Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Johnnyp566 said:

If the Bills want to play a garbage and wreckless brand of football like they did in the 2nd half against GB then they can keep any team in a game and lose games they should win. I know we won but it was unacceptable and it started with Allen.

Why are people exaggerating this so wildly lol. They clearly told josh to avoid taking unnecessary hits with a big lead so he passed up an easy scramble on the first int.  Josh tried to throw the ball away and gb made a ridiculous play to snag that second int.   All qbs throw a couple dumb intercept able passes per game…credit to gb for holding onto them.  This is not going to develop into any kind of trend. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Johnnyp566 said:

To get picked off while trying to “dirt” the ball in the red zone is reckless and a garbage brand of football. Josh Allen is great…but it’s not acceptable when you have the chance to seal the game or ever for that matter.  

I just looked at the standings and the Bills are listed at 6-1.  It looks like the NFL somehow overlooked your definition of acceptability and awarded the Bills a win anyway.  

Do you think the Packers will throw a challenge flag and we’ll end up 5-2?  Gosh I hope not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

To get picked off while trying to “dirt” the ball in the red zone is reckless and a garbage brand of football. Josh Allen is great…but it’s not acceptable when you have the chance to seal the game or ever for that matter.  

If he ever does that in a game that's actually close that's when I'll worry about it. The Packers were never a threat to win that game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

By far the best defense we have played all year.  

If our defense is going to be without White, Poyer, and Milano, going to be a nail bitter.

13 points is way too much for how good Jets D is.

Bills better start blitzing too.  Wilson stinks at pressure.

White, Poyer, and Milano are all almost irrelevant considering they're playing a QB who is objectively bad in almost every measure.  Their defense is good but not excellent, Sauce Gardner is fantastic and the line is all right but they aren't world beaters.  

The Jets have gotten lucky with a string of backup QBs.  They haven't played against a QB of Allen's quality all season.  They're going to get stomped. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

Hey, you have been told that there are plenty of threads talking about last week's game.

Please take last week's game talk to one of those.  This thread is about the Jets game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I continue to be impressed by Muki Hawkins.  In contrast to many of the more "serious" reporters, he has a gift for asking more open-ended questions which draw more interesting answers from Coach McD. 

Muki: "From a fundamentals standpoint, Coach, what went well and what didn't?"

Coach McD specifically called out tackling on D and ST, and receivers "dropped some balls, that were catchable balls"

In response to a question about the abhominable run D, McDermott specifically put the responsibility beyond the DL.  He said it starts with putting guys in the right position (so there were specifically some things with the scheme) and then executing.  So I think in this context it's not just guys not staying home and minding their gap, there are some schematic weaknesses that GB identified and exploited and McDermott is burning the midnight oil to identify and put right.

He looks like a guy who hasn't slept too much.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

How you figure that? 

Seriously - what are your criteria?

Statistically, Titans and Rams are better on points against and yards against.  Ravens get more TO. 

Titans, Chiefs, Rams, Ravens and Dolphins allow fewer rush yards against.

Packers and Rams allow fewer pass yards against.

I don't want to take away from the Jets, I think they have a very good D.  Salah was a good DC in SF.

But what makes them the best D we've faced in your view?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

Oh yea it’s bad no question about that…but this implication that it’s going to happen again or that second half is gonna carry over to another game is going pretty far overboard imo.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnnyp566 said:

If the Bills want to play a garbage and wreckless brand of football like they did in the 2nd half against GB then they can keep any team in a game and lose games they should win. I know we won but it was unacceptable and it started with Allen.

Gotta allow the players to have off games, even Allen. The difference with this team is our MVP QB can have an off game with us still winning by ten.

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I continue to be impressed by Muki Hawkins.  In contrast to many of the more "serious" reporters, he has a gift for asking more open-ended questions which draw more interesting answers from Coach McD. 

Muki: "From a fundamentals standpoint, Coach, what went well and what didn't?"

Coach McD specifically called out tackling on D and ST, and receivers "dropped some balls, that were catchable balls"

In response to a question about the abhominable run D, McDermott specifically put the responsibility beyond the DL.  He said it starts with putting guys in the right position (so there were specifically some things with the scheme) and then executing.  So I think in this context it's not just guys not staying home and minding their gap, there are some schematic weaknesses that GB identified and exploited and McDermott is burning the midnight oil to identify and put right.

He looks like a guy who hasn't slept too much.

Muki talks like a 5th grader lol

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

If our defense is going to be without White, Poyer, and Milano, going to be a nail bitter.

‘By far’ is a massive stretch.  They aren’t far better than the titans or rams. The stats comparisons are a bit skewed because they got two offensive dumpster fires in back to back weeks with Denver and GB

• Agree 1

On 11/1/2022 at 9:25 AM, Back2Buff said:

Not sure how this looks after this week's games, but don't the Bills lead the league in QB pressures while being the last in the league in blitz percentage? I don't think the Bills have to blitz.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

How you figure that? 

Seriously - what are your criteria?

Statistically, both their rushing ypc and passing ypa is pretty good.  Better than any D the Bills have faced so far.

Points against they are 8th of the teams that have played 8 games already.

Their D (from the few games I watched) seem above average.

The thing is these stats are with the offense having a good run game which is now in question.

I see the Jets O not staying on the field as long as previous games putting more pressure on their D.

• Like (+1) 1

According to Colin Cowherd the Bills "struggled" against the Packers because they were cocky and full of themselves. This is because the the City of Buffalo has never won anything, so we have no self esteem. 

Yes Colin, that makes sense. Josh Allen is suddenly too-cocky, Sean McDermott is now shooting his mouth off like Rex Ryan, Von Miller is known for his mouth. 

Media loves Stef Diggs, just as long as he doesn't jaw with Jaire Alexander. 

This is the same old media. We're happy for little Buffalo, just as long as they don't really win anything. 

Drop the Bills to 8th on your little Top 10 list Colin, and talk about how running the ball is the Packers new identity. My gosh. 

Let's see if the Bills over-cockiness rubs off this week and we get ambushed by the Jets. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Muki also a lot of times asks questions almost trying to give coaches advice on formations and personnel that bug me, or like trying to talk about his own football experience and thoughts.

I specifically remember one I think he was asking about we should use Moss, Cook (or maybe it was an earlier year with Yeldon), Singletary all in the backfield at the same time to help the running game. It was very long question as he brought up this or that team doing it, and his own like high school experience or college he played at. 

I think sometimes the coaches get annoyed by him as well because of some of his long winded questions.

2 hours ago, Johnnyp566 said:

Let me help you out with a look at the first question asked of Ken Dorsey in his media availability yesterday.

Pat (didn't catch last name - Treeman?) from Buffalo Criterian pointed out that Allen's INTs until Sunday were "competitive" but Allen admitted the balls he threw Sunday were bad. 

Dorsey said we look at it on tape and break down, was it decision, was it fundamentals, was it a freak occurrance.  We make sure we're learning from it so they don't repeat, and then we move forward.

To summarize: Dorsey and Josh and the offense look at the tape, figure out what went wrong, and move on to the next game.

You?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.