Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

Just now, Greg S said:

Jets are going to treat this game like it's their Super Bowl. Bills will win but it will be a hard-fought game. I don't expect a blowout.

Every opponent treats the Bills like its their SB.

I expect a very pissed Josh Allen and he will take it out on the Jets. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

Just now, njbuff said:

Every opponent treats the Bills like its their SB.

I expect a very pissed Josh Allen and he will take it out on the Jets. 

Blowouts happen as we saw last year with the playoff game vs NE. Usually (not always) the divisional games are close. 

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks for posting!  That’s the moment I thought this team and QB were legitimately on the rise.

I remember how cocky the Jets were.  Such a good win on the road. 

The score at the bottom, Baltimore 59 Miami 10, made me smile too.

I kind of miss the gray face mask. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, arcane said:

Well normally I wouldn't care about C-rate reporting/grammar from some C-rate media organization in Rochester, so in that sense I don't mind him. He sounds like a chill guy to hang out with, so it's nothing personal. 

Just pretty surprising to read that level of praise lol

I guess it's now 3 lol. Seems a fair number for something that actually makes your eyebrows raise in real life.

You do realize, your "nothing personal" is unpersuasive given the effort you're putting in to disparage and the style of disparagement you're using?

No one praised Muki's grammar or diction, the point was: he asked some clear open ended questions and got some answers from McDermott the professional reporters (and their superior grammar) did not.  If this is relevant to your personal field of endeavor, take note - or don't, I don't care, as long as someone who doesn't spend longer asking a highly leading question than McDermott spends answering it, is allowed in.

I find the answers interesting.  YMMV.

---------------

-"'Tha' young vixen, tha'! There tha' stands sayin' tha' doesn't like this one an' tha' doesn't like that one. How does tha' like thysel'?'  -some book

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Thanks for the response.  I totally believe that would be important to coaches (then and now) in the context of watching film and looking to see if the film matches the #s.

One thing about the "move the chains" thing (and why I think YPC/YPA aren't the be-all end-all to coaches) is, what characterizes the great defenses is that in addition to being tough to move the ball on, they make big plays.  They force fumbles, they get interceptions, they get sacks. 

Which is of course why teams don't generally embrace the dink-n-dunk down the field offense, and keep trying for the big play.

Anyway, the Jets undoubtedly have good YPC/YPA numbers.  For some other parameters I think are important (no clue whether or not they're important to coaches), 32% or almost 1/3 of drives against them end in a score - similar to the Titans.  They're 9th in TO and 12.4% of their opponents drives end in a takeaway which is 12th, below the Ravens and Titans.  And, they've given up 19 1st downs by penalty, 28th in the league.

I think they're a good defense.  I'm not sure they're the best defense we've faced.  One factor for a few of the D's we've faced is that when the game finished (notably against the Rams, Titans, and Steelers) their defensive stats were notably worse than when it kicked off.

Big plays, turnovers, etc. are certainly important big factors and great analytical indicators of the winning team in a given game. But they are usually caused when defenses force offenses into unmanageable down/distance situations, what the kid coaches like to refer to as “behind schedule” in today’s parlance. And defenses that dictate the game situation consistently are those defenses that are stingy on a play to play basis over the course of a game and season. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Thanks for posting!  That’s the moment I thought this team and QB were legitimately on the rise.

I remember how cocky the Jets were.  Such a good win on the road. 

The score at the bottom, Baltimore 59 Miami 10, made me smile too.

I kind of miss the gray face mask. 

Yep, we were dogs that week, everyone was still underestimating that this was a new Bills team.  We came out and passed the ball over and over.

47 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You do realize, your "nothing personal" is unpersuasive given the effort you're putting in to disparage and the style of disparagement you're using?

No one praised Muki's grammar or diction, the point was: he asked some clear open ended questions and got some answers from McDermott the professional reporters (and their superior grammar) did not.  If this is relevant to your personal field of endeavor, take note - or don't, I don't care, as long as someone who doesn't spend longer asking a highly leading question than McDermott spends answering it, is allowed in.

I find the answers interesting.  YMMV.

---------------

-"'Tha' young vixen, tha'! There tha' stands sayin' tha' doesn't like this one an' tha' doesn't like that one. How does tha' like thysel'?'  -some book

A guy is generally low IQ and it shows in his work through his bizarre and often poorly worded questions

While usually unremarkable and ignorable (this is the first time ive ever posted or talked about Muki on the internet or IRL), you actively glamorized it, which was silly to me so I commented on it

It is make believe, he doesn't ask good questions or do a good job lol

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am not all concerned about the Jets offense and our defenses ability to match up.

As many have alluded to, the Jets defense has talented players at every level:

Upfront Quinnen Williams, John Franklin Myers, Jermaine Johnson, Carl Lawson will be a force to handle.

They have veteran LBs.

On the back end, Gardner has been lights out.

Our offense will need to be layered, and Dorsey will obviously play a huge role in finding ways to exploit their D. Looking forward to seeing them have to find alternatives when things don’t go their way. It seems that the Pack DBs did a good job of holding the WRs in check later on in the game. What do we have up our sleeve when we can’t move the ball down the field? Allen runs, TE outlet,   RB check downs? I look forward to seeing what other wrinkles Dorsey can add this week.

Gotta be smart. Let the jets beat themselves. Just don’t turn the ball over,  kick FG’s and get points when you can. Sound special teams and defense. No penalties. 

we don’t need kill shots or big plays or high risk stuff. 

This jets team has a great D and awful O. We can and should win this game like 23-10.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Johnnyp566 said:

If the Bills want to play a garbage and wreckless brand of football like they did in the 2nd half against GB then they can keep any team in a game and lose games they should win. I know we won but it was unacceptable and it started with Allen.

Something about a posters name being in purple often indicates that an unpopular take is coming…

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.