Have you ever seen so many teams "give up" to a team before

Sharky7337

Just thinking about some of the wins we have seen - we have seen about three times out of our games in just this season where you could argue the teams basically gave up.

Green Bay, Los Angeles, arguably Pittsburg

I do not recall seeing teams do that to any team in my memory.

Do you think this bills team (win or lose or whatever in the post season) is one of the best football teams ever seen (just from what we have seen so far)?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

LA for sure gave up. They started playing their backups and treating it like a preseason game.

No they didn’t……Stafford played the entire game…..down to their last possession. What game did you watch?

1st & 10 at LAR 18

(5:17 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Henderson left tackle to LA 27 for 9 yards (T.Johnson).

2nd & 1 at LAR 27

(4:57 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Henderson left tackle to LA 26 for -1 yards (T.Johnson).

3rd & 2 at LAR 26

(4:33 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short right to C.Kupp to LA 34 for 8 yards (K.Elam) [C.Basham].

1st & 10 at LAR 34

(4:05 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short middle to D.Henderson to LA 40 for 6 yards (T.Johnson).

2nd & 4 at LAR 40

(3:41 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short right to B.Skowronek to LA 45 for 5 yards (M.Milano).

1st & 10 at LAR 45

(3:17 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Stafford pass incomplete short right to T.Higbee.

2nd & 10 at LAR 45

(3:12 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short middle to T.Higbee to BUF 44 for 11 yards (T.Edmunds, M.Hyde).

1st & 10 at BUF 44

(2:40 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short right to B.Skowronek to BUF 40 for 4 yards (T.Edmunds).

2nd & 6 at BUF 40

(2:18 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Stafford pass incomplete short right to B.Skowronek.

(2:16 - 4th) Timeout #1 by BUF at 02:16.

3rd & 6 at BUF 40

(2:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short left to C.Kupp to BUF 12 for 28 yards (M.Hyde).

(2:00 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning

1st & 10 at BUF 12

(2:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Stafford sacked at BUF 18 for -6 yards (A.Epenesa).

2nd & 16 at BUF 18

(1:15 - 4th) D.Henderson right tackle to BUF 16 for 2 yards (D.Jones; J.Phillips).

(0:51 - 4th) Timeout #2 by BUF at 00:51.

3rd & 14 at BUF 16

(0:51 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass incomplete short right to T.Higbee (G.Rousseau).

4th & 14 at BUF 16

(0:41 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass incomplete deep left to Al.Robinson (C.Benford).

Edited by streetkings01

4 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

No they didn’t……Stafford played the entire game…..down to their last possession. What game did you watch?

Sorry. I meant Tennesee, which is not one mentioned, but they started playing backups.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

Maybe our opponents are not all “giving up”, but interesting comments from at least a few opposing coaches:

McVey - That was humbling

Vrabel - We got our asses kicked

Tomlin - We got smashed

LaFleur definitely appeared defeated right after halftime last night too.  Saleh will be next.

One thing I love with our Bills this year is aside from having certain players that are extremely gifted physically, I think the leaders of this team (Josh, Stefon, Von, Tremaine, Milano, etc.) are giving us a solid mental edge too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I will say this.  I was definitely as confused as many others yesterday watching Green Bay continue to run the football as the clock simply ticked away.  In my mind I did feel a bit like they were kinda throwing in the towel.  There was way too much time remaining with them down three scores at one point.  That's the reigning league MVP under center, I don't care if you've got Kelvin Benjamin with turf toe, Antonio Brown with a lot on his mind, and Josh Gordon with an ounce of gangja in his socks, IMO you let Rodgers air it out....

So yeah, last night probably was the first time the thought crossed my mind, "uhh, is GB just giving up?"

I prefer 20+ point beat downs, but I’ll take a 24-7 halftime lead and 10 point wins every week. Let’s be honest if we won every game here on out through the Super Bowl we will take it. Granted there are a few sycophants on here who would only accept Allen leading a heroic game winning drive as their preferred method of victory. 

3 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I will say this.  I was definitely as confused as many others yesterday watching Green Bay continue to run the football as the clock simply ticked away.  In my mind I did feel a bit like they were kinda throwing in the towel.  There was way too much time remaining with them down three scores at one point.  That's the reigning league MVP under center, I don't care if you've got Kelvin Benjamin with turf toe, Antonio Brown with a lot on his mind, and Josh Gordon with an ounce of gangja in his socks, IMO you let Rodgers air it out....

So yeah, last night probably was the first time the thought crossed my mind, "uhh, is GB just giving up?"

I think they were playing for next week and beyond….

let’s see if they win this week now that have their run game going….

6 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I was definitely as confused as many others yesterday watching Green Bay continue to run the football as the clock simply ticked away.

I did notice that after the 2 minites warning, Rodgers threw a complete pass.  The receiver stayed inbounds and it took them 30 seconds to start the next play.  There was no sense of urgency from what I saw.  Two minutes to go and down only ten points.... Josh would be balling!

• Agree 1

To me, it looked like Rodgers was very dejected when Watson went down in the 1st quarter. I have a feeling he was a big part of last night's game plan for the Pack.

After that, I wouldn't say they gave up, but Rodgers didn't look like he wanted to do a whole lot to try and make things happen. I think he was content to just hand the ball off and chaulk up the loss to lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

I think they were playing for next week and beyond….

let’s see if they win this week now that have their run game going….

In the stadium me and my buddies were so confused. It made ZERO sense to run it as much as they did in the third quarter only to then throw it on the last few drives when they had absolutely no chance. They used like ~8 mins of game clock down 3 scores and walked away with no points. It had to be deliberate but I cant figure out why. I cant see any justification.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.