If you saw a current Bills player do something stupid, would you lean towards giving him a pass?

Draconator

This happened to me yesterday, so I'm putting this out there for the general TBD population for your takes on this.

French Rd in Cheektowaga, NY (bordering West Seneca) is a 4 lane road with a center turn lane. With is being a residential street, the speed limit is 35mph.  I was driving down going about 45mph, keeping up with traffic. (The cops allow 45mph on most days down French).  I'm in the left hand lane, behind an SUV, with a pick up truck driving along side of us in the right hand land.

In my rearview mirror I see this Chevy Camaro flying up behind us. It wasn't a stock Camaro either, definitely newer model, top of the line package. The guys was looking for every opportunity to pass us. We all pull up to a stop light, I look at the Camaro, the driver has his window rolled down, and it Greg Rousseau. I wave, he gives me the peace sign back. The light turns green, the truck pulls away first, and Groot flies around the truck, pulls in front of him to make a right hand turn onto Union. 

Normally I would be cursing the driver of the Camaro out for being such an idiot. With it being Rousseau, I was just like, "young kid, boys will be boys". That's not the correct reaction to have, but that was my first reaction. 

What would you have done is someone like Allen or Miller did something that if it were any other person, you'd think to yourself, "what an idiot"?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

i'd think to myself what an idiot but not at all care in the long run. the world is filling up with bad drivers - and an increasing amount of people who now pass in the right on ramp merge lanes. let them be stupid and when they f-up hold them accoutnable.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

I was an idiot with a red camaro at that age. I drove like one too. I didn't have millions though.

By the way, I have heard thru friends whose kids went to college with Greg R. that he was really a good kid.

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Living in the south and driving professionally I’d think to myself:

“ Self, surprised to see so much restraint from a kid in a muscle car.”

When I come back to Buffalo, I need to consciously drive super slow with three to five car length distances between doing 30 on dry pavement.

Another thing I don’t miss about living there

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1

I love the Bills but people regardless of celebrity need to be accountable for their accidents. I speed sometimes but dangerous moves like that should not happen.  We have a huge tailgating problem in Ohio where people are in such a hurry to get where they are going they cross double lines to pass. Apparently there is a problem with people passing school buses. Sorry to rant but celebrity shouldn’t be a reason for not obeying traffic laws.  Ask Henry Ruggs if he regrets his decision.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

I love the Bills but people regardless of celebrity need to be accountable for their accidents. I speed sometimes but dangerous moves like that should not happen.  We have a huge tailgating problem in Ohio where people are in such a hurry to get where they are going they cross double lines to pass. Apparently there is a problem with people passing school buses. Sorry to rant but celebrity shouldn’t be a reason for not obeying traffic laws.  Ask Henry Ruggs if he regrets his decision.

Good point about Ruggs. Different scenarios, but really the same. Not obeying traffic laws. 

22 minutes ago, boyst said:

i'd think to myself what an idiot but not at all care in the long run. the world is filling up with bad drivers - and an increasing amount of people who now pass in the right on ramp merge lanes. let them be stupid and when they f-up hold them accoutnable.

The f-up is the action they take, though, not the result right?  You drive irresponsibly and you either get lucky or unlucky. The morality isn’t predicated on the luck.

• Like (+1) 1

They get no special dispensation because they play football, all people do stupid stuff, especially young people, so treat him like everyone else, folk who speed up just to turn right in front of you are being an azs hole. Jmo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

It’s 2022-  shut your mouth or risk getting shot.  

I’d do exactly the same thing I’d do if it were a Joe Schmo.  Nothing.  The only other option we really have is to call the cops.  Anything else could get you killed.  People shooting each other for the stupidest things nowadays. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MarkyMannn said:

What I've noticed driving lately, people passing using the left hand turn lane. Union Road. Not often, but you'll see it

I've seen that too in parts. 

If this was any other person, I would be like, "You ***** idiot" and go about my business. What got me thinking is I was picking up my step daughter from work. I told her about this, and her only reply was "rude". It was rude, but I tried to give him a pass. That was wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

Personally, I'd think that he was a poor driver and worry that he would hurt himself or someone else at some point. If he was weaving in and out of traffic like he was intoxicated or inebriated in some way, then I judge his character and would be disappointed. Otherwise, I think he's young and foolish and hope he gets it out of his system without injury to himself or others and simply go about my day. As others have stated, many people these days are bad drivers or inconsiderate of other people on the road...I don't think it makes them bad people, but poor drivers and at times reckless.

23 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The f-up is the action they take, though, not the result right?  You drive irresponsibly and you either get lucky or unlucky. The morality isn’t predicated on the luck.

Maybe follow him on Twitter and just message him you are concerned he could cause accident driving as you witnessed.  If he is the good kid which I believe we ve is true I bet he'll reflect on that and realize the few seconds he saved was not worth the risk of causing an accident.  Equally I'm not sure he has lived in wny long enough to really learn the way to handle slick icy roads as the weather here turns.  Sometimes the cold slick roads are not the best place to peel rubber from a stop regardless of any traffic nearby.  Could easily just cause only an accident with his own vehicle in the right conditions that he never dealt with in FL.  It's a concern for his safety as well as safety of any other person that could be involved in an accident when one or both parties are not following driving laws. 

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

If I see Allen and Diggs robbing a bank...I will literally tell the Police it was two 5'5 Asian men and the getaway car was a Rav 4.  

Exactly.  Or he looked like this guyManning Tom Brady GIF

I can relate to his driving.  I can't stand all of your old asses in the fast lane.  Move the eff over

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.