If Beane doesn't do anything before the trade deadline it's an epic fail

Adamb412

2 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

I think he wants a super bowl

As do we all.  Moves for the sake of moves won't help.

Also, a PSA...trades are not like shopping.  You don't just pick them off the shelf and pay the price tags.  Other teams are not required to trade to Buffalo, on Buffalo's terms.

It's not an epic fail if other teams are asking for a kings ransom for any reliable player in return.

But I do agree this team should be a player in the trade market just not sure RB is the position I'd be looking at and if you believe the rumors about Kamara and McCaffrey previously it seems that's what Beane is interested in.

Just now, The Red King said:

As do we all.  Moves for the sake of moves won't help.

Also, a PSA...trades are not like shopping.  You don't just pick them off the shelf and pay the price tags.  Other teams are not required to trade to Buffalo, on Buffalo's terms.

Well there's a glaring need unless you like your qb doing some tough running.  So far they've been out hustled in drafts and deals . . It's a good and rare position to be in to go for it. 

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

With KC and Baltimore making moves, Beane needs to do something. There's glaring holes at safety depth and OL depth and even WR in some respect. I'm not hard up on RB like the media is, but if he doesn't at least get a safety with poyer being held together by Elmer's glue and gum and I love him but the dude getting hurt every week

Better to go back to one of your other bash Beane accounts.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Football said:

We have a shot at the whole thing this year, I would love a big all in trade!! A sure fire talent for a second and a 5th and moss 😂 doesn’t seem that high of a price to pay for possibly a championship. 

A 2nd and a 5th isn’t bad as long as the team can afford to keep the player for at least 2-3 years.  I don’t know how many sure fire talents we’ll be able to afford long term.  Seems like a year where we trade day 3 picks for depth.  

but I wouldn’t be surprised if he landed big fish as long as he doesn’t overpay,  

16 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

With KC and Baltimore making moves, Beane needs to do something. There's glaring holes at safety depth and OL depth and even WR in some respect. I'm not hard up on RB like the media is, but if he doesn't at least get a safety with poyer being held together by Elmer's glue and gum and I love him but the dude getting hurt every week

do-something-wake-up.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Well there's a glaring need unless you like your qb doing some tough running.  So far they've been out hustled in drafts and deals . . It's a good and rare position to be in to go for it. 

Reread my reply.  You can't just tell a team you want player "x", and on your terms.  Other teams know Buffalo is close and either don't want to trade a critical piece to us, or they want to fleese us.  Also, there are other teams willing to overspend to outbid us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.