If Beane doesn't do anything before the trade deadline it's an epic fail

Adamb412

3 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Exactly. That’s what I’m talking about. The Bills won’t be able to roster all of these players. Some will get poached. Or maybe a guy from the past draft, like Babylon Spector, will get pushed down to PS and get snagged. Either way it’s smart to add depth in a year we have been unlucky with injuries. 

I don't necessarily disagree with you. But hitting on those 5th and 6th round picks to develop is how you keep depth (and, in some cases, develop future starters or significant contributors) on good teams. Beane and McDermott are about winning now and in the future.

If they do anything in the trade market, it will make sense for this year and beyond.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Well let's see - Brandon Beane is only the architect of what can fairly be called the current best franchise in the NFL, perhaps in American sports when they win the Lombardi.   So whatever trades he decides to make or not make I'm going to be on board.

Unless they don't win the Lombardi.  Then he is the failed architect of a team that can't win the big games. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

This thread sucks....

We know the Bean did reach out to 2 teams and could not get a deal done. We dont know how many others teams he contacted.  Plus, OBJ could be on the horizon.  

The idea if a trade does not happen it is a fail is ridiculous, but I guess if Bean over pays for a player that is not needed it will make some folks happy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Who says it's two picks?  And what picks?  You willing to ship two first-rounders.  Or more?  Wanna pull a Browns-Watson style trade?

I'm not saying they shouldn't look into potential trades, but to say it's an epic fail if they don't throw away their future is a bit much.

Saying make a trade no matter the cost is why recent Bills' GMs until now dug the Bills into that lil drought.

(Edit: PSA is Public Service Announcement, just so you know.)

All it says is if he doesn't do anything it's an epic fail. You can get a runner. Then how they wanna defend Buffalo? It's an epic fail if they don't try to keep it going down to the last possession. You've got the best team. Flex some muscle and protect the leauges mvp. They roll dice everytime he's running over a LB cause they, defenses, have to pick their poison..til he wears out or comes up gimpy

Edited by gridirongold
  • Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Unless they don't win the Lombardi.  Then he is the failed architect of a team that can't win the big games. 

Right. In my opinion we have the single best player in the NFL...if we don't win it again I think that sentiment about Beane starts to turn.

We can't be called the best franchise in the NFL without winning the Superbowl. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you. But hitting on those 5th and 6th round picks to develop is how you keep depth (and, in some cases, develop future starters or significant contributors) on good teams. Beane and McDermott are about winning now and in the future.

If they do anything in the trade market, it will make sense for this year and beyond.

What if we trade for a guy on an expiring deal? For example, Edmunds’ brother, who is having a career year in PIT at S. Then let him walk after the season and recoup the pick we gave up as a comp pick when he signs a deal somewhere else. 

25 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I agree. I refuse to believe we can’t at least get depth for the stretch run for a pick (5th-7th) that might not even make the team next year. 

I refuse to believe that Brandon Beane is doing nothing.  He is involved with what is happening and will make a move if he (not WE)

thinks it's right.  

These players that are getting traded are not fits for this current Bills team.

An aging DL to the Eagles (not needed), an expensive LB to the Ravens (not needed) and an oft injured WR to KC.

The CMC trade to the 49ers would never happen in Buffalo for that cost.

That leaves James Robinson, and no rational person thinks he puts the Bills over the top.

If a guy is available that Beane likes for a reasonable cost, he will pursue him.  We'll find out tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Well, the only players we have been linked to is RBs. So it seems Beane is in direct disagreement with you. Win or lose I'm going with Beane.

Making a move just to make one is silly, not many people giving up good safetys in week 8.

The deals Beane gets done are the ones no one sees coming and certainly no one is talking about prior to it happening. As Ian Rappaport put it, they're always the mystery no one knows the identity of.

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

The Bills should only make a move if it makes sense, BUT we have to admit the gap between the Bills and everyone else no longer exists.  The Bills are no better than the Eagles or Chiefs, and it is fair to say teams like the Ravens and Niners have closed the gap.  Our run defense looks shaky and we are having problems putting multiple good halves together. Both could be a real problem in the playoffs.  

Offense AND Defense gonna be a problem!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.