Jordan Phillips.... Wrecking ball

Inigo Montoya

The Aaron Jones shoulder shiv that sent him flying was one thing, but the hit Phillips laid on that poor Green Bay tight end looked like something out of an Incredible Hulk movie.  I was half expecting to see the outline of the tight end's body in the turf.  To the guys credit he did get up by himself and was able to get off the field on his own.

Phillips was bringing the pain last night.  His energy is a huge factor in the Bills' D-Line success this year.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think he was also probably a significant factor in the success GB was having on the ground.

I'd guess that he might very well grade out relatively poorly.

Heck, even Von was a significant factor in the success of GB running game and even admitted he was just rushing the passer and probably leaving wide open running lanes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Heck, even Von was a significant factor in the success of GB running game and even admitted he was just rushing the passer and probably leaving wide open running lanes.

Yeah, they were all getting upfield without hesitation.

At least Von got a sniff a couple times.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, they were all getting upfield without hesitation.

At least Von got a sniff a couple times.

I think it happened just as Von described. The Packers were down 17 and it got later and later in the game and they were saying this has to be when they start passing, yet it never happened until late into the 4th. Funny thing is he actually asked Rodgers why they weren't passing, but wouldn't reveal what Rodhers told him. I'm guessing it was something bad about the WRs or the coach, or both.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I think it happened just as Von described. The Packers were down 17 and it got later and later in the game and they were saying this has to be when they start passing, yet it never happened until late into the 4th. Funny thing is he actually asked Rodgers why they weren't passing, but wouldn't reveal what Rodhers told him. I'm guessing it was something bad about the WRs or the coach, or both.

Yeah, I saw that too and was really wondering what was said.

That looked like a very interesting exchange. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Yup, I had a blast watching him last night.  What a great signing.

Not only is he a great, Canton type player.

He’s additionally a highly intelligent Team Leader, speaking- like Allen… on behalf of the NFL, as well as the Bills!

I have longed for such players in a Bills’ Uni!

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But, when Von knew it was a run on fourth and 1, he crashed the tackle down into the RB, allowing Tarron to make the tackle.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Simon said:

I think he was also probably a significant factor in the success GB was having on the ground.

I'd guess that he might very well grade out relatively poorly.

Phillips has always hated taking on blocks and he plays high so he has terrible leverage and is easily steered out of the way.    He's all about shooting gaps and chasing and he's excellent when he can just do that.  I thought Jones really got pushed around last night too,   surprisingly.      Run defense is all about want-to and technique and though they were determined to stay in nickel it's fair to say there were still a lot of business decisions going on out there.    Milano might have been the only obvious exception.   They were clearly expecting a night off in run defense.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.