Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Muki also a lot of times asks questions almost trying to give coaches advice on formations and personnel that bug me, or like trying to talk about his own football experience and thoughts.

I specifically remember one I think he was asking about we should use Moss, Cook (or maybe it was an earlier year with Yeldon), Singletary all in the backfield at the same time to help the running game. It was very long question as he brought up this or that team doing it, and his own like high school experience or college he played at. 

I think sometimes the coaches get annoyed by him as well because of some of his long winded questions.

As opposed to the same, dumb, asinine questions posed by Jerry Sullivan and others🙄

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Let me help you out with a look at the first question asked of Ken Dorsey in his media availability yesterday.

Pat (didn't catch last name - Treeman?) from Buffalo Criterian pointed out that Allen's INTs until Sunday were "competitive" but Allen admitted the balls he threw Sunday were bad. 

Dorsey said we look at it on tape and break down, was it decision, was it fundamentals, was it a freak occurrance.  We make sure we're learning from it so they don't repeat, and then we move forward.

To summarize: Dorsey and Josh and the offense look at the tape, figure out what went wrong, and move on to the next game.

You?

Yeah, I have no concerns that Josh is suddenly regressing. 

He was late and threw across his body on the first one. 

And the second one he said he wanted to spike the ball and just didn't get it there. 

What I think the Bills need to work on is getting Gabe involved in every game, smoothing out his up and down performances. If he's not catching deep, are there other ways he can contribute, drag routes across the field and sideline out routes? Not sure on the specifics, but it was clear to me as that game went along in the second half that Gabe could have given the offense a spark. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Statistically, both their rushing ypc and passing ypa is pretty good.  Better than any D the Bills have faced so far.

Points against they are 8th of the teams that have played 8 games already.

Their D (from the few games I watched) seem above average.

The thing is these stats are with the offense having a good run game which is now in question.

I see the Jets O not staying on the field as long as previous games putting more pressure on their D.

Thanks for an answer.  Yes, both those things are good.  On a Y/G basis, they're the same as the Rams.  They are 25th in the league for plays/game.  The Rams, Packers, Titans, and Dolphins are all better at getting the opponent off the field.  So teams are staying on the field against them somehow even with the Jets run game hanging onto the ball - maybe it's stuff-stuff-Convert?  They're 11 in PPG, the Titans are about the same.

I think they're a good D, don't get me wrong, I'm just not convinced they're the best D we've faced.  They may have a different set of strengths and weaknesses though.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think they're a good D, don't get me wrong, I'm just not convinced they're the best D we've faced.  They may have a different set of strengths and weaknesses though.

I agree.  Whether "better" than any other D is questionable but still a good D.

I see no way they keep the Bills O to under 24 points.  Jets O will be lucky to score 16.

The weather window looks great so the Bills O could bounce back big.

Bills are not going to take this divisional game lightly.  They are 0-1 in the division and behind the Dolphins in that regard.

I actually believe that Keenum might be taking some snaps in this one.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

As opposed to the same, dumb, asinine questions posed by Jerry Sullivan and others🙄

Which is why pressers are mostly worthless anyway - same corporate lines and hiding info over and over. Muki should just ask McD to pick a number between 1-20 and see how close he comes to guessing the right answer, its a different new question!

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

Which is why pressers are mostly worthless anyway - same corporate lines and hiding info over and over. Muki should just ask McD to pick a number between 1-20 and see how close he comes to guessing the right answer, its a different new question!

I mean, you're welcome to your opinion in which case, to not watch them and not join in discussion about them would seem logical.  Then those of us who do find some interest tucked in there between the media reporters who ask narrow questions which seem designed to elicit a pre-determined response, can discuss what interests us without disturbing your nap?

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

By far the best defense we have played all year.  

If our defense is going to be without White, Poyer, and Milano, going to be a nail bitter.

13 points is way too much for how good Jets D is.

Bills better start blitzing too.  Wilson stinks at pressure.

Rams give up 310.9, Jest 311.4, Packers 316.0. So not by far the best defense we've played all year.

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, you're welcome to your opinion in which case, to not watch them and not join in discussion about them would seem logical.  Then those of us who do find some interest tucked in there between the media reporters who ask narrow questions which seem designed to elicit a pre-determined response, can discuss what interests us without disturbing your nap?

Correct but I do watch the pressers, and i'm entitled to state my opinion that Muki doesnt typically ask good open questions just like you are allowed to think he does. Its part of a discussion board correct? Or are discussion boards more for snide jabs at someone who thinks differently?

15 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Rams give up 310.9, Jest 311.4, Packers 316.0. So not by far the best defense we've played all year.

that for total game which also tells the tale of their woeful offense. On a per drive basis they are very good:

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah, I have no concerns that Josh is suddenly regressing. 

He was late and threw across his body on the first one. 

And the second one he said he wanted to spike the ball and just didn't get it there. 

I don't use the term "regressing", but I think it's fair to say they were both bad decisions and should not have been thrown as they were.  Josh is easily able to sail the ball out the back of the EZ if he's trying to throw it away.  And throwing late/across his body is something Josh has learned not to do.

So I think "why?" are questions that need to be asked and answered, and I'm sure Josh and the coaches will ask and answer them.

44 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What I think the Bills need to work on is getting Gabe involved in every game

You do know that Gabe had 7 targets in the GB game, of which he caught 2?

Shakir had 2 targets of which he caught 0.

That's one reason I thought it was interesting that McDermott called out balls that should have been caught in his presser.

I haven't gone through film to see how many and which balls were catchable. 

6 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

We'll see how good they are on Sunday. It will be their biggest test to date. 

They are a lot better at run defending than pass, but Bills need to be careful with their D line.  It is one of the better ones in the league.

People love to just gloss over the talent they added last year and this year on D.

They got some stars in Q Williams and Gardner.

Lawson and JFM are very good and Mosley is healthy this year.

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oh yea it’s bad no question about that…but this implication that it’s going to happen again or that second half is gonna carry over to another game is going pretty far overboard imo.  

I don’t think necessarily that he will get picked while trying to ground the ball it’s just the closing out/getting sloppy stuff. The focus has to be there. 

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

Muki also a lot of times asks questions almost trying to give coaches advice on formations and personnel that bug me, or like trying to talk about his own football experience and thoughts.

I specifically remember one I think he was asking about we should use Moss, Cook (or maybe it was an earlier year with Yeldon), Singletary all in the backfield at the same time to help the running game. It was very long question as he brought up this or that team doing it, and his own like high school experience or college he played at. 

I think sometimes the coaches get annoyed by him as well because of some of his long winded questions.

Muki is fine. You want to talk about long winded and confusing questions? Look no further than John Wawrow..and people on this board worship him. 

14 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

They are a lot better at run defending than pass, but Bills need to be careful with their D line.  It is one of the better ones in the league.

People love to just gloss over the talent they added last year and this year on D.

They got some stars in Q Williams and Gardner.

Lawson and JFM are very good and Mosley is healthy this year.

I'm not doubting they're good, but if they are alot better against the run than the pass, they may be in trouble. They've only played 2 top 10 passing offenses this year. Joe Burrow, who's up and down like a yoyo and against Miami's 3rd string QB, which doesn't count. The rest are all in bottom half of the league in passing. Like I said, we'll see on Sunday.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.