Bills v Jets - Battle for Division?

ngbills

Ken Dorsey presser

Asked a couple of questions about the Jets D

Very vanilla answers , they've put together a great group, coaches doing a great job, go sideline to sideline, Sauce Gardner has great instincts

Whoever that guy is from Challenger Community News asked why we don't run the football inside the 10 yd line but instead put it in Josh's hands.

Thought it was a bit strange given that 1 of our 2 TDs from the Redzone was essentially a handoff (Jet Sweep) where McKenzie actually did a very nice job freezing the defender with a little shift move long enough to squirt by him.  I grant that McKenzie isn't an RB but it was a run and was scored as a rush TD.

Dorsey called out Diggs for good blocking on that 😄

Edited by Beck Water

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/bills-will-activate-white-evaluating-injuries-to-poyer-milano?utm_campaign=sharebutton&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=WGRAM

Still can't find McD's presser but here's a summation

The Buffalo Bills intend to activate cornerback Tre'Davious White from the Physically Unable to Perform list (PUP) this week, but head coach Sean McDermott said White will be considered day-to-day after he returns to the active 53-man roster and won't speculate on whether or not he will play for the team Sunday at MetLife Stadium against the New York Jets.

McDermott also said that the team is still evaluating the severity of safety Jordan Poyer's elbow injury and that linebacker Matt Milano suffered an oblique injury and is also still being evaluated.

Poyer left the game early in the fourth quarter and didn't return. He said after the game that the injury is to the same elbow that kept him out several weeks during the preseason, but it's not the same injury. He said he "felt a pop" and would have to await MRI results.

Milano finished the game and played every defensive snap in the team's 27-17 win over the Green Bay Packers Sunday night.

David Quessenberry was observed coming out of the x-ray room as Poyer was going in, but he also played 100% of the offensive snaps.  Apparently no one asked about him.

4 hours ago, ngbills said:

Wow. Guess nobody is taking the Jets serious. The Bills are 13 point favorites on the road vs the 5-3, 2nd place Jets who are winners of 4 of last 5. Seems like a really high spread for a game like this. No way I am betting against the Bills though...

4-20 Weed GIF

for thinking that is a possibility 

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Fun thread on Jets forum

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/169433-white-or-wilson-versus-buffalo/

guess they have a short memory on the Mike White game last year.

A poster acknowledges the existence of trap games!  I knew they existed!  Another poster says Bills look like champions against the Packers. 

That board is more positive about the Bills than we are here!

4 hours ago, ngbills said:

I'm just saying 13 points is huge on the road. The Jets beat GB a couple weeks ago in GB by 17 and put up 40 on a good MIA defense. Not worried that the Bills win this game or think the Jets are even close to us. But 13 points...

If you're worried about the spread, don't bet. Or, if you're into gambling, take the Jets. There you go, no worries.

50 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ken Dorsey presser

Asked a couple of questions about the Jets D

Very vanilla answers , they've put together a great group, coaches doing a great job, go sideline to sideline, Sauce Gardner has great instincts

Whoever that guy is from Challenger Community News asked why we don't run the football inside the 10 yd line but instead put it in Josh's hands.

Thought it was a bit strange given that 1 of our 2 TDs from the Redzone was essentially a handoff (Jet Sweep) where McKenzie actually did a very nice job freezing the defender with a little shift move long enough to squirt by him.  I grant that McKenzie isn't an RB but it was a run and was scored as a rush TD.

Dorsey called out Diggs for good blocking on that 😄

That McKenzie run where he stopped in his tracks and then scooted into the end zone looked like a video game. 

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

I would have guess closer to 7-8. 

Another way to ask is what would the spread be at home vs the Jets? 16-20? Rarely do you see that kind of spread. What about vs a team like HOU, DET, CAR in Buffalo - 25? 

I think since the 2nd best team in the AFC was a home dog to this Bills team - I have no issue with spread.  The spread is designed for betting and after getting beat by the Pats and what they showed - I would expect a 10+ point win.

The Jets are right on par with Pittsburgh and that was 2 TDs.

We will see with Detroit on Thanksgiving, but I would assume 17+ with the others.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.