The Jets Are Going to Copy the Packers' Game Plan, Right?

st pete gogolak

5 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

I agree this is what teams will attempt going forward. The bigger problem for our opponents, however, will be stopping our offense. Once you’re down two or more scores running the ball will not get you back in the game. As long as our offense cleans up a few miscues and turnovers, we will continue to roll.

The Bills Offense is a little overrated.  The Bills have only scored 27, 24, 23, and 19 points in 4 of last 5 games. Nothing to get excited about.  

Edited by Bills2022
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

The Jets have one of the most dominant D-Tackles in the league in Williams, lining up against Saffold, arguably our weakest link on the O-line.  They also have 3 solid corners in Sauce, Reed and Carter.  Diggs and Davis will have to have solid games against what seems to be a top Jets secondary.  Without Hall, Jets offense is hot garbage, so this could be a low scoring affair.

58 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Except no way Wilson makes the two throws throws that Aaron Rodgers made to score their only TD's. 

This.  I was sitting in the stadium last night, and on the TDs (and on a few other throws) all I could do was think, "Well, that's Aaron Rodgers" and appreciate the beauty of it.  The good news is that there are very few like Rodgers, and one of them plays for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

The Jets have one of the most dominant D-Tackles in the league in Williams, lining up against Saffold, arguably our weakest link on the O-line.  They also have 3 solid corners in Sauce, Reed and Carter.  Diggs and Davis will have to have solid games against what seems to be a top Jets secondary.  Without Hall, Jets offense is hot garbage, so this could be a low scoring affair.

Agreed. The Jets won't score, but our offense has pretty mediocre the past 5 games, with the exception of the Steelers Game.  They are just not scoring points.

• Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2

Only one of Josh's INT's cost us points, the throwaway that didn't get thrown far enough away at the GB 3.  That cost us at least 3 if not 7.

The other one was a back and forth in our own end when Milano picked off Rodgers after GB picked off Josh.

9 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Agreed. The Jets won't score, but our offense has pretty mediocre the past 5 games, with the exception of the Steelers Game.  They are just not scoring points.

Not scoring points = 23.25 points per game average in those four games.

So, almost 3 TDs and a FG a game.

tenor.gif

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Packer's game plan was to concede defeat, be very happy that Josh threw 2 uncharacteristic picks, and to run the ball late in the game to make a humiliating loss less humiliating. 

Running from the get-go, even in a 0-0 game is not a game plan against the Bills. Unless you have an all-world offense, you have to hope and pray for some bad turnovers from the Bills and a pile of luck just to keep the Bills from crushing you.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

I haven't watched the Jets much this year but I did watch yesterday's game against the Pats.  No way do they put the game in Wilson's hands.  I think he will be on a very tight leash.  I know that Hall and their best O Lineman are out but I can certainly see them running all sorts of heavy, two tight end sets, try to grind the clock, rely on their defense to keep it close, etc.  My question is whether we stay 4-2-5 if they go heavy.  After our game yesterday, I assume the answer is yes.  Not sure it's a great answer.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried copying the game plan but I would be surprised if they had the same amount of success as GB.  

As people have pointed out, part of the Bills reasoning for staying in Nickel was the threat of Rodgers.  You don’t really have that with Zack Wilson. 

Also even with the addition of James Robinson, the Jets run game was nowhere near as effective missing Hall and Vera-Tucker 

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

I haven't watched the Jets much this year but I did watch yesterday's game against the Pats.  No way do they put the game in Wilson's hands.  I think he will be on a very tight leash.  I know that Hall and their best O Lineman are out but I can certainly see them running all sorts of heavy, two tight end sets, try to grind the clock, rely on their defense to keep it close, etc.  My question is whether we stay 4-2-5 if they go heavy.  After our game yesterday, I assume the answer is yes.  Not sure it's a great answer.  

Cool and they will also Lose....  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Not scoring points = 23.25 points per game average in those four games.

So, almost 3 TDs and a FG a game.

tenor.gif

That is not a lot of points for this offense and none of those 4 teams are even in the top 15 scoring defenses in the NFL.  Packers #16. Ravens #20. Dolphins#22. Chiefs #23. That is where they rank in scoring defenses

• Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

The Bills Offense is a little overrated.  The Bills have only scored 27, 24, 23, and 19 points in 4 of last 5 games. Nothing to get excited about.  

Had a fumble inside the 5 yard line at KC, a pick inside the 5 last night, a lost fumble against Baltimore and against Miami.  That’s why I said we clean those up and our offense rolls.

2 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

That is not a lot of points for this offense and none of those 4 teams are even in the top 15 scoring defenses in the NFL.  Packers #16. Ravens #20. Dolphins#22. Chiefs #23. That is where they rank in scoring defenses

tenor.gif

And we all know what's up with opinions

• Like (+1) 1

oOOO I am also sick of hearing about these CBs in NJ.  

Baltimore (Lamar) they gave up 213 and 3TDs 1 pick

Cleveland (Brissett) 229 and 1TD 1 pick

Cincy (Burrow) 275 and 3TDs

Steelers (Pickett) 120 and 3 Picks

Mia (Skyler Thompson 3rd QB with Zero practice as Bridgewater knocked out on first play) 166 and a Pick

GB (Rodgers) 246 and 1 TD

Denver (Rypien) 225 and 1 Pick

NE (Jones) 194 1 TD and 1 Pick

So those "Elite" CBs have given up 9 TDs and got 8 INTs against NOT a murderers row of QBs.  Burrow easily the best one with Lamar there too and both got 3 TDs.  

I didn't suggest that this would be a WINNING strategy.  It's almost the ONLY strategy the Jets can employ to stay in the game.  My real question is whether we put a third LB on the field from the get-go to counter any heavy O the Jets put on the field. From experience, it just doesn't seem like the Bills like to do that, especially if it takes Taron Johnson off the field.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.