If you saw a current Bills player do something stupid, would you lean towards giving him a pass?

Draconator

3 hours ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

I love the Bills but people regardless of celebrity need to be accountable for their accidents. I speed sometimes but dangerous moves like that should not happen.  We have a huge tailgating problem in Ohio where people are in such a hurry to get where they are going they cross double lines to pass. Apparently there is a problem with people passing school buses. Sorry to rant but celebrity shouldn’t be a reason for not obeying traffic laws.  Ask Henry Ruggs if he regrets his decision.

Spot on!

I happened to check out Ruggs on  the internet, you wont believe this but he is training o return back to the NFL, I still dont think and hope he ever returns..

• Angry 1

I’d be worries he gets in a crash and hurts himself and others driving like that.  Get a Rover,  or X5M,  GLE AMG, or X Plad, and have a nice, sporty SUV and don’T drive it crazy passing ppl.

Also, write letter/email to McD.  Can’t have young guys taking risks like that.   

5 hours ago, Draconator said:

This happened to me yesterday, so I'm putting this out there for the general TBD population for your takes on this.

French Rd in Cheektowaga, NY (bordering West Seneca) is a 4 lane road with a center turn lane. With is being a residential street, the speed limit is 35mph.  I was driving down going about 45mph, keeping up with traffic. (The cops allow 45mph on most days down French).  I'm in the left hand lane, behind an SUV, with a pick up truck driving along side of us in the right hand land.

In my rearview mirror I see this Chevy Camaro flying up behind us. It wasn't a stock Camaro either, definitely newer model, top of the line package. The guys was looking for every opportunity to pass us. We all pull up to a stop light, I look at the Camaro, the driver has his window rolled down, and it Greg Rousseau. I wave, he gives me the peace sign back. The light turns green, the truck pulls away first, and Groot flies around the truck, pulls in front of him to make a right hand turn onto Union. 

Normally I would be cursing the driver of the Camaro out for being such an idiot. With it being Rousseau, I was just like, "young kid, boys will be boys". That's not the correct reaction to have, but that was my first reaction. 

What would you have done is someone like Allen or Miller did something that if it were any other person, you'd think to yourself, "what an idiot"?

I would definitely go straight to a message board to name home publicly 

• Eyeroll 1

Depends if you have a phone with video capture.  If so you send a copy to Bills and hope they send you a gift certificate.

Of course since using a phone when driving is illegal you say a companion took film.

I used to have a camera mounted in my car as part of a Virginia program used as part of traffic study.

I was actually paid to be part of this. My wife is amazed how I find deals like this.

I had a special transparent license plate with camera behind it and anytime I saw something on road I'd click button and it would make position on tape with any comment recorded.

I was stopped once for cop and was going to get a ticket and I said I had video contradicting what he said.

He said it was illegal in Virginia to do that and I said (and showed) letter from VA department of motor vehicles and it was signed by governor of VA.

He then put ticket book away and said it was just a warning. 

I was that driver in my youth. Age, wisdom, and the recent loss of two friends to a head-on collision when the oncoming driver illegally passed another vehicle has greatly changed my perspective. I hope someone gets through to him before he irrevocably changes someone's life in the blink of an eye.

• Like (+1) 1

Its  all fun and games till someone's rolled over in a ditch and there is an abulance(s) on the scene.

Also everyone who has ever driven is not without flaw.... younger generations do push limitations.

Edited by ddaryl

On one hand you are right. I would probably be more upset in the moment. 

But also, you are still talking about it and telling the story about an a-hole driver. Which is likely more attention than you would have given it otherwise. 

I think you cancel yourself out here. 

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I would definitely go straight to a message board to name home publicly 

hardly happened like that, but obviously you know me better than I know myself...

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm a bit unclear by what you mean by "give him a pass". 

What would you do for anyone else?  Send your dashcam video to the local police station?  Call 911?

Most of us witness 1 to 100 stupid actions by other drivers a day (number a function of how many hours a day you drive, not where you live).  Do you really get worked up about each and every one of them?  I admire your energy and endurance.

It stems more from the conversation I had with my step daughter after the fact. She said what happened was rude, and I was ready to let it go as a young kid being a young kid, but not rude. When the reality was, it was rude.

7 minutes ago, Draconator said:

It stems more from the conversation I had with my step daughter after the fact. She said what happened was rude, and I was ready to let it go as a young kid being a young kid, but not rude. When the reality was, it was rude.

Got it.  You're more like, mentally, do you give them a pass because they're a Bill vs. calling a schmuck a schmuck?

I'm not sure I have the clearest mental picture of what happened, but witnessed a fatal accident here involving a L turning SUV and a motorcycle that accelerated straight ahead into an intersection.  Not that anyone should take on a crusade of reporting anything they see, but reckless driving can be fatal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.