Is There So Little Love for Tremaine Edmunds?

Shaw66

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I pointed to a specific play amidst multiple. Apparently you misunderstood that? Feel free to point to a specific play. I welcome that, as opposed to these blanket statements.

I'm replying to your posts now. I don't care about your history. That doesn't mean anything.

Neither does your mythical stance that Edmunds is a Dog. He is a 12M AVG LBEr. 

if his Cap was in the 4-6M range his play is fine. It isn’t fine for a top end paid ILB. 

but that’s fine. I have my opinion that is built in years of watching him. That opinion is he is at his ceiling. It isn’t good enough. And time to move on after the season. 

17 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Everyone who thought Bernard would be a shoe in Edmunds replacement just got hit in the face with reality 😂

Bernard sucked. I wonder why they didn't go to some Dodson? I know this year he has mainly backed up Edmunds but he has played WILL for us before and Bernard looked like he was really struggling.

Edmunds was our best defender today. If people are coming here to blame him they are mistaken. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Bernard sucked. I wonder why they didn't go to some Dodson? I know this year he has mainly backed up Edmunds but he has played WILL for us before and Bernard looked like he was really struggling.

Yeah Bernard wasn’t good either. 

but glad we have the 18 DL that can rotate. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We played a lot more man this week than we have all year long. I gotta imagine that had a lot to do with it.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Neither does your mythical stance that Edmunds is a Dog. He is a 12M AVG LBEr. 

if his Cap was in the 4-6M range his play is fine. It isn’t fine for a top end paid ILB. 

but that’s fine. I have my opinion that is built in years of watching him. That opinion is he is at his ceiling. It isn’t good enough. And time to move on after the season. 

Okay... you're pivoting to talks about contract. That's fine. It's barely relevant to my response to you, though.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Edmunds was our best defender today. If people are coming here to blame him they are mistaken. 

Agreed

Okay... you're pivoting to talks about contract. That's fine. It's barely relevant to my response to you, though.

Agreed

Contract is part of every discussion with football. I am sorry you don’t want to look at it. 

end of the day I have made my pivot on him after watching him for years. He is capped and at his ceiling and time to move on 

3 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

What was Edmunds doing on the Jets first TD ? 

Besides jogging halfheartedly towards the RB after he scored....

Tell us. Break it down specifically. What were the 11 players on defense doing on that play? What were the responsibilities?

This discussion would be welcomed if you want to have it.

Do you?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Contract is part of every discussion with football. I am sorry you don’t want to look at it. 

end of the day I have made my pivot on him after watching him for years. He is capped and at his ceiling and time to move on 

I have looked at it in this very thread. That's not what we were talking about, though. It's simply what you're talking about now, despite what I originally posted.

"I'm sorry" you don't want to reply to my original response.

Justin Timberlake Eye Roll GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The DL was a MAJOR disappointment today. All that money spent while our OL is cast offs.

Agree. I don’t like how this team is built. I believe we waste a lot of assets because McD needs to have the Defense he wants at the expense of his Franchise QB. 

and IMO a reason why we exit in Arrowhead the last two years. He as everything he wants on defense and it just lets him down, and goes on these 4 game funks mid season every year. 

I have looked at it in this very thread. That's not what we were talking about, though. It's simply what you're talking about now, despite what I originally posted.

"I'm sorry" you don't want to reply to my original response.

Justin Timberlake Eye Roll GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Ok member of Edmunds family. 

point to me where there is still room for growth. Point to me where he is worth 15M a year. 

point to me impact plays. 

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Tell us. Break it down specifically. What were the 11 players on defense doing on that play? What were the responsibilities?

This discussion would be welcomed if you want to have it.

Do you?

That's why I'm asking. 

It looked like Johnson peeled off with their TE and Von Miller was covering the QB option. I don't know the X's and O's, but Edmunds looked like he was in no-mans land accomplishing nothing. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok member of Edmunds family. 

point to me where there is still room for growth. Point to me where he is worth 15M a year. 

point to me impact plays. 

I literally did. (Reference the 2nd quarter two yard TFL on James Robinson by the sideline).

You responded by pivoting to contract talks.

I'm talking to a wall here.

11 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I’ve consistently said it for years, Edmunds sucks. He’s not worth $10M a year let alone $20M. Soft player.

Move Milano into MLB next year and let Tre walk, draft another.

I don't think he "sucks" but ultimately I agree with your main points and I think the Bills will too.

He is not worth the money he will command and we should move on from him; what more is there to say?

18 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Tauron Johnson plays the run very well. McD has discussed how his ability in this regard enables him to run Nickel even when most teams would chose to put a 3rd LB on the field. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if some of the run D issues are partially because vets like Taron and Poyer are a half step slower to react given they have to cover for some of the  rookies/backups at safety and CB. Then add on the fact that there are actual backups and rookies playing. 

Also…Edmunds. 

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I literally did. (Reference the 2nd quarter two yard TFL on James Robinson by the sideline).

You responded by pivoting to contract talks.

I'm talking to a wall here.

A single TFL (2 yard) in an impact play?  Interesting your standards on what Impact play is from a 12M LBer. 

Milano goes out this defense looks trash. Where is Edmunds elevating the LBer play?  Hang you hat on one or two Normal LBer plays though. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

A single TFL (2 yard) in an impact play?  Interesting your standards on what Impact play is from a 12M LBer. 

Milano goes out this defense looks trash. Where is Edmunds elevating the LBer play?  

A TFL is not an impact play now? I feel like that's exactly what people have been begging for. To disregard it now is moving the goal posts a bit. He made multiple great tackles and played the run and pass well today. 

I easily pointed to a specific play and you haven't pointed to anything specific yet.

It's hard having a decent conversation with someone who just avoids the topic and talks in circles.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.