Bills' point differential dominating through first 8 weeks

Inigo Montoya

It's more than just having the best record in the AFC, it's the manner in which the Bills are beating their opponents compared to the rest of the Conference.  If you look at the AFC teams with at least 4 wins it's pretty amazing what the point differentials are for those squads compared to the Bills.  It's even more impressive when you remember that Allen has sat for two 4th quarters so far this season. 

Record      Point Differential

Bills            6-1                +108

Titan s       5-2                   -8

Chiefs        5-2                 +51

Ravens      5-3                 +25

Jets           5-3                 +17

Dolphins   5-3                  -14

Chargers  4-3                  -25

Bengals    4-3                  +41

Patriots    4-4                  +14

And just for comparisons sake, here are the top teams in the NFC and their point differentials.

Eagles     7-0                   +78

Vikings    6-1                   +29

Cowboys 6-2                  +50

Giants     6-2                    +6

49ers      4-4                  +29

The Bills have arguably the best offense AND defense in the NFL this season.  I think this defense is going to get even better when Tre White comes back.  As a Bills fan in his 50's, I think this is the most complete and deep Bills team I've ever seen.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It's more than just having the best record in the AFC, it's the manner in which the Bills are beating their opponents compared to the rest of the Conference.  If you look at the AFC teams with at least 4 wins it's pretty amazing what the point differentials are for those squads compared to the Bills.  It's even more impressive when you remember that Allen has sat for two 4th quarters so far this season. 

And just for comparisons sake, here are the top teams in the NFC and their point differentials.

The Bills have arguably the best offense AND defense in the NFL this season.  I think this defense is going to get even better when Tre White comes back.  As a Bills fan in his 50's, I think this is the most complete and deep Bills team I've ever seen.

This^^^^^^^  *****in' A, Bubba!

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We've been excellent most of the year.  But when we aren't excellent, there's a lot of people on this message board that will let you know over and over and over again.

That is only because those people are excellent, straight A students who are the tops in their field who turn down modeling requests because they are married to a super model (and you can only have one of those per household), and their kids are honor roll students who skipped a grade, but are still bored. 

• Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

That is only because those people are excellent, straight A students who are the tops in their field who turn down modeling requests because they are married to a super model (and you can only have one of those per household), and their kids are honor roll students who skipped a grade, but are still bored. 

I think Scottlaw is almost done inventing the artificial heart made out of pig skin.

This is nothing new. Buffalo has the highest point differential since the start of the 2020 season and it's by a mile over 2nd place Tampa.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

+108 point differential is good, I guess. But how many rushing yards did those teams have against us? That's what really matters.

Also TOP. Learning a whole lot today on the boards.😂

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We've been excellent most of the year.  But when we aren't excellent, there's a lot of people on this message board that will let you know over and over and over again.

It's almost as if the other team is also full of top flight athletes whose job it is to stop our offense or score on our defense!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Did anyone else watch the Jets/Patriots game yesterday (I was bored and it was either that or Dallas/Chicago)?  I swear the announcer at one point said the Jets had the best point differential in the league.

I believe it was the best 1st & 3rd quarters combined and the worst 2 & 4 quarters combined.

• Thank you (+1) 1

For me, point differential is a better indicator of raw quality than record.

And ours has been extremely impressive right from the get-go this year.

We are going to end up playing KC, probably in Buffalo, and will have to find a way to beat those bastards.

Then we are going to have to find a way to beat Philly in the big dance.

Our season likely will rest on those 2 games.  Gotta be at our best on those 2 nights.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

+108 point differential is good, I guess. But how many rushing yards did those teams have against us? That's what really matters.

Don’t forget about the Comp Picks. None of this is sustainable without the comp picks, and we suck at that! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

Don’t forget about the Comp Picks. None of this is sustainable without the comp picks, and we suck at that! 

Or that we should've forced GB into a shootout, even if it meant giving up 60 yard plays because we have Josh Allen. One of the strangest & dumbest arguments I've seen on here.😂

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

What i find most impressive about this stat, and the defense in general - the strength of schedule.  Buffalo is near the top in both scoring d, and yardage d.  

Rams looked inept as last years champions.  Titans are a team who gave buffalo fits before, and looked terrible.  Dolphins beat buffalo, but had 200 total yards and 15 1D's.  Ravens couldn't move the ball in the 2nd half.  Mahomes had 20 points and 2 INTs, and then Rodgers.  

Buffalo gets - Jets x2, Cleveland sans Watson, Patriots x2, Lions, Bears from here on out.  Minnesota, Dolphins, Bengals are the toughest 3 games on their schedule.  

7 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

What i find most impressive about this stat, and the defense in general - the strength of schedule.  Buffalo is near the top in both scoring d, and yardage d.  

Rams looked inept as last years champions.  Titans are a team who gave buffalo fits before, and looked terrible.  Dolphins beat buffalo, but had 200 total yards and 15 1D's.  Ravens couldn't move the ball in the 2nd half.  Mahomes had 20 points and 2 INTs, and then Rodgers.  

Buffalo gets - Jets x2, Cleveland sans Watson, Patriots x2, Lions, Bears from here on out.  Minnesota, Dolphins, Bengals are the toughest 3 games on their schedule.  

Definitely a favorable schedule to finish the regular season.  These first 7 games were definitely the toughest stretch of the season and the Bills are sitting with 1 loss at the end of it.  Of the tough games you mentioned I think you can eliminate the Dolphins from the mix.  I think you're going to see a Bills team playing at home with their ears pinned back looking for some payback for the Heat Stroke Bowl in Week 3.  I think the Bills are going to run them for 4 all quarters and establish definitively who the King of the AFCE really is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I know I shouldn’t type this... but I don’t think we can just write off the Jets as 2 easy wins.  They’re a 5 win team; no matter how, they are.  Its kinda crazy but the Jets and Dolphins are going to make us earn the division title I think.  

There’s no doubt we can beat any team.  We should, in fact, beat every team left on our schedule.  But every year, each week there’s a few head scratchers.  I just hope we play our best when we play our division.  If we have an off week or two, hopefully its against the Vikings and Bears. 

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I know I shouldn’t type this... but I don’t think we can just write off the Jets as 2 easy wins.  They’re a 5 win team; no matter how, they are.  Its kinda crazy but the Jets and Dolphins are going to make us earn the division title I think.  

There’s no doubt we can beat any team.  We should, in fact, beat every team left on our schedule.  But every year, each week there’s a few head scratchers.  I just hope we play our best when we play our division.  If we have an off week or two, hopefully its against the Vikings and Bears. 

We just had an “off” week and we beat the Packers by 10.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.