If Beane doesn't do anything before the trade deadline it's an epic fail

Adamb412

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He definitely will face severe consequences. Maybe not this offseason but in a year or 2 the praise will turn to boos if the Bills don’t go past the AFC Championship game. 

When expectations are Super Bowl you have to actually reach the Super Bowl at some point. If we had Von Miller last year I feel confident we’d beat KC last year. Beane could’ve had Von Miller last trade deadline.

So you blame Bill Polian for the Bills going to 4 straight SBs, but unfortunately losing?

Interesting take you have there.

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

It's not even half the board. It's a small contingent. They just happen to flood the board with posts every time things don't go exactly how they want them to. It usually is some variation of:

"I'm not happy about _______ , I need to let everyone know I'm not happy about _______, somebody needs to do exactly what I want them to do so that I can stop being unhappy about _______ , and if they don't, then they need to pay dearly for not doing what I want and for me still being unhappy about ________ ."

You're right, probably not half. Yeah, the "concerned" posts get me. It's like, just enjoy the ride. It's as if some think that if the defense isn't shutting out teams every week then there are issues. And if the offense isn't replicating their success from the Wild Card game vs the Pats then there are "causes for concern" and yadda yadda yah. 

Other teams are gonna score points and hit on some plays. Either way they still gotta try and stop Josh Allen and this offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

The goal this year is to win the SB.  Getting there means nothing.  Been there, done that.

It's odd for me to say this but getting to the SUper Bowl with the 2 weeks of hype leading up to it would be pretty darn fun. If they win, fantastic, but I would not be devastated if they got there and lost. I would be much more devastated if they lost to the Chiefs at home in the AFC Championship.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

You're right, probably not half. Yeah, the "concerned" posts get me. It's like, just enjoy the ride. It's as if some think that if the defense isn't shutting out teams every week then there are issues. And if the offense isn't replicating their success from the Wild Card game vs the Pats then there are "causes for concern" and yadda yadda yah. 

Other teams are gonna score points and hit on some plays. Either way they still gotta try and stop Josh Allen and this offense. 

Agreed, other teams are going to get theirs. It’s why I was disappointed with Josh and the offense. The D is great but Josh is the meal ticket and the ultimate factor in whether this team wins Super Bowls or not. Not concerned about the next game though : each one is it’s own entity. The concerned posts are reflective of Bills fans serious fear of failure and FOMO/ PTSD. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

It's odd for me to say this but getting to the SUper Bowl with the 2 weeks of hype leading up to it would be pretty darn fun. If they win, fantastic, but I would not be devastated if they got there and lost. I would be much more devastated if they lost to the Chiefs at home in the AFC Championship.

I lived through losing 4 straight.

I don't want to make it a 5th this season.

It's Lombardi Trophy this year or bust.

9 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I lived through losing 4 straight.

I don't want to make it a 5th this season.

It's Lombardi Trophy this year or bust.

As did I but with kids who are 16 and 15, it is more important to me to see how happy they would be by making the Super Bowl than for me to win one this year.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

As did I but with kids who are 16 and 15, it is more important to me to see how happy they would be by making the Super Bowl than for me to win one this year.

IMO, the feeling of losing a SB far outweighs the brief happiness of getting there.

Edited by Billz4ever

3 minutes ago, without a drought said:

It's getting late, looks like Beane will have to send Moss and a 5th for a backup holder, just to appease the fanbase.

I think Beane should send Moss and a 5th to Arizona for Cody Ford.

Just for the reaction on this board.

Talk about epic...

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.