Trade Deadline Transactions and Rumors

wppete

3 minutes ago, Process said:

It's a shame the Broncos won vs the Jags giving them some false hope for this season. Really want us to make a move for Hamler. 

It'd be nice to have a guy really take the top off of a defense.  Gabe Davis certainly does it but I wouldn't complain about more. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Being the RB guru that you are, you should know, just by watching him run this year that Jacobs is a much improved runner..  Physically, he’s on another level compared to his previous 3 season.  I’ve seen several local interviews with him.  When the raiders declined his 5th year option, it clicked with him.  He realized he was going to be another Melvin gordon if he didn’t take his game to another level.  He did hurt that by dedication and hard work in the weight room.  He changed his diet.  He sacrificed.  He didn’t put in the sacrifice during his first 3 years.  

You can think it’s mcdaniels, but you’re wrong.  The biggest difference in his performance has been the hard work he finally put in.  

He’s one of the worst safeties in the nfl and, imo, the exact kind of safety McFrazier wants no part of. 

Abrams is just a heat seeking missile with no regard to his peers or his own safety. 

@NewEra, Jacobs rushed for over 1,000 yds in 2/3 previous years in OAK/LV. 1100 in 13 games as a rookie. I’d say that’s pretty good 

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@NewEra, Jacobs rushed for over 1,000 yds in 2/3 previous years in OAK/LV. 1100 in 13 games as a rookie. I’d say that’s pretty good 

Stop looking at stats.  Watch the film.  I’ve watched almost every raider game since they moved to Vegas.  He’s a much more powerful and explosive back this year compared to the last two.  He was better as a rookie than in year 2 and 3. He’s running with more aggression this year.  The raiders wouldn’t even pick up his 5th year option. He was that good.  

He focused on becoming a star so he could get paid.  He will.  But what does he stay in his focused state long term? 

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I agree, but we are a injury to Singletary away from being in BIG trouble.  (kind of like our current Secondary situation with Poyer out).  

I'm fine with adding to Secondary (biggest need to replace/backup Poyer, IMO), WR, RB, OL (also a big need in general), 

I agree but you can say that about 95% of RB1s that get injured. We're a pass first team, it's not necessary to me but if Poyer is dinged up long term I wouldn't mind grabbing a S.

We get Tre White back next week.  Maybe Benford/Dane/Elam can convert?

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The enigma Davis was on full show last night…. Really don’t understand him. He’ll be dominate one game and a complete liability and dud the next. 

I think it's the cold weather. I was at the game last night, it wasn't freezing but it got chilly. Davis had issues catching the ball last year in a cold windy game against the Jets. If he's wide open he'll catch it, but any hint of contact in the cold and he plays soft. Not a good trait for a Buffalo receiver...

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The only big trouble the Bills will be in is an injury to Allen… I believe it was Collinsworth who said last night “It’s a big relief to the defense when the Bills decide to run the ball”.

Singletary is a good back, but he doesn’t move the needle at all for this team. 

Singletary prevents Ds from totally selling out against the pass.  He was gashing Green Bay in particular last night when they went to a high safety/ pass defense look.  

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I agree but you can say that about 95% of RB1s that get injured. We're a pass first team, it's not necessary to me but if Poyer is dinged up long term I wouldn't mind grabbing a S.

We get Tre White back next week.  Maybe Benford/Dane/Elam can convert?

Agree that RB is not necessary, but would be nice to have.  

I’m happy about Tre coming back, but not sure how he will play this year following injury.  If we don’t get a safety and Poyer is hurt, would like to see if Jackson can man it.  He seems to have the physical skills and ball hawk traits similar to Poyer.  Wouldn’t mind Benford, but I’d go with a vet.  

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I think it's the cold weather. I was at the game last night, it wasn't freezing but it got chilly. Davis had issues catching the ball last year in a cold windy game against the Jets. If he's wide open he'll catch it, but any hint of contact in the cold and he plays soft. Not a good trait for a Buffalo receiver...

It was 30 degrees in Kansas City this January when he went for 200 and 4 TDs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Stop looking at stats.  Watch the film.  I’ve watched almost every raider game since they moved to Vegas.  He’s a much more powerful and explosive back this year compared to the last two.  He was better as a rookie than in year 2 and 3. He’s running with more aggression this year.  The raiders wouldn’t even pick up his 5th year option. He was that good.  

He focused on becoming a star so he could get paid.  He will.  But what does he stay in his focused state long term? 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/potential-targets-bills-nfl-trade-223632430.html

Buffalo could perhaps send a fifth-round pick in next year’s draft, and throw in Moss as a warm body who could play for the Raiders this season and next. Right now, the Bills have a pick in all seven rounds, and they have an extra fifth-rounder from the Cody Ford trade to Arizona late in training camp.

It seems that all we have to do is throw in Moss and a 5th and he could be ours

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Singletary prevents Ds from totally selling out against the pass.  He was gashing Green Bay in particular last night when they went to a high safety/ pass defense look.  

Agree that RB is not necessary, but would be nice to have.  

I’m happy about Tre coming back, but not sure how he will play this year following injury.  If we don’t get a safety and Poyer is hurt, would like to see if Jackson can man it.  He seems to have the physical skills and ball hawk traits similar to Poyer.  Wouldn’t mind Benford, but I’d go with a vet.  

I feel like Tre will look like his usual ALL Pro self.

I mean we had the luxury to bring him back very slowly. 

If I'm not mistaken, he has been fully practicing for 2 weeks , this team just has that luxury to ease their guys into action 

People complaining about Gabe are being a little crazy.  Would you take Tee Higgins, Mike Williams, or Amari Cooper?  Despite his injuries and drop issues, he is essentially projecting to an average of the year they had in  2021.   He is likely to go over 1000 yards and close out with 10 TDs.   Just has to get a handle on catching the ball. 

The Bills dont need to replace Gabe, they desperately need a consistent slot wideout.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/31/2022 at 11:16 AM, Rc2catch said:

Every year there’s tons of hype for the trade deadline and every year barely anything happens. Add in there’s already been a few moves and the odds are even lower imo. Anything can happen but generally there’s a ton of discussion for nothing. 

lol

lmao

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.