Jordan Phillips.... Wrecking ball

Inigo Montoya

4 hours ago, Bad Things said:

When he was last with the Bills, I remember him always waving his arms around to get the crowd loud and into it.

Is he still doing that this year?

More than anyone else on the defense, absolutely. He was almost late to get in position and set on at least two separate plays (possibly following official timeouts) because he was busy trying to get the fans fired up. To be fair, the fans were not as reliably loud as they were the first two home games. Lots of people sold their seats to the highest bidders. 

• Like (+1) 1

I get it that he's not the best technique guy, or even all that disciplined, but he absolutely has to be accounted for, and when he turns it on it doesnt seem that anyone can stop him.  It's a toss of the dice every play with him in there but it's not hard to imagine a scenario where he turns in a game changing play

I am not worried about run defense. Your up by 3 scores, right thing to do is to play the pass. Everyone on the planet we're scratching their heads, as to why GB was running.

Phillips is one of my favorite players. He absolutely loves being here and it shows. Said he came back, because this was home, this was family for him. Fits Bills culture perfectly.

• Like (+1) 1

Phillips is my favorite guy on D.  Love what Beane did with the D-line this year.  Hopefully they can stay healthy the rest of the year.  If the offense stays consistent, this will be the unit that gets us over the top.  

Gotta say that GB running so much was because they were scared to pass.  Rodgers was going to get killed and they knew it.  That was GB's business decision.  While I'm not happy about the rushing yards given up, I'm not worried about that yet.  It was a blow out game that only our offensive struggles in the second half made look closer than it really was.   

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Phillips has always hated taking on blocks and he plays high so he has terrible leverage and is easily steered out of the way.    He's all about shooting gaps and chasing and he's excellent when he can just do that.  I thought Jones really got pushed around last night too,   surprisingly.      Run defense is all about want-to and technique and though they were determined to stay in nickel it's fair to say there were still a lot of business decisions going on out there.    Milano might have been the only obvious exception.   They were clearly expecting a night off in run defense.

Milano made a bunch of business decisions as well taking on those pullers when they ran Counter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.