Is There So Little Love for Tremaine Edmunds?

Shaw66

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

A TFL is not an impact play now? I feel like that's exactly what people have been begging for. To disregard it now is moving the goal posts a bit. He made multiple great tackles and played the run and pass well today. 

I easily pointed to a specific play and you haven't pointed to anything specific yet.

It's hard having a decent conversation with someone who just avoids the topic and talks in circles.

For a LBer 1 isn’t. Sorry it is what your LBers should do. I don’t need to point to ***** to justify MY opinion shift. 

I have defended his play long enough. Now I see he is at his ceiling, and wants to be paid for potential he will never hit. 

so this the the LAST year Edmunds will be a Bill. 

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

For a LBer 1 isn’t. Sorry it is what your LBers should do. I don’t need to point to ***** to justify MY opinion shift. 

I have defended his play long enough. Now I see he is at his ceiling, and wants to be paid for potential he will never hit. 

so this the the LAST year Edmunds will be a Bill. 

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Poyer should be managed this year to make sure he is 100% in the playoffs.  Then let him walk.  

Edmunds is a tougher decision, but he’s not a game changer.  Ultimately we need to give Josh Allen more help than he has, and that’s going to require sacrifice from the Defense.  

It’s wildly obvious who the alpha LB is on this team.  You can’t pay two of them AND have a 9 man DL rotation AND a loaded Secondary.  

Bills should make their run this year and then prepare a plan to replace Edmunds and Poyer with cost effective options.  My goodness, there’s still a ton of talent on this defense without them.  

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bernard sucked. I wonder why they didn't go to some Dodson? I know this year he has mainly backed up Edmunds but he has played WILL for us before and Bernard looked like he was really struggling.

Edmunds was our best defender today. If people are coming here to blame him they are mistaken. 

Is it fair for me to blame him because I'm the game he most needed to step up and make a difference was today? The dude needed to have a great game and did not play above average. 

What stung was Mosley wrecked havoc on us today.

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

A single TFL (2 yard) in an impact play?  Interesting your standards on what Impact play is from a 12M LBer. 

Milano goes out this defense looks trash. Where is Edmunds elevating the LBer play?  Hang you hat on one or two Normal LBer plays though. 

TBF when Edmunds was out they looked bad too and the middle of the field was wide open. The backup LBs just aren't that good. 

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Is it fair for me to blame him because I'm the game he most needed to step up and make a difference was today? The dude needed to have a great game and did not play above average. 

What stung was Mosley wrecked havoc on us today.

Hard when the Dline are on skates and the guy playing next to him literally looked like a scrub. 

44 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Tauron Johnson plays the run very well. McD has discussed how his ability in this regard enables him to run Nickel even when most teams would chose to put a 3rd LB on the field. 

Clearly Taron Johnson didn’t do enough to prevent the Jets from running the ball down our throat on the game winning drive. Our DL was getting shredded and blockers were making it to the 2nd level wiping out our 2nd line of defense. We needed more beef to match the Jets.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Hard when the Dline are on skates and the guy playing next to him literally looked like a scrub. 

when the d line plays well early in the year and Edmunds was playing solid, he Gets a ton of credit.

And when players around him aren’t great and he doesn’t play well, it’s not his fault?

It can’t go both ways..

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

he also had a really good interception, that… well…. wasn’t?

Still scratching my head at that call, and why we didn’t throw the challenge flag.

There wasn't good enough video evidence and the Jets rushed to the line to get the next play off. Highly doubtful the refs overturn that. If there was a challengable play later in the game and the Bills already used theirs, that would've just added to the nightmare. I don't mind then saving the challenge flag there. The Bills ended up getting the ball back anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

What was Edmunds doing on the Jets first TD ? 

Besides jogging halfheartedly towards the RB after he scored....

Jets didn't do anything ground breaking. They ran Zone Read out of a Trips Closed set. Looks like a variation of Cover 0 with inside/out double coverage on the backside inline tight end. Jones gets reached by the Tackle which allowed the Guard to work up to Hamlin. If Jones doesn't get reached they are gapped out. Seems like an odd call on 1st down with as much gap scheme as the Jets were running which makes me wonder if Jaquan Johnson was suppose to blitz which would have allowed Von to play the dive instead of the QB.

image.thumb.png.3e6b838252d853603ecdd8e78b13f7e9.png

I'm guessing this is what should have happened based on pre-snap alignment and post-snap defensive line angles. Two off the edge - Jaquan blitzes to up field shoulder of QB and Von gets a TFL on the dive.

image.thumb.png.04f8e6e31a7fc120423eef0bfb0869fe.png

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

There wasn't good enough video evidence and the Jets rushed to the line to get the next play off. Highly doubtful the refs overturn that. If there was a challengable play later in the game and the Bills already used theirs, that would've just added to the nightmare. I don't mind then saving the challenge flag there. The Bills ended up getting the ball back anyway.

Teams get two challenges a game

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Teams get two challenges a game

You're right. They still had two. I still don't think that changes their decision. They're up in the booth trying to see if there's obvious evidence to overturn and I don't think there was. With the Jets hurrying up, there wasn't enough time to make that call.

I can understand the argument though, that maybe with two challenges they should just throw the flag immediately and take the chance.

7 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Jets didn't do anything ground breaking. They ran Zone Read out of a Trips Closed set. Looks like a variation of Cover 0 with inside/out double coverage on the backside inline tight end. Jones gets reached by the Tackle which allowed the Guard to work up to Hamlin. If Jones doesn't get reached they are gapped out. Seems like an odd call on 1st down with as much gap scheme as the Jets were running which makes me wonder if Jaquan Johnson was suppose to blitz which would have allowed Von to play the dive instead of the QB.

I'm guessing this is what should have happened based on pre-snap alignment and post-snap defensive line angles. Two off the edge - Jaquan blitzes to up field shoulder of QB and Von gets a TFL on the dive.

Did you make these? If so, what are you using?

37 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

A single TFL (2 yard) in an impact play?  Interesting your standards on what Impact play is from a 12M LBer. 

Milano goes out this defense looks trash. Where is Edmunds elevating the LBer play?  Hang you hat on one or two Normal LBer plays though. 

Defense looked like trash last week with Milano in. You do realize Milano is able to roam untouched the majority of the time because the DL and Edmunds are doing the dirty work, right? He's an outside/in fitter - everything gets pushed to him. Milano struggles mightily against gap schemes when he's forced to actually take on blockers. Move Milano into Edmunds role and you put him in a position to do that every single play - he'd look horrific.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Did you make these? If so, what are you using?

Hudl

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Nice analysis! I didn't consider that Jaquan should've been blitzing. 

We need more Von Millers, Matt Milanos, Hydes, Poyers, and Rousseaus. Guys who offset mistakes with big plays and will make things happen. I’m starting to sour on Oliver as a priority re-sign. He’s been far too invisible in the interior. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.