If Beane doesn't do anything before the trade deadline it's an epic fail

Adamb412

8 hours ago, Adamb412 said:

With KC and Baltimore making moves, Beane needs to do something. There's glaring holes at safety depth and OL depth and even WR in some respect. I'm not hard up on RB like the media is, but if he doesn't at least get a safety with poyer being held together by Elmer's glue and gum and I love him but the dude getting hurt every week

who is that GIF

• Like (+1) 1

I would say if he doesn't make a trade OR sign OBJ then Beane is not trying hard enough to push us over the top. But I'm like 90% confident we will end up signing OBJ so I'm not going to live and die on the trade deadline tomorrow... But I do agree one more move is needed to stay ahead of the league.

I’m glad Simon gave the 🤡 a deserved November vacation. If even a quarter of the trade rumors have some merit, Beane has been working the phones. He’s always working the phones. With cap limitations, impending team free agents, the current salary structure of a prospect and -of course- a right fit for the team, we’re pretty limited on who we can pursue. Add to this, are no All-Pro Safety’s or WRs being shopped around. Brandon & staff have put number$ value on nearly every player here and around the League and stick to their plan of making the team financially stable. 
Granted, there’s about to be significant bump in cap allotment from the new broadcast contracts, but we’re at the point of continuing success depending on future late round draft classes to contribute. While we fans vary wildly on his Draft prowess, we do conclude he’s doing well with it overall.

In short, I think Beane has already reached out to the few teams/players he’d be willing to negotiate with. We’ll find out later today who blinks.

DON’T BLINK!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Adamb412 said:

If Beane doesn't do anything before the trade deadline it's an epic fail

Still nonsense. 

Anyone judging TBD by whether they make a move within some particular three or four day period just flat out doesn't get it.

We already made our move before the trade deadline. The fact that it was way before the trade deadline means absolutely nothing. Our move before the trade deadline is wearing #40, tearing OLs to shreds and putting QBs on the ground with regularity.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

When singletary got stopped for loss twice in a row

Did Allen throw two incompletions in a row?  Trade for Baker?

I asked when we needed to be able to run.   Was it when we were up 3 scores?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m going to play along here. Last year the Chiefs made a small deal for Melvin Ingram who played a huge role in the playoff game vs the Bills.

We aren’t a perfect team. There are improvements to be made. Safety, OL depth, WR depth can all be improved without giving up a ransom of picks.

There’s also bigger moves to be made, but doing nothing again would be a pretty big statement by Beane. Something we’ll remember if the Bills never get past the AFC championship game.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

You have to look at what the Bills added in the off season.

We don't need trade deadline moves.  Beane was ahead of the curve and stockpiled our depth before the season began.

We’re not a perfect roster, especially after injuries. There are moves to be made. Doesn’t have to be a blockbuster.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’re not a perfect roster, especially after injuries. There are moves to be made. Doesn’t have to be a blockbuster.

Yeah, we're not a perfect roster.

Of course, there's never, in the history of football and in fact in the history of all team sports ever been a perfect roster. Nor will there be.

Arguing that because the roster's not perfect we should make a move is like arguing that because it's a day ending in the letter "Y" we should make a move.

We're an incredible roster. Best in the league. We don't have any needs or holes. Plenty of areas where we could make small improvements, but no real needs or holes. Anyone we pick up at this time would be a luxury. I could see a smaller move, definitely, but it's very far from a necessity.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.