The Jets Are Going to Copy the Packers' Game Plan, Right?

st pete gogolak

14 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Is anyone really going to be shocked if the Chiefs come into Orchard Park and run the ball down the Bills throat in the AFC Championship game?  When the big $ is on the line in the playoffs the Andy Reid vs Sean McDermott matchup is not one in the Bills favor. 

They couldn’t run 3 weeks ago, why do you think that will magically change except that you are just trolling like a 🤡

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

The Chiefs own the Bills in the playoffs, until they don't.  That is the reality of the situation. 

Over 700 posts in 2 months, all of which suck. That is an impressive level of consistency which I can only hope our run D achieves the rest of the season.

As for the second half run D, all the defensive lineman were rushing the passer and getting out of their run fits. They were expecting at some point for Rogers to start passing and it never happened. Von even asked him on the field “When are you guys going to throw?”

This D can stop the run using the nickel, they’ve been the #1 run D so far. Until another team runs the ball down our throats when we are actually trying to stop it (like last year) I’m not at all concerned about that second half.

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

3rd in the league over the last 3 games. 1.6 ppg from 1st in the league.  You act as if other teams score 30-40 every game.  They dont.  Stop cherry picking.

Also were usually putting in Case Keenum by then and not trying to run it up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Let them!

the bills stayed in nickel. They didn’t suddenly forget how to stop the run (which they’ve done well all season). They let the packers run the ball and kill clock for them.

We dared them to do that and they took the bait. If the offense had lived up to their end of the bargain and scored a TD when they had first and goal in the 4th quarter, it would have been the blowout that we expected.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, has this become the defacto Bills @ Jets weekly thread?😳 

I have some things I’d like to share specific to the game, but would prefer to not have it wash away with a hundred other threads..🤷‍♂️

I'd assume this is the official thread ...

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Game plan of going down huge in the first half and then conceding the game by running the ball the entire second half?

I hope so. 

I think the game was a tale of 2 halves. The Bills not stopping the run in the 2nd half isn't as much concerning to me. Tha score dictated the Bills sort of speak letting them run. 

However, the 1st half is a bit of another story. The Packers gashed the Bills run D early and often. I don't see the Bills strategy as justifying the result. The Bills knew the Packers couldn't pass the ball well. Conversely they knew should have kniwn the Pack was going to pound the rock. It was a resounding theme throughout the week. Simply put the Bills run D was porous. We haven't seen this all year. It doesn't sound the alarm bells since its one game vs a very good run team. However, it does offer a bit of concern going forward.  Can we dismiss it as a one off or no big deal? Time will tell. 

17 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

The Chiefs own the Bills in the playoffs, until they don't.  That is the reality of the situation. 

The Bills have won 2 of the last 3 games, all played at Kansas City, with the only loss being the 13 second game which the Bills lost in OT. Odd that you consider that "owned".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.