If Beane doesn't do anything before the trade deadline it's an epic fail

Adamb412

The fail occurred last season when he should have traded for Von Miller.  Bills probably win the SuperBowl last season if he did.  Many on here were advocating for it back then.

This year no moves are needed.  He set the roster up well enough in the off-season.  The roster is loaded and they just went 6-1 and should really be 7-0.  They have the best QB in the NFL, a top 3 WR, and a very good defense.  

What impact player are you going to get with $1.6M in in cap space?  

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. An above avg safety to supplement losing Micah and Poyers health. Plus getting OBJ as a bonified #2 with Gabe being inconsistent would do wonders for this team.  Singletary & Cook can hold down the RB room.

I'm sorry who is the bonified #2 WR you are getting in addition to OBJ?  Because it has been a long time since OBJ was a good WR and he is coming off another ACL tear.  OBJ is click bait. He will be lucky to make any roster this season let alone make an impact.  

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

Reread my reply.  You can't just tell a team you want player "x", and on your terms.  Other teams know Buffalo is close and either don't want to trade a critical piece to us, or they want to fleese us.  Also, there are other teams willing to overspend to outbid us.

Every team is trying to improve in order to beat the Bills so few teams are willing to help the Bills with a trade.

1 hour ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I agree. I refuse to believe we can’t at least get depth for the stretch run for a pick (5th-7th) that might not even make the team next year. 

Christian Benford where did we get him again

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

Unless they don't win the Lombardi.  Then he is the failed architect of a team that can't win the big games. 

What makes you so sure that bringing some wood now would ensure that win

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

The Bills should only make a move if it makes sense, BUT we have to admit the gap between the Bills and everyone else no longer exists.  The Bills are no better than the Eagles or Chiefs, and it is fair to say teams like the Ravens and Niners have closed the gap.  Our run defense looks shaky and we are having problems putting multiple good halves together. Both could be a real problem in the playoffs.  

Nothing here that isn't true, more or less, and yet everyone attacks you b/c that's how this place is.

This forum is becoming unreadable.  The Bills have now apparently enjoyed TOO MUCH success for anyone to really want to discuss anything.

Any hint that maybe we aren't, by far, the best team in the league is scoffed at as being a "troll" and related idiotic bull####.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

getting a contributor in the 6th is extremely rare and they have 2 5ths next year. If they can add a for sure NFL player for the stretch run they’d be fools not to 

I like how you refer to him as a contributor

He has literally been a starter at Corner for the team in the best defense in the NFL

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Nothing here that isn't true, more or less, and yet everyone attacks you b/c that's how this place is.

This forum is becoming unreadable.  The Bills have now apparently enjoyed TOO MUCH success for anyone to really want to discuss anything.

Any hint that maybe we aren't, by far, the best team in the league is scoffed at as being a "troll" and related idiotic bull####.

You are commending someone for saying that there is no gap between the bills and the rest of the NFL that lumps you in as being a dip ***** right along with him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I like how you refer to him as a contributor

He has literally been a starter at Corner for the team in the best defense in the NFL

You are commending someone for saying that there is no gap between the bills and the rest of the NFL that lumps you in as being a dip ***** right along with him

Never referred to him as anything 

25 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The fail occurred last season when he should have traded for Von Miller.  Bills probably win the SuperBowl last season if he did.  Many on here were advocating for it back then.

This year no moves are needed.  He set the roster up well enough in the off-season.  The roster is loaded and they just went 6-1 and should really be 7-0.  They have the best QB in the NFL, a top 3 WR, and a very good defense.  

What impact player are you going to get with $1.6M in in cap space?  

I'm sorry who is the bonified #2 WR you are getting in addition to OBJ?  Because it has been a long time since OBJ was a good WR and he is coming off another ACL tear.  OBJ is click bait. He will be lucky to make any roster this season let alone make an impact.  

He hasn’t been elite in a long time.  Obj was a very good wr in the nfccg.  Without him playing in that game, I think the niners would’ve won the NFC.  He was a difference maker.  As he was in the super bowl until he got hurt .

36 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Its actually quite the opposite.  Lets run down the norm after wins around here...

1. Panic if we didn't BOTH dominate passing AND running.  We have weekly we are doomed threads if you we dont sell out our future for a RB.  And I am not even opposed to say trading for someone like Hunt.  But this implication that if we don't we are screwed is a weekly groundhog day repeating theme.  Even in blow out wins.
  2. OVER exaggerate any one thing that didn't go absolutely perfect as if elite teams play perfect on every snap of the ball for every second of 60 minutes. 
  3. Demand we fire McD, Frazier and Beane during the first half when we aren't blowing them out yet.  I have seen in multiple games, all games we won too, THIS YEAR where several people were calling for McD, Frazier and even Beane to be fired in the first half of wins.
  4. Endless threads to complain about players like Devin and Edmunds after they had GOOD games.  
  5. Now you can add Davis to that list as now people think he isn't good enough despite having a record setting YPC season so far and having missed time.  But suddenly he isn't good enough because he isn't second on the team in catches.  

Its honestly exhausting even recapping that, and I can keep going with the over the top panic and nonsense around here.  We are an impossible amount of injuries and extreme heat from being undefeated, we are the consensus SB favorite, we are considered by far the best roster in the NFL, we are considered the best defense and offense when healthy by just about everyone, and we have the consensus MVP right now.  Yet people are on this board talking like we are a fringe playoff team or in some form of desperation.  

And if you don't want to revel in people's extreme hot takes, they just double down.  There are people on this board who seem to think we must have a Madden like roster where you have an NFL best player at every position.  There are people on this board who seem to think we MUST play perfect every play of every game or peoples jobs are on the line.  

Its utterly unbearable around here after a loss, and honestly getting hard to be around here even after wins now.  

EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL HAS PLACES ON THE ROSTER THEY CAN UPGRADE.  Every one of them.  We don't need over exaggerated screams and whining to make big moves every week.  Of course there are places we can upgrade, and Beane has PROVEN countless times he will explore those opportunities for what is good for the Bills.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That time of year again.

Trade deadline threads are pretty normal around here as well as the sky is falling if we don't get player X.

Beane has done a great job finding quality starters and depth players, hard to predict the injury bug when drawing up rosters.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its actually quite the opposite.  Lets run down the norm after wins around here...

1. Panic if we didn't BOTH dominate passing AND running.  We weekly we are doomed threads if you we dont sell out our future for a RB.  And I am not even opposed to say trading for someone like Hunt.  But this implication that if we don't we are screwed is a weekly groundhog day repeating theme.  Even in blow out wins.
  2. OVER exaggerate any one thing that didn't go absolutely perfect as if elite teams play perfect on every snap of the ball for every second of 60 minutes. 
  3. Demand we fire McD during the first half when we aren't blowing them out yet.  I have seen in multiple games, all games we won too, THIS YEAR where several people were calling for McD, Frazier and even Beane to be fired in the shout box.
  4. Endless threads to complain about players like Devin and Edmunds after they had GOOD games.  
  5. Now you can add Davis to that list as now people think he isn't good enough despite having a record setting YPC season so far and having missed time.  But suddenly he isn't good enough because he isn't second on the team in catches.  

Its honestly exhausting even recapping that, and I can keep going with the over the top panic and nonsense around here.  We are an impossible amount of injuries and extreme heat from being undefeated, we are the consensus SB favorite, we are considered by far the best roster in the NFL, we are considered the best defense and offense when healthy by just about everyone.  Yet people are on this board talking like we are a fringe playoff team or in some form of desperation.  

And if you don't want to revel in people's extreme hot takes, they just double down.  There are people on this board who seem to think we must have a Madden like roster where you have an NFL best player at every position.  There are people on this board who seem to think we MUST play perfect every play of every game or peoples jobs are on the line.  

Its UTTERLY UNBEARABLE around here after a loss, and honestly getting hard to be around here even after wins now.  

EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL HAS PLACES ON THE ROSTER THEY CAN UPGRADE.  Every one of them.  We don't need over exaggerated screams and whining to make big moves every week.  Of course there are places we can upgrade, and Beane has PROVEN countless times he will explore those opportunities for what is good for the Bills.  We don't need foolish threads screaming we must make moves or we are doomed.  

Unbearable lol. Who’s overreacting now? 

In the other major sports it’s very common for  all of the contenders to give up picks and prospects at the deadline for rentals to help them. Trading wasn’t very common in the NFL until fairly recently. I think it will be the norm soon if it isn’t already due to the AFC arms race. 

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Unbearable lol. Who’s overreacting now? 

In the other major sports it’s very common for  all of the contenders to give up picks and prospects at the deadline for rentals to help them. Trading wasn’t very common in the NFL until fairly recently. I think it will be the norm soon if it isn’t already due to the AFC arms race. 

LOL...I didnt say its unbearable around here now, I said after a loss, and that its getting bad even after wins now.  Look at how many panic over reaction threads are on the board right now.  Look at the comments in the shoutbox yesterday and today.  And its only Monday.  You would think we lost by 2 scores, not won by 2 scores.

And Nextmanup is the one who used the term "unbearable", so I was countering that point specifically

Edited by Alphadawg7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.