? I know the turf vs natural grass thing is real, but MetLife isn't the only stadium with turf. We have to get him acclimated at some point. I feel like the whole fanbase and the team are being a little too fearful about his risk of re-injury. It isn't actually that likely.

19 minutes ago, BillsBy50 said:

I have watched the last 6 Jets games the past few days. They always seem to play us tight and inspired, I expect the same or maybe more intensity on Sunday. Josh has had some historically sloppy games against them, let’s hope those days are behind us! 

I dont remember the Mike White experience being all that tight or inspired.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'd rather that his first game back be next week, on our home field against Minnesota.

Announce the defensive players rather than the offensive players in pre-game introductions. Let him hear the roar of Bills Mafia as he runs out of the tunnel.

Agreed. That turf is a nightmare. 

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I've seen this brought up a lot, but is the ACL injury rate at MetLife actually worse than other stadiums? I know the turf vs natural grass thing is real, but MetLife isn't the only stadium with turf. We have to get him acclimated at some point. I feel like the whole fanbase and the team are being a little too fearful about his risk of re-injury. It isn't actually that likely.

I don't know about definitive proof, but several players and coaches insinuated this season that MetLife's turf specifically is dangerous.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2022/09/more-complaints-about-metlife-stadium-turf-after-giants-sterling-shepards-season-ending-knee-injury.html

Sterling Shepard’s season-ending injury has sparked conversations about the safety of MetLife Stadium.

The veteran wide receiver exited Mondays’ 23-16 loss to the Dallas Cowboys at MetLife after getting hurt in a non-contact situation.

Some people, like former Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. blames the turf as the culprit.

This injury has people turning to comments made by Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh following his Week 1 game at MetLife against the New York Jets that left tackle Ja’Wuan James and cornerback Kyle Fuller with serious injuries.

“Everybody in this league should do everything they can to put the best surface out there,” Harbaugh told reporters on September 14. “How much is invested in the players who go out there and play? Our league really is — it’s a player-driven league. And we want those guys to have the best of the best, especially surfaces to play on ... That turf [at MetLife] was matted down, it was packed down, it was a little tight. Maybe that’s how it’s supposed to be, I don’t know. But that’s what I saw. It was a little tough.”

The offense is intact, so if we have to outscore them, go that route. 

This game might be too early, but I'm very interested in the rotation of Singletary, Hines and Cook. 

Beane said Cook's role isn't going to be dialed back with Hines, but we've seen this before in Buffalo with Lynch, Spiller, Fred. 

It's hard to get three RB's the ball. 

The Chiefs right now probably do it the best with Pacheco, McKinnon and Edwards-Helaire. But usually that means that one of those players go off, while the others sit. 

We read all summer how RBs will be split out, and Cook was on that 41-yarder, just have to see how consistent the Bills get with this. 

Also, the Sunday Night game proved that good things happen when Cook is just handed the ball. Sal C keeps pushing this notion that his skill set is catching passes. He was productive at both in Georgia. 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Also given that white wasn't on the injury report at all and McDermott didn't rule him out today I think it's safe to say we'll see him out there on Sunday. Let's go.

He was asked about Tre and his comment was "We need to crawl before we can walk" so even though he's not on the injury report, it doesn't sound like they intend on him playing yet.  JMO.

• Agree 1

Says a lot that I’m not even that worried if Von, Milano and Poyer are all out Sunday.  

Let’s see Oliver and Rousseau lead that DL.   Bernard, if given the chance, show what he’s got.   

Not in love with Jaquan Johnson back there, but it is what it is, assuming Marlowe isn’t up to speed yet. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m actually pretty frustrated that we don’t have Hyde and Poyer 100% this year. 

Before just putting Jordan Davis on IR, have the eagles had a single injury issue yet this year? I don't think so.

And the Chiefs had some secondary injuries but for the most part have remained relatively healthy.

Also kind of annoying.

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m actually pretty frustrated that we don’t have Hyde and Poyer 100% this year. 

Yeah, the one poster said it well on here "we've gotten a lot of mileage out Hyde and Poyer"

I think we're seeing that Safety goes near the top of the list for next year. 

You can't depend on 30+ year olds in the Playoffs. 

They'll both be 32 next season, and nothing against them, but they're starting to break down. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We drafted Bernard in RD3.  We’re halfway through the season.  Hes basically a Milano clone.  

Assuming Milano doesn’t play, I’d like to see Bernard out there. 

Are we sure it wouldn’t be Dodson? Bernard and Milano seem similar, but I recall him struggling in coverage in preseason. That doesn’t mean he couldn’t have improved, but I might prefer Dodson. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.