Bills v Jets - Battle for Division?

ngbills

57 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Wow. Guess nobody is taking the Jets serious. The Bills are 13 point favorites on the road vs the 5-3, 2nd place Jets who are winners of 4 of last 5. Seems

like a really high spread for a game like this. No way I am betting against the Bills though...

Jets are frauds and have beat nobody but a bunch of teams with mostly back up QB back up playing when they won.

And considering they play the Bills x2, @ NE and @MIN in 4 of their next 5 their season is pretty much over. Nice story to their start this year but felt all along they are at least a year (and probably a QB) away from being a real contender.

If anything it's still the Dolphins, and possibly the Patriots, who could challenge the Bills for the division if there are any slip ups along the way.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Jets are frauds and have beat nobody but a bunch of teams with mostly back up QB back up playing when they won.

And considering they play the Bills x2, @ NE and @MIN in 4 of their next 5 their season is pretty much over. Nice story to their start this year but felt all along they are at least a year (and probably a QB) away from being a real contender.

If anything it's still the Dolphins, and possibly the Patriots, who could challenge the Bills for the division if there are any slip ups along the way.

They did blowout Miami 40-17 a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

They did blowout Miami 40-17 a few weeks ago.

Yes with their 3rd string rookie QB playing, and despite that the game was still within one score in the 4th quarter before things completely unraveled for the them.

Like I said, Jets hot start this year was a good story but it's as misleading as it gets when you look at the bigger picture and how/who the wins came against.

Zack Wilson is also another bad game away from probably being benched for Mike White, in fact won't be surprised if he's benched during the game against us this week.

IMO, the Jets defense is playing at a legit, playoff caliber level. However, the offense, especially after the loss of Hall and Vera-Tucker, is terrible. Wilson may be the worst starting QB in the league and seems to have regressed from a weak rookie season. Unless Wilson steps up against the Bills, I think he'll be benched for Mike White in an attempt to save the season. 

I believe the Bills offense could have a tough time versus the Jets defense, but it might not matter if the Bills defense creates turnovers and punts, which will allow Buffalo to wear down the Jets defense.  

24-10 Bills

The Jets have made some decent strides.  Winning NFL games is tough no matter the opponent or QB.  The Jets have won 5 of 8, which is far better than they have been able to manage for like a decade.  Their QB seems to be their biggest weakness.  

The Jets arent ready to truly compete with the upper echelon of the league though.  If they get a bunch of bounces and calls, they could stand a chance to win a flukey game against the Bills... but odds are that is not going to happen.   All things equal, especially without Hall, their offense cant even imagine trading punches with the Josh Allen offense.  That's said ignoring that the Bills have one of the best defenses in the league as well.

3 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

IMO, the Jets defense is playing at a legit, playoff caliber level. However, the offense, especially after the loss of Hall and Vera-Tucker, is terrible. Wilson may be the worst starting QB in the league and seems to have regressed from a weak rookie season. Unless Wilson steps up against the Bills, I think he'll be benched for Mike White in an attempt to save the season. 

I believe the Bills offense could have a tough time versus the Jets defense, but it might not matter if the Bills defense creates turnovers and punts, which will allow Buffalo to wear down the Jets defense.  

24-10 Bills

It will be interesting watching "Sauce" attempt to cover Diggs.

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes with their 3rd string rookie QB playing, and despite that the game was still within one score in the 4th quarter before things completely unraveled for the them.

Like I said, Jets hot start this year was a good story but it's as misleading as it gets when you look at the bigger picture and how/who the wins came against.

Zack Wilson is also another bad game away from probably being benched for Mike White, in fact won't be surprised if he's benched during the game against us this week.

I live in NJ and the media and fans are starting to turn on him. I was at the game and Jets fans in my section were calling for Mike White. I also wouldn't be surprised if Zach gets benched vs the Bills. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

They are winning games by hiding Zach Wilson.  You can't take a team seriously when they are doing that.

He also is still making God Awful decisions with the ball.

and without Breece Hall their running game has take a step or two backwards. The Bills just have to take care of the ball and score points when in the redzone and should win. 

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The Jets have a solid defensive line and Sauce seems to be legit.  However, have you seen Wilson throw the ball?

That throw that didn't make it out of bounds and lead to an interception was inexcusable. 

It's between Mills in Houston and Wilson for worst starting NFL QB.  I think Wilson has more natural ability than Mills but might not be able to handle the mental side of the game which is what ultimately separates the pretenders from the real NFL QBs.  The Jets will be back in the QB sweepstakes again next year with a pick around 8-10 and outside the sweet spot for a franchise QB and needing to spend more valuable draft capital to get up into the top of the draft. 

The question now is does Wilson take JD down with him?  The most important thing a GM does is draft and develop a QB and JD has not done a very good job of that.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. I actually like what I’ve seen of him talent-wise. Pretty mobile, very good arm and accuracy, etc. But still very much playing like a rookie. 

Really? I thought he's been mediocre at best. You can't expect a franchise guy to get away with throwing for 120 yards a game. 

We need to have a reckoning that Miami is the second-best team in the AFCE and it isn't particularly close. 

Edited by Roundybout

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

Wow. Guess nobody is taking the Jets serious. The Bills are 13 point favorites on the road vs the 5-3, 2nd place Jets who are winners of 4 of last 5. Seems like a really high spread for a game like this. No way I am betting against the Bills though...

What do you seriously think the spread should be?  

One team is winning on Defense and a run game - now minus their best runner and OL that just let Mac Jones move down the field on them to the tune of 6 scoring drives.

One team has a top ranked offense and defense and has beaten the previous SB winner, and the division leaders of the AFC divisions one the road for 2 of the 3.

🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

What do you seriously think the spread should be?  

One team is winning on Defense and a run game - now minus their best runner and OL that just let Mac Jones move down the field on them to the tune of 6 scoring drives.

One team has a top ranked offense and defense and has beaten the previous SB winner, and the division leaders of the AFC divisions one the road for 2 of the 3.

🤷‍♂️

I would have guess closer to 7-8. 

Another way to ask is what would the spread be at home vs the Jets? 16-20? Rarely do you see that kind of spread. What about vs a team like HOU, DET, CAR in Buffalo - 25? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.