If Beane doesn't do anything before the trade deadline it's an epic fail

Adamb412

I assume the original post was sarcasm.  I'd like to see the Bills make a move to pick up some OL help or a safety, but I'm fine with things if they don't.  There are not too many players out there better than what the Bills have on their roster already that are 1) available for trade; 2) worth giving up the assets for; and 3) worth giving up the cap space for.  I don't see them dumping a player they drafted and developed to free up a spot for a guy who is expensive, doesn't know the playbook, might disrupt the chemistry of the team, etc.  I'm sure Beane is working the phones and will make a deal if the right one comes along.

Edited by msw2112

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

This is the part I don't get. How could you have watched Beane since he has been here and even remotely believe he isn't always trying to improve this roster? Not making a trade is not the same as not trying. 

Yeah, I guess that was phrased wrong. That they didn’t get the trade done. They have their price and didn’t want to go past it. 

4 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

I lived through losing 4 straight.

I don't want to make it a 5th this season.

It's Lombardi Trophy this year or bust.

So if they dont win the SuperBowl this year then what?  You just going to find a new team to root for?  Its not easy to get there.  It takes a little luck and playing the right team at the right time.  Comments like yours are ridiculous.  If they dont get there and win I bet I still see you here next season.

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Who likes sweet wine besides 16 year olds who drink boons farm?  Amateurs!! 

If we are going that route, who the ***** likes wine in general.

"Did you say your name was Ramblin' Rose?
Ramble on baby, settle down easy
Ramble on Rose"

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Dolphins just sunk their team in the long run for a win now type trade when they have almost no chance of winning now.  They’ve also hitched their wagon to tua long term who isn’t much more than a one read qb.  

People keep saying that but it makes no sense. You bulid through the draft but people overrate picks sometimes. Fact is Chubb is a really good, young proven nfl player. What guarantee do they have to get a player better than him in the draft? Tua is still really cheap. 

It’s ok to give credit to Miami for making moves while still thinking the bills are better than them. Our division, which was the worst in the nfl, has improved tremendously this year. Luckily, most of the qbs suck.

21 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is for all of the Nancy's who want to whine, piss, moan, and grumble the afternoon, evening, night, week, month, or their entire existence away because of the trades, or lack there of, at the trade deadline.

"The 49ers got CMC, the Chiefs got Toney, the Ravens got Roquan, the Bears got Claypool, the Vikings got Hockenson, the Dolphins got Chubb, the Dolphins got Wilson, and the Bills HAVE DONE NOTHING!!!"

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bkbxugfsmjm93hn8oeiq

tonight-doom.gif

Beane Not Making Trades

Angering Many Fans Now

Don't Stroke Out Young Man

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

People keep saying that but it makes no sense. You bulid through the draft but people overrate picks sometimes. Fact is Chubb is a really good, young proven nfl player. What guarantee do they have to get a player better than him in the draft? Tua is still really cheap. 

It’s ok to give credit to Miami for making moves while still thinking the bills are better than them. Our division, which was the worst in the nfl, has improved tremendously this year. Luckily, most of the qbs suck.

You are forgetting the rookie contract aspect. That is a large part of keeping a roster together once you have a QB. The Dolphins pay Tua in 2024 with the Option and move into his top $ contract. Now they have to pay Chubb, and Tua.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I guess that was phrased wrong. That they didn’t get the trade done. They have their price and didn’t want to go past it. 

Yeah, I figured you din't mean it that way. One of the things I respect most about Beane is that he has been very clear, from the very beginning, that any decisions they make will be about what is best for this team in the present and the future. His decisions may not always work out; however, he truly tries to approach every decision from that perspective. I have no doubt he has explored every trade scenario that he thought might make this team better. If he doesn't make any trades by the deadline it will be because there weren't any that he thought would be worth pulling the trigger.

He's built a team that is the favorite to win the SB this year. He's earned my benefit of the doubt.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.