If Beane doesn't do anything before the trade deadline it's an epic fail

Adamb412

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, we're not a perfect roster.

Of course, there's never, in the history of football and in fact in the history of all team sports ever been a perfect roster. Nor will there be.

Arguing that because the roster's not perfect we should make a move is like arguing that because it's a day ending in the letter "Y" we should make a move.

We're an incredible roster. Best in the league. We don't have any needs or holes. Plenty of areas where we could make small improvements, but no real needs or holes. Anyone we pick up at this time would be a luxury. I could see a smaller move, definitely, but it's very far from a necessity.

No moves when our safeties are hurting is a bad look for Beane. I was high on Johnson in the preseason but whenever he plays big plays happen.

Beane needs to add a safety or face the consequences if safety is a problem later in the season. It’s his risk to take. It’s a dumb risk. Adding safety depth won’t cost much.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No moves when our safeties are hurting is a bad look for Beane. I was high on Johnson in the preseason but whenever he plays big plays happen.

Beane needs to add a safety or face the consequences if safety is a problem later in the season. It’s his risk to take. It’s a dumb risk. Adding safety depth won’t cost much.

You should be a GM.  Sounds like you have it all figured out.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I'm sure this is keeping him up at night....

Hasn’t happened yet so how could it? 

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

You should be a GM.  Sounds like you have it all figured out.

You guys can laugh all you want but you know Johnson and Hamlin together have been terrible. Poyer and Hamlin is good. 

Safety play is very important to our defense.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You guys can laugh all you want but you know Johnson and Hamlin together have been terrible. Poyer and Hamlin is good. 

Safety play is very important to our defense.

Agree that it is very important.  But the issue is that people seem to think Beane is just sleeping all day.  He and his staff are always evaluating players and looking to improve.  If they don't make any moves today it's not NECESSARILY an error.  It could be that the value isn't there, the guy they want isn't being moved, etc.  This isn't Madden where you can force a trade.  The Bills aren't about to mortgage the future for a Safety.  While Safety is very important to our scheme, the team is bigger than one Safety.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Adamb412 said:

With KC and Baltimore making moves, Beane needs to do something. There's glaring holes at safety depth and OL depth and even WR in some respect. I'm not hard up on RB like the media is, but if he doesn't at least get a safety with poyer being held together by Elmer's glue and gum and I love him but the dude getting hurt every week

There's a glaring hole in your head.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Beane has built this team into a SB contender. I'm sure he has been working every day in an effort to see if there is anyone he can acquire before the trade deadline that would help this team. If it doesn't happen it will be because it isn't the best move for this team (for any number of reasons.

Regardless of what you believe, he won't face severe consequences for not bringing you what you want....

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Beane has built this team into a SB contender. I'm sure he has been working every day in an effort to see if there is anyone he can acquire before the trade deadline that would help this team. If it doesn't happen it will be because it isn't the best move for this team (for any number of reasons.

Regardless of what you believe, he won't face severe consequences for not bringing you what you want....

He definitely will face severe consequences. Maybe not this offseason but in a year or 2 the praise will turn to boos if the Bills don’t go past the AFC Championship game. 

When expectations are Super Bowl you have to actually reach the Super Bowl at some point. If we had Von Miller last year I feel confident we’d beat KC last year. Beane could’ve had Von Miller last trade deadline.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

15 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

A for effort.  Bills still can't run the ball and pick up a 3rd and 1. 

They ran the ball very well against GB and the recipe for 3rd and 1 is exactly what they did.  QB keeper with the WR in motion giving Josh a nice helper push.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He definitely will face severe consequences. Maybe not this offseason but in a year or 2 the praise will turn to boos if the Bills don’t go past the AFC Championship game. 

When expectations are Super Bowl you have to actually reach the Super Bowl at some point. If we had Von Miller last year I feel confident we’d beat KC last year. Beane could’ve had Von Miller last trade deadline.

Right. If this team is in the AFCCG over the next few years and they don't get to the SB, then turn your anger on the guy that built the team to consistently get to AFCCG.

Makes perfect sense...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This thread is pretty ridiculous. Beane has built the best team in football from the ground up. He is most likely the best GM in the game. His track record speaks for himself. He's not afraid to make a move if it's benifical to the team. He has the absolute ability to see short and long term team goals. With that said, I trust Beans's decisions, competence, and knowledge. If there's a move to be made at the right price Beane will pull the trigger. If not he will stay put. Either way the Bills still remain the team to beat! That's a credit to what Beane has built. Now, the Bills have to go and win it all! If they stay relatively heathly I like their chances. KC still looms as the major threat. 

Edited by newcam2012

5 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Man, I can't remember a season with more moronic takes than this one. Team is 6-1 and half this board thinks they're headed straight for disaster with an incompetent front office. Yeah, ok. 

It's not even half the board. It's a small contingent. They just happen to flood the board with posts every time things don't go exactly how they want them to. It usually is some variation of:

"I'm not happy about _______ , I need to let everyone know I'm not happy about _______, somebody needs to do exactly what I want them to do so that I can stop being unhappy about _______ , and if they don't, then they need to pay dearly for not doing what I want and for me still being unhappy about ________ ."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.