If Beane doesn't do anything before the trade deadline it's an epic fail

Adamb412

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

People keep saying that but it makes no sense. You bulid through the draft but people overrate picks sometimes. Fact is Chubb is a really good, young proven nfl player. What guarantee do they have to get a player better than him in the draft? Tua is still really cheap. 

It’s ok to give credit to Miami for making moves while still thinking the bills are better than them. Our division, which was the worst in the nfl, has improved tremendously this year. Luckily, most of the qbs suck.

Chubb takes multiple times as much cap room as a rookie pick would…that’s the flaw in your logic.  Picks are much more valuable than plugging in a sizable veteran contract. 

I would have no problem giving Miami credit should they deserve it…this has nothing to do with being jealous of a division rival or anything like that.  

with buffalo and kc and baltimore in their conference though, I’m willing to bet they’re more than a Bradley Chubb away.   There’s a small chance they prove me wrong and find their way into the Super Bowl but I very much doubt it

they haven’t traded picks to the extent that LAR has but that is what happens to your franchise when you can’t turn your roster over with young talent on rookie deals

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

30 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is for all of the Nancy's who want to whine, piss, moan, and grumble the afternoon, evening, night, week, month, or their entire existence away because of the trades, or lack there of, at the trade deadline.

"The 49ers got CMC, the Chiefs got Toney, the Ravens got Roquan, the Bears got Claypool, the Vikings got Hockenson, the Dolphins got Chubb, the Dolphins got Wilson, and the Bills HAVE DONE NOTHING!!!"

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bkbxugfsmjm93hn8oeiq

tonight-doom.gif

It's only 3:30 EST when you posted.  Isn't this a premature *****?

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

People with a refined palette who eventually graduate from the $9.99 30-rack of Stoney’s? 

There are a tremendous amounts of beers that deserve large amounts of praise over piss water beer you are referencing.

my quote, they are lyrics that tell a story, it has little to do with actual wine comparisons. The sweeter in this reference means better and nicer then what you already have.

I agree there are some terrible beers and terrible wines etc... I don't know much about wines because who the ***** drinks wine, but thats me. 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Chubb takes multiple times as much cap room as a rookie pick would…that’s the flaw in your logic.  Picks are much more valuable than plugging in a sizable veteran contract. 

I would have no problem giving Miami credit should they deserve it…this has nothing to do with being jealous of a division rival or anything like that.  

with buffalo and kc and baltimore in their conference though, I’m willing to bet they’re more than a Bradley Chubb away.   There’s a small chance they prove me wrong and find their way into the Super Bowl but I very much doubt it

they haven’t traded picks to the extent that LAR has but that is what happens to your franchise when you can’t turn your roster over with young talent on rookie deals

You’re leaving out two aspects. Chubb is a known entity. He’s not a bust and he’s on the team this year. No waiting to develop or play next year or 2-3 years down the line. 

Just now, ddaryl said:

There are a tremendous amounts of beers that deserve large amounts of praise over piss water beer you are referencing.

my quote, they are lyrics that tell a story, it has little to do with actual wine comparisons. The sweeter in this reference means better and nicer then what you already have.

I agree there are some terrible beers and terrible wines etc... I don't know much about wines because who the ***** drinks wine, but thats me. 

Only about 90% of the population of world drinks wine.  How many bottles of beer go for $100 plus?  

7 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I wouldn’t consider port to be sweet.  I guess there are desert ports.  

Depends upon what type of port - there are dry and semi-dry ports - but overall, yes, port is a sweeter wine.  The whole strategy is to add a grape spirit with concentrated alcohol prior to the completion of fermentation, so that residual sugar remains.

Part of the perception may be that there are a lot of sweeter wines (and other beverages!) on the market now-a-days and people accustomed to drinking very sweet sugary drinks.  Everything is relative I guess.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

There once was a time when Jeff Tuel, Thad Lewis and Kyle Orton started at QB

There once was a time when Sam Aiken was our 4th Wr

There once was a time when Robert Royal was our tight end 

There once was a time when John McCargo was our starting DT

There once was a time when we started LBs like Preston Brown and Jeff Posey 

There once was a time when Coy Wire and Pierson Prioleau were our starting safeties 

We will be just fine for many years 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

You’re leaving out two aspects. Chubb is a known entity. He’s not a bust and he’s on the team this year. No waiting to develop or play next year or 2-3 years down the line. 

I’m not leaving that out.  He’s a known entity that hasn’t really had a great year since his rookie year and he comes with some injury risk.  They’re shelling out capital to be the 4th or 5th best team in the afc imo but we’ll see how it shakes out

helps then short term sure, but does it help them enough.  Long term I think they’ve been on the wrong end of quite a few trades but we’ll see…I certainly can’t see the future lol

People seem to forget that we were, and still are, Super Bowl favorites.  Josh was, and still is, the favorite for MVP.  We still are going to get Tre back.

Beane wants to win ALL the Super Bowls.  He's not going to nuke our future, trading away all our draft picks like the Rams, or leave us in cap hell for a decade shoving money down the line just to claw the "win now" window open another fraction of an inch.  Demanding all these moves from Beane literally goes against what he came here to do in the first place.  We got rid of the bad contracts and dead cap, we're drafting well, we have potentially the best roster in the league, and people want to throw that away for years to come because they want to scrape diminishing returns on an already elite and dominant team?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

Only about 90% of the population of world drinks wine.  How many bottles of beer go for $100 plus?  

https://www.liquor.com/articles/most-expensive-beers/

honestly I prefer the sticky icky

https://www.justluxe.com/community/how-much-does-the-most-expensive-weed-in-the-world-cost_a_1973938.php#:~:text=Oracle is a mysterious strain,price of %24800 an ounce.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

People seem to forget that we were, and still are, Super Bowl favorites.  Josh was, and still is, the favorite for MVP.  We still are going to get Tre back.

Beane wants to win ALL the Super Bowls.  He's not going to nuke our future, trading away all our draft picks like the Rams, or leave us in cap hell for a decade shoving money down the line just to claw the "win now" window open another fraction of an inch.  Demanding all these moves from Beane literally goes against what he came here to do in the first place.  We got rid of the bad contracts and dead cap, we're drafting well, we have potentially the best roster in the league, and people want to throw that away for years to come because they want to scrape diminishing returns on an already elite and dominant team?

giving up a second or third round draft pick is not "nuking our future" you want to win it all the first time then worry about multiple wins.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.