Did Milano intercept that ball late in the first half & why wasn't there a booth review?

Billsfan1972

24 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'm amazed at the # here claiming it hit the turf.  My understanding is it can hit the turf if you have control of it and Milano did.  

To me at the very worst they should have reviewed it and it was a replay they had to watch closely.  Not way that call is made in 5-10 seconds.

And I say no it does not, Milano's hands are under it. 

Milano never had full control of the ball before the ball hit the ground. He did have his hands underneath the ball in the very end but the tip of the ball still hit the ground. Or do you still think the (tip of the) ball never hit the ground even with these snapshots?

snap4.JPG

snap5.JPG

snap6.JPG

snap7.JPG

snap8.JPG

Edited by syhuang
  • Agree 1

It was more a question as to why there wasn't at least a cursory review.  This was not a obvious call (as opposed to the GB incompletion that was ruled a catch at first) and McD would have thrown a challenge flag and won. 

Had no effect on the game, just found it curious. 

45 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

The ball landed on his hands but kept on going and the tip hit the ground before he squeezed it. I was hopeful for one replay but the others showed it really clearly.

I was amazed the refs made the right call at game speed.

They were going back and forth for awhile. Maybe they had New York in their ear. But usually you see that called an INT and then they review it and overturn it. It is impressive they got it right without going to review. Live speed it looked good.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It was more a question as to why there wasn't at least a cursory review.  This was not a obvious call (as opposed to the GB incompletion that was ruled a catch at first) and McD would have thrown a challenge flag and won. 

I'm sure they had help from HQ and were told the tip hit the ground. No need to stop play and review it when you have clear evidence.

43 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I agree.  I thought for sure that it was really close and maybe bounced off his fingers instead of the turf, but I knew it couldn't have been a clean catch when I saw Milano's reaction.

From Milano’s perspective, he said he thought his hands were under the ball, but New York must have thought otherwise.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'm amazed at the # here claiming it hit the turf.  My understanding is it can hit the turf if you have control of it and Milano did.  

To me at the very worst they should have reviewed it and it was a replay they had to watch closely.  Not way that call is made in 5-10 seconds.

And I say no it does not, Milano's hands are under it. 

It 100% hit the ground, its not even open for debate.  They showed the correct camera angle in a replay in game where it was clear as day.  Nobody on the Bills even protested and nether did Milano.  People on the internet taking a still image at a different moment in time isn't going to change this.  Not sure why people on the internet are trying to manufacturer this into something, there is indisputable evidence of it hitting the ground a split second before Milano got his hands on the ball off the bounce.  

Honestly I dont know what I am more surprised by...there is even a thread about it in the first place after winning by 2 scores...or that its gone on 4 pages.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It 100% hit the ground, its not even open for debate.  They showed the correct camera angle in a replay in game where it was clear as day.  Nobody on the Bills even protested and nether did Milano.  People on the internet taking a still image at a different moment in time isn't going to change this.  Not sure why people on the internet are trying to manufacturer this into something, there is indisputable evidence of it hitting the ground a split second before Milano got his hands on the ball off the bounce.  

Honestly I dont know what I am more surprised by...there is even a thread about it in the first place after winning by 2 scores...or that its gone on 4 pages.

Read the OP.  It was not clear as day, and still is not. But carry on.  It took the refs and upstairs 3 minutes confirm Poyer's interception versus Kansas City and here they didn't even give it a cursory look.  That's all I said.

• Disagree 1

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Read the OP.  It was not clear as day, and still is not. But carry on.  It took the refs and upstairs 3 minutes confirm Poyer's interception versus Kansas City and here they didn't even give it a cursory look.  That's all I said.

But it was clear, doesn't matter what the OP said.  There is indisputable video evidence of it hitting ground.  Not sure why you think otherwise or why you think the refs needed to talk about it "longer", it was clear as day.  If you want to take bad angle views of it where you cant see it as clearly, then I can't help anyone doing that.  Live in the game they showed a clear angle that saw the ball change direction from tip hitting ground before Milanos hands were on ball.  Its 100% indisputable.  

I have no idea why other people are trying to use still images from bad angles to confuse the matter.  Its a waste of time and energy.

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But it was clear, doesn't matter what the OP said.  There is indisputable video evidence of it hitting ground.  Not sure why you think otherwise or why you think the refs needed to talk about it "longer", it was clear as day.  If you want to take bad angle views of it where you cant see it as clearly, then I can't help anyone doing that.  Live in the game they showed a clear angle that saw the ball change direction from tip hitting ground before Milanos hands were on ball.  Its 100% indisputable.  

I have no idea why other people are trying to use still images from bad angles to confuse the matter.  Its a waste of time and energy.

I'm sorry it was not.

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'm sorry it was not.

Just because it wasn't clear to you, doesn't mean it wasn't clear.

Between Milano's gloves and the paint on the field, a couple of the replay views were indeed unclear.

But when they found the right piece of film, it was quickly apparent the nose of the ball hit the turf.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

Just because it wasn't clear to you, doesn't mean it wasn't clear.

Between Milano's gloves and the paint on the field, a couple of the replay views were indeed unclear.

But when they found the right piece of film, it was quickly apparent the nose of the ball hit the turf.

And they found it in 3 seconds? Come on didn't even look at it and because it was in the last two minutes they just went on to the next play.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Replay showed it bounced.  Why stop and do an offical replay it if its not going to be over ruled? 

17 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And they found it in 3 seconds? Come on didn't even look at it and because it was in the last two minutes they just went on to the next play.

Hogwash.

The refs had a conference that was long enough that they didn't even wind the play clock immediately, probably because the back judge had thrown his marker.

They had close to a minute to look at it and in that time they found the replay that showed it hitting the ground.

End of story.

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.