Tougher division foes down the stretch BUF or KC

LabattBlue

Before the season started, it appeared that KC would have a tougher road to the AFC West, than BUF and the AFC East.  

Fast forward 8 weeks, and it now appears to be the opposite as the Raiders are a trainwreck, the Chargers injury riddled, and the Broncos have a guy at QB who appears to be a shell of his former self. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bills have a much tougher remaining strength of schedule than KC. Here you go:

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_schedule_strength

All you can do is beat the teams on your schedule. We're on to New Jersey 

Could care less what that list shows. The Bills have an insanely easy schedule the rest of the way. It's skewed because a team that is complete garbage that we play twice is somehow 5-3 (Jets), and two teams that are basically our b**** that we play 3 times have decent records (Dolphins, Pats). 

If the bills stay healthy and don't get in their own way they are going 14-3 at worst. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bills have a much tougher remaining strength of schedule than KC. Here you go:

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_schedule_strength

All you can do is beat the teams on your schedule. We're on to New Jersey 

So this is based on the record of the teams in the league right now which isn't the way to really look at this. You need to project out the true talent of the remaining teams on the schedule and not what they've done in fluky wins or losses. Based ROS projections I have the Bills facing the 18th hardest schedule (.498 average remaining Win%) going forward and the Chiefs the 21st (.491).

Both teams, barring resting starters in week 18 or an injury to either QB, will be pretty heavy favorites in every game the rest of the season.

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Could care less what that list shows. The Bills have an insanely easy schedule the rest of the way. It's skewed because a team that is complete garbage that we play twice is somehow 5-3 (Jets), and two teams that are basically our b**** that we play 3 times have decent records (Dolphins, Pats). 

If the bills stay healthy and don't get in their own way they are going 14-3 at worst. 

That garbage team is simply better than Vegas, Denver or LA Chargers

• Agree 1

I would say Bills for sure considering we still have Jets x 2, Pats x 2 and Miami one more time. Probably not going 5-0 in these games.

The only real challenge the Chiefs might have with their division is the game @ the chargers but still don't see them losing more than a game or 2 max the rest of the way given their overall schedule left which is why it's imperative Bills keep pace and take care of teams they should beat the rest of the way.

The East is tougher than the West this year and I don't think it's particularly close. 

The Bills have shown a greater propensity for mistakes this year than the Chiefs as well. And when you're talking about a weaker team upsetting an elite team, that's what's probably going to cause it: self-inflicted wounds. Bills have to start cleaning up the mistakes. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Process said:

I just posted in another thread, then saw this one and it’s probably more appropriate here.   But I don’t think the Bills’ division wins are all given as easy wins.  They should win, yes. But the Jets and Dolphins are playing pretty solid football.  For me, at least, those 5 games might be the hardest left on our schedule. 

8 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

The Chiefs easily could have (should have?) already lost to both the Chargers and the Raiders at home this season.  I don't think any of their remaining divisional games will be walkovers.  After watching Jets - Pats yesterday, I'd rather play Wilson, Jones and Tua than Herbert, Carr and Wilson.  

Sure sounds logical. But anybody in this forum may be able to coach the raiders to 2 wins. Josh Mcdontmakemeahead coach hasn't. KC holds a coaching mismatch edge every game.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

The Bills need to avoid the midseason malaise they fell into last year around this time. It doesn't matter what the schedule says on paper. Anyone can lose to anyone every single week.

Last night was a huge step in the right direction over last year. The 2021 Bills would have probably lost that game. 

We're getting break with the Jets playing them without Breece Hall and their stud O-lineman.  The Pats can't score all that well, but they are pesky,,,and we have Miami at home.   

KC still has to play on the road at all 3 of their rivals... and you know hosting the Chiefs will be the Chargers, Raiders and Broncos Super Bowl. So those games won't be cakewalks for KC.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.