Did Milano intercept that ball late in the first half & why wasn't there a booth review?

Billsfan1972

30 minutes ago, Simon said:

Just because it wasn't clear to you, doesn't mean it wasn't clear.

Between Milano's gloves and the paint on the field, a couple of the replay views were indeed unclear.

But when they found the right piece of film, it was quickly apparent the nose of the ball hit the turf.

👏🙌

This.

24 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And they found it in 3 seconds? Come on didn't even look at it and because it was in the last two minutes they just went on to the next play.

Why are you so hung up on this?  As @Simon already said, just because it wasn't clear to you doesn't mean it wasn't clear.  Milano didn't make an issue about it, McD and Bills sideline didn't make an issue about it.  The broadcast booth saw it was incomplete and didn't make an issue about it.  

I mean rather than waste so much time on this one play in a double digit win, why not just go google search for the proper angle or just rewatch the game to see the replay angle that shows it clear as day that most everyone else saw?  So many people have told you there is an angle that clearly shows it, but you keep arguing as if it doesn't exist.

This is a weird thread

10 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I know a challenge flag can't be thrown in the last 2 minutes, but that was an Int from the angles I saw.  

My guess is only on a change of possession is a booth review done, though I thought there was one (and they do) on receptions.

Sounds like you need to see an eye doctor!

Having said that think the rules are kind of dumb.  If it was ruled an int, then there automatically is a review (very likely had been over turned) but since wasn't an int, then no automatic review.  And in last two minutes coach can't throw flag.  It's kind of a Catch-22

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Sounds like you need to see an eye doctor!

Having said that think the rules are kind of dumb.  If it was ruled an int, then there automatically is a review (very likely had been over turned) but since wasn't an int, then no automatic review.  And in last two minutes coach can't throw flag.  It's kind of a Catch-22

though they are reviewing all these in real time and saw there was nothing that needed the 5 minute deep dive. A turnover comes with a built on tv break so the “automatic review” is kind of built in by the flow of the game. If this one had any question they would’ve stopped play.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

though they are reviewing all these in real time and saw there was nothing that needed the 5 minute deep dive. A turnover comes with a built on tv break so the “automatic review” is kind of built in by the flow of the game. If this one had any question they would’ve stopped play.

Agree I was just more stating in general terms the fact that no automatic review on a play like that is a bit frustrating.  But where then would you draw the line.

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree I was just more stating in general terms the fact that no automatic review on a play like that is a bit frustrating.  But where then would you draw the line.

they probably had 5-6 viewings of this and decided they definitively saw the ball hit the ground- correctly. If they don’t see that, they buzz the ref. The line we have there is pretty decent. 

honestly, the guys not on the field likely see a lot more in their viewings than the guy on the field would be able to anyway. 

10 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes, my understanding is if your hands are under and the ground didn't affect possession then the tip can hit the ground, which was the case.

More so the fact there wasn't a review was perplexing.

That is not how it works - unfortunately your understanding is incorrect.

If you catch the ball and while you have control it hits the ground - it will remain a catch.

If your hands are under part of it, but before you have control it hit the grounds and bounces up - then it is incomplete.

Milano clearly had his hands under most of it, but it clearly hit the ground between his hands. 

I think it was the right call and I would guess the league office took a quick peak and said the call was fine.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.