NFL messing up a good thing (Pat McAfee)

DrDawkinstein

The Pat McAfee show was notified by the NFL, that even though the show pays the NFL $4M/yr to use clips and copyright material, the show is NOT allowed to use team logos in the graphics they make.

SMH...

Pat McAfee is the best thing FOOTBALL (college and NFL) has going towards marketing their products. Of course the NFL wants to mess that up.

I love McAfee's response "I dont think we've touched on many subjects we could have that we now will in the offseason. Such as CTE and insurance and the NFL being held accountable for the things they should be accountable for. Guess we'll start talking a lot more about that stuff."

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 7

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

What are only the broadcast partners and the gambling companies allowed to use the logos? Not a good look NFL. 

Some of the NFL owners are the owners of the gambling houses, that’s why.

I've been saying it a lot lately. If you are a football fan of any kind, Pat McAfee is a national treasure.

Whether it is on his show covering mostly NFL, or on College Gameday, or any of the other shows he participates in... He is well-informed, has the players-chops to back it up, he is quick and witty, and always entertaining. Doesnt say controversial stuff just for the attention, because he doesnt have to.

Of course the NFL is going to eff around. Now they are about to find out.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 8
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Yeah the boys are doing alright when it comes to their bank accounts.  Now Pat’s doing gameday on Saturdays and I think he’s still involved with WWE doing their commentary so he’s pretty good I’d imagine. 

they have a lot Bills  players on for interviews which is cool too.  Players really seem much more loose during his show as compared to the normal cookie cutter interviews 

Edited by Mynamemike
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

He's paying 4 million a year.  But they aren't letting him use the logos for graphics 

Cool that is their RIGHT. He can ask how much is the upgrade and we’ll then pay it to for USE of NFL materials. 

Capitalism Baby. 

why Should NFL Let ANYONE profit off their items without that fee? 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Vomit 6
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cool that is their RIGHT. He can ask how much is the upgrade and we’ll then pay it to for USE of NFL materials. 

Capitalism Baby. 

I don't really care about McAfee or his show but this is just a silly opinion considering the obvious symbiotic relationship between the NFL and the show. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 8

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Capitalism Baby. 

I want to hope this is just trolling, but I’m guessing not. SMH

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I've been saying it a lot lately. If you are a football fan of any kind, Pat McAfee is a national treasure.

Whether it is on his show covering mostly NFL, or on College Gameday, or any of the other shows he participates in... He is well-informed, has the players-chops to back it up, he is quick and witty, and always entertaining. Doesnt say controversial stuff just for the attention, because he doesnt have to.

Of course the NFL is going to eff around. Now they are about to find out.

👍🏻 Been watching him every day since he started on YT.  The absolute best, without peer imo. I only watch clips of other talk shows since being spoiled by Pat.  I watch his show nearly every m-f

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bruffalo said:

I don't really care about McAfee or his show but this is just a silly opinion considering the obvious symbiotic relationship between the NFL and the show. 

Not a silly opinion. It is Capitalism. You want to profit of NFL materials PAY THE FEES. 

just that easy. All broadcasters do. So take some of your 30M a year made selling gambling to people that cannot afford it and send the fees for use of the logos. Or don’t. But crying about it ***** off 

Just now, Billsflyer12 said:

I want to hope this is just trolling, but I’m guessing not. SMH

Do you give away your ***** for FREE? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.