Is There So Little Love for Tremaine Edmunds?

Shaw66

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Because Milano makes infinitely more plays than Edmunds does. He plays every snap like he's shot out of a cannon, so his misses are easier to overlook. We know that over the course of a game, and especially over the course of a season it's going to even out because he never stops impact making plays. The problem with Edmunds is that he's never offset his flaws by any sort of playmaking ability. He either does nothing or gets abused.

We were gashed up the middle all night tonight and his inability to shed a block or read the RB is not an insignificant reason why that is. I'm not interested in an MLB who gets abused on a constant basis like he does. We could sign Deion Jones next year for half his salary to do the same thing.

You really need to re-watch the game. I gave a few examples of Milano issues and that was just the first qt last night. Milano was average at best last night and that’s being nice. The bold shows the bias in how you watch the game. As I’ve said, you’re just looking for Edmunds mistakes. I showed Milano was not playing any better and you overlook it. Your words, not mine. As to the second bold, shows the bias really affects how you watch him play. 

7 hours ago, Trock said:

Looked terrible in coverage today against hill 

7 hours ago, Trock said:

But isn’t his strength coverage? If it is, not good enough. 

Please go find me a MLB capable of covering Tyreek Hill and then stop b*tching when you can’t find one. Ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

Did you watch the game tonight? The dude got clowned.

So was #58

We're not talking about him. His talent and production are not and have never been in question.

Yeah, we are talking about him too. He wasn’t good last night. Edmunds actually had a better game. If you think he had a bad game, milanos was on par if not worse. 

14 minutes ago, Dopey said:

You really need to re-watch the game. I gave a few examples of Milano issues and that was just the first qt last night. Milano was average at best last night and that’s being nice. The bold shows the bias in how you watch the game. As I’ve said, you’re just looking for Edmunds mistakes. I showed Milano was not playing any better and you overlook it. Your words, not mine. As to the second bold, shows the bias really affects how you watch him play. 

Milano did not have a great game but is a much better LBer in totality. Which is why he is currently locked up and Edmunds is playing on an option.

Edited by FireChans

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Milano did not have a great game but is a much better LBer in totality. Which is why he is currently locked up and Edmunds is playing on an option.

He actually had a bad game. 
One mistake by Edmunds leads to a meltdown, but Milano gets no mention on how bad he was? 
Typical response: “ he didn’t have a great game”. 
Look, I am happy as hell we have Milano. He’s a stud. But some of you are showing how biased you are when you watch this defense. The bold is just one example. 

39 minutes ago, Dopey said:

One mistake by Edmunds leads to a meltdown, but Milano gets no mention on how bad he was? 
Look, I am happy as hell we have Milano. He’s a stud. But some of you are showing how biased you are when you watch this defense. The bold is just one example. 

I just mentioned MIlano. He also made a couple major plays. I don't agree he had a "he was so bad" type game.

There's a reason people don't talk about Milano. Because even when he makes mistakes, he's proven his worth. Which is why he has a long-term contract, unlike some other Bills LBers lol

Edited by FireChans

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Did you watch the game tonight? The dude got clowned.

5 hours ago, BadboyBills said:

Im keeping Tremaine over whoever else you want atm. Call me homer, whatever dont care, going to bed.

2 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Please go find me a MLB capable of covering Tyreek Hill and then stop b*tching when you can’t find one. Ridiculous.

A MLB should be able to read a run up the middle, Edmonds consistently misses the read, he is so slow at missing the read he is blocked 5 yards away from the line of scrimmage, quite often before even moving. I could care less if he can cover Tyreek Hill or any other WR. He is supposed to be the RUN STOP in the middle of the field within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage between the tackles if he is an average lb.  If he does that once a game it's a miracle. He is PUTRID between the tackles in this defense. Now if that is what the coaches want from him, then he is a HOF MLB at that because he does it better than any MLB I have watched since the 70's. Can he cover? I am told he can, how many picks does he have, Passes defensed. Yards made against him per completion? I can tell you without looking it up it's gotta be close to 9 10 yards a completion.  I will give him this, he is an athletic freak of nature, I believe that if he was an OLB or DE, and the coaches gave him the job of just getting to the ball regardless of any assignment, he would be a freaking stud.  But if you want him to play MLB and tell me he is great at that position or even good, then we are in complete disagreement. 

Move him to the outside and tell him to get the QB or the RB, he would be a 15-20 sack LT type player. But in the middle, I would take freaking Paul Posluszny over him.

• Disagree 2

20 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

A MLB should be able to read a run up the middle, Edmonds consistently misses the read, he is so slow at missing the read he is blocked 5 yards away from the line of scrimmage, quite often before even moving. I could care less if he can cover Tyreek Hill or any other WR. He is supposed to be the RUN STOP in the middle of the field within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage between the tackles if he is an average lb.  If he does that once a game it's a miracle. He is PUTRID between the tackles in this defense. Now if that is what the coaches want from him, then he is a HOF MLB at that because he does it better than any MLB I have watched since the 70's. Can he cover? I am told he can, how many picks does he have, Passes defensed. Yards made against him per completion? I can tell you without looking it up it's gotta be close to 9 10 yards a completion.  I will give him this, he is an athletic freak of nature, I believe that if he was an OLB or DE, and the coaches gave him the job of just getting to the ball regardless of any assignment, he would be a freaking stud.  But if you want him to play MLB and tell me he is great at that position or even good, then we are in complete disagreement. 

Move him to the outside and tell him to get the QB or the RB, he would be a 15-20 sack LT type player. But in the middle, I would take freaking Paul Posluszny over him.

No chance either of these are happening. Have you seen Edmunds on a blitz? He’s the least impactful blitzing LB I’ve ever recall watching. If he gets an unimpeded path to the QB, sure he can close quickly, but if someone is in his way, doesn’t matter if it’s a TE, FB, or RB, he’s not beating that block.

There was video of the Pats game last year where he was blitzing with a full head of steam and got stood up in the hole by a 5’10 220 lb RB. I had never seen that before where a player’s momentum just gets completely stonewalled against a smaller player. If he was a more physical and tenacious player, maybe he’d be better in this category, ala “Micah Parsons lite,” but he just lacks everything necessary to be a pass rushing demon, despite his size and athletic gifts.

Can’t both sides be right on the Edmunds argument regarding his play. I’ve gained a lot more appreciation for him this year. He’s had some real solid games but last night was not one of them. I do feel overall you see the difference when he is out of the lineup. At the same time would he be worth say top 5 LB pay? I’d vote no 

57 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

Yeah I’m not reading that essay

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

One mistake by Edmunds leads to a meltdown, but Milano gets no mention on how bad he was

Because Milano is a better player...the best on the Defense.  He had an off game.

Edmunds is good and I hope that they can afford to keep him.  I wouldn’t be looking forward to 17 games of Terrell Brandon playing there instead, but cap constraints may make it impossible to keep him.  I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they can keep one of Poyer, Edmunds or Oliver.  Keeping 2 of the three would be great.  Any of them would be a big loss.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.