Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Well he's not wrong.. 

In reading Twitter and other teams' message boards, I've learned that many opposing fans feel about Allen the way Bills fans used to feel about Brady: that he whines too much to the refs when he gets hit.

I don't see it that way, but then again, I'm a biased Bills fan.

It's possible that if Allen were on the opposing sideline, I'd hate the guy.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

In reading Twitter and other teams' message boards, I've learned that many opposing fans feel about Allen the way Bills fans used to feel about Brady: that he whines too much to the refs when he gets hit.

I think Josh complains to the refs when he gets hit in the head or tripped and they don’t see it.   But he never complains when he gets hit while running around or that spilt second after he throws the pass.   Subtle difference perhaps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I think Josh complains to the refs when he gets hit in the head or tripped and they don’t see it.   But he never complains when he gets hit while running around or that spilt second after he throws the pass.   Subtle difference perhaps. 

Josh pleads with the refs several times a game. It’s kind of obnoxious to me until he gets a call, then it’s “Yeah Boy!”

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think what chaps their grits is that when it suits him, Allen will stiff arm them or truck them or make them miss and escape, which means they have to turn on the afterburners and bring the lumber.

But when it suits him better, Allen will stand in and throw the ball late or slide late and try for a roughing penalty like an ordinary QB

Defenders be "Either Or, Not Both".

Allen be, "Both, Cope"

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

Allen complains and fights back when he gets sexually molested on the field but, then again, who wouldn’t?

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think what chaps their grits is that when it suits him, Allen will stiff arm them or truck them or make them miss and escape, which means they have to turn on the afterburners and bring the lumber.

But when it suits him better, Allen will stand in and throw the ball late or slide late and try for a roughing penalty like an ordinary QB

Defenders be "Either Or, Not Both".

Allen be, "Both, Cope"

Yes, I can understand this. Maybe I am viewing him through Bills tinted spectacles but I wouldn't consider Josh an unreasonable moaner.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Yes, I can understand this. Maybe I am viewing him through Bills tinted spectacles but I wouldn't consider Josh an unreasonable moaner.

I think all QB are "unreasonable moaners" in the eyes of the DL

We all used to get ticked off because we felt Brady got the "Big Star" treatment and the benefit of the doubt from the refs.

Now guess who is the "Big Star" and gets (some) of that.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

So, who is going? MetLife is about 20 minutes from my house. This is the game I look forward to every year. I will be in section 101 wearing a blue #12 jersey. Go Bills

I’ll be there in 146 with my 12yo. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The Jets have a very aggressive pass rush, for sure. You know what slows down a blistering pass rush and helps the o-line out? A few well timed screen passes. You know what Nyheim Hines is good at? Catching screen passes and hitting those afterburners. 

Now, I'm not saying that Ken Dorsey would build a gameplan with the shiny new toy being a large part of the plan after only having a few practices with the team. That's something only a psychopath would do. 

LOL

But being serious....the "well-timed" bit will probably take more than 3 practices to get down.

I'd like to see Hines out there returning punts this week, but being realistic, I don't think he's active for a week or 2 until he masters the playbook.  But after listening to his press conference I have no doubt he will do so in short order.  Stretch goal, wonder if we could see him for the Vikings?

54 minutes ago, Dan said:

I agree.  He is not a whiner on the order of Brady (or Mac Jones) who is in a class by himself.  He will lobby for a call when he gets hit late.  All QBs do.  They are taught to do that.  On the other hand when he runs, he delivers blows and does not complain about the hits he takes.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

He definitely does seem to get some calls he shouldn’t.  He’s had some pretty blatant flops and has gotten calls for them.  I’m not complaining though.  

6 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I agree.  He is not a whiner on the order of Brady (or Mac Jones) who is in a class by himself.  He will lobby for a call when he gets hit late.  All QBs do.  They are taught to do that.  On the other hand when he runs, he delivers blows and does not complain about the hits he takes.  

Josh absolutely takes advantage of RTP rules and has used poor decisions of defenders to flop back and get a flag.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I don’t think he’s nearly AS bad as Brady when it comes to that… but he definitely does it!

20 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

He definitely does seem to get some calls he shouldn’t.  He’s had some pretty blatant flops and has gotten calls for them.  I’m not complaining though.  

I would put that one in the category of "poor defender decision making" aka "play Stupid Games, win Stupid Prizes."

Yeah, Josh flopped and sold it, but the defender on that play 100% saw the ball leave Josh's hands, made several steps and reached out with both arms to shove Josh.  Whether or not Josh did a "soccer flop" it was roughing by rule.  It wasn't one of those "NFL expects defenders to apply for exception to the laws of physics" calls that makes me kind of feel sorry for them (kind of), where the defender's view of the ball is blocked and he's running full bore trying to get a sack.

Madubuike was playing "head games" that defenders play, "I'm here, 17.  I'm right on your ass, 17.  Better hurry up, 'cuz that coulda been a sack, 17".  Except that by now, defenders really should have the memo that Josh and other good QB hold the ball extra seconds on potential throw-aways like an Anglerfish at 5k meters luring dinner.  "Here it is fishy fishy come and get me tasty sacky for you!". 

And in particular, if he sees the potential for a big play downfield, Josh couldn't care less if they're about to hit him.

Edited by Beck Water

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

So, who is going? MetLife is about 20 minutes from my house. This is the game I look forward to every year. I will be in section 101 wearing a blue #12 jersey. Go Bills

I will be there with a group of North Jersey Bills Backers.  If you are tailgating, join the big Bills contingent in lot 26!  

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Exactly.  Josh, like myself, only complains when it's 100% legit.  Now, Brady and my wife on the other hand...

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.