The Jets Are Going to Copy the Packers' Game Plan, Right?

st pete gogolak

I haven't watched the Jets much this year but I did watch yesterday's game against the Pats.  No way do they put the game in Wilson's hands.  I think he will be on a very tight leash.  I know that Hall and their best O Lineman are out but I can certainly see them running all sorts of heavy, two tight end sets, try to grind the clock, rely on their defense to keep it close, etc.  My question is whether we stay 4-2-5 if they go heavy.  After our game yesterday, I assume the answer is yes.  Not sure it's a great answer.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

I haven't watched the Jets much this year but I did watch yesterday's game against the Pats.  No way do they put the game in Wilson's hands.  I think he will be on a very tight leash.  I know that Hall and their best O Lineman are out but I can certainly see them running all sorts of heavy, two tight end sets, try to grind the clock, rely on their defense to keep it close, etc.  My question is whether we stay 4-2-5 if they go heavy.  After our game yesterday, I assume the answer is yes.  Not sure it's a great answer.  

Its a copycat league al about recency bias so off course they'll try the same exact gameplan until it likely backfires.

• Agree 1

Yeah, but they don't have the QB to fill in the spots.  Key stops last night didn't allow it to be a close game.  It wasn't a great game in terms of Bills' execution as a whole (where they would've blown GB out of the water), but unless the Bills really crap the bed and/or the Jets can find suitable QB play, if it's another game like last night's?  I'll take it.  Keep rolling.

Michael Carter is good, but he isn't as dangerous as Hall. The Bills had to respect the Packers passing game because of Rodgers. Even though GB has "meh" receivers right now. That won't be an issue with the Jets. They have good receivers, but MILF man can't get them the ball.

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I didn't realize the Jets also have Aaron Jones.

I knew Jones was a good back, but man, last night he played like his hair was on fire. Best performance I’ve seen by an opposing back in forever.

• Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

Except no way Wilson makes the two throws throws that Aaron Rodgers made to score their only TD's. 

So maybe they score 6-9 points playing like GB did? 

If they hold the Bills to 3 points total I think they have a great shot of winning. 

• Like (+1) 1

Let them run, let sauce lock down his portion of the field (although I’m sure Allen is going to test him) It really shouldn’t make a big difference. It’s not a blueprint to beat Buffalo. 
Not only do they not have Aaron Jones and breece, little hero not talked about is they don’t have Mercedes Lewis who is the best blocking tight end in the league and didn’t get much love last night which was surprising. 

• Like (+1) 2

Not worried about the Jets copying it, but am worried about the Vikings, Ravens, and even the Chiefs running the ball down our throats.  It makes sense. You wear down our defense and you keep our offense off the field.  That is how you beat a team like the Bills. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.