If Beane doesn't do anything before the trade deadline it's an epic fail

Adamb412

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I’d be totally fine with hunt - especially liking that he gets to ease into the rotation. Good out of the shotgun, and good in the passing game. Can be 3rd on the depth chart for a couple weeks and see where it takes us long term. Singletary rolls an ankle in a month and we aren’t debating moss vs rushing him back at 75%.

even as a 3 month rental- if we let him walk we get a comp pick a year later. Literally worst case is he’s underutilized and costs us trading a 2023 4th for a 2024 4th to have the insurance. 

Yeah I like this.  DS goes down and our running game is done as the roster is now.  Besides, isn't DS an unrestricted free agent after this year?

40 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Just because the Bills arent using Cook much does not mean he is not ready.  Cook has produced on just about every opportunity he has had outside of the fumble on his first carry.

Go watch his tape in college,  was more a pass catcher or runs to the outside.  Very little running between tackles

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

You're assuming that a RB and/or safety better than we currently have are available at a reasonable price.   There may not be.  :doh:

Yes Gibson/Hunt and Jacobs all available for a 3rd or 4th and all 3 are upgrades with more speed 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Obviously, a preposterous thread.

Beane is a wizard.  He has been very calculating with player acquisition, and always had an eye toward succeeding today, but also building a model of sustainable success.

I expect nothing at this trade deadline. We already have the best team in the NFL.  I want to have that not just this year and next year - but also 5 and 10 years down the line. I want to maximize every single one of Josh Allen's years as a Bill. Because we will never have a QB like this again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

If Poyer is going to be out for an extended period of time. They gotta make a move for proven guy at safety.

Our secondary is arguably the deepest in the NFL when Tre comes back.

We have guys on the roster right now who can fill in if needed.

10 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Go watch his tape in college,  was more a pass catcher or runs to the outside.  Very little running between tackles

Yes Gibson/Hunt and Jacobs all available for a 3rd or 4th and all 3 are upgrades with more speed 

So what?  These tackles suck and rarely open holes.  It doesnt matter what back you put back there.  If the line doesnt open the hole the back isnt getting very far.  Our running backs are fine.  They had a good game just yesterday.  Singletary always has a decent game.  We just dont run the ball much.  

I love how you know who is available and for what.  Dont believe everything you see on the internet.  One guy says something from unnamed sources and then the rest of the vultures just repost it.  It doesnt mean its true.  It may be true but take that crap with a grain of salt.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This thread......

Some of you need to spend some time watching other teams play or even going to other team's forums to get some perspective.  

Even when we are "off" we are still better than most teams in this league.  When we are "on" we are untouchable.  That is due to a combination of the talent that Beane has acquired and the coaching staff's ability to coach it.  There are only a handful of franchises in this league that don't look at what we currently have with envy.  Yet every week there are a few, and I do believe it to be the minority, of us that want to fire everyone.

I trust that Beane is doing everything he can to smartly set us up for success.  Not only this year, but the next, and the next....     He is one of the good ones.

Go Bills.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.