Did Milano intercept that ball late in the first half & why wasn't there a booth review?

Billsfan1972

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is a non topic.  You could 100% see the ball hit the ground first.  It was close, but there is no doubt, it hit the ground.  Which is why no one in the Bills made a stink with the refs.  It was clear as day.  

Agreed with all... it was pretty clear.  In fact has it been ruled an interception, I’m sure it would have been overturned.  The ball quite clearly went through his hands, hit the turf and bounced into his stomach.   That call was definitely not why we lost the game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes, my understanding is if your hands are under and the ground didn't affect possession then the tip can hit the ground, which was the case.

More so the fact there wasn't a review was perplexing.

The player catching the ball must have control before the ball hits the ground. The ball appeared to hit the ground as Milano caught it. So incomplete would be the correct call.

Live I thought it was a pick, but the replay showed the tip of the ball hitting the ground as it hit Milano’s hands. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I agree with you it looked like he had his hands under the ball I have no idea why they didn’t get a booth review 

The ball landed on his hands but kept on going and the tip hit the ground before he squeezed it. I was hopeful for one replay but the others showed it really clearly.

I was amazed the refs made the right call at game speed.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

The ball landed on his hands but kept on going and the tip hit the ground before he squeezed it. I was hopeful for one replay but the others showed it really clearly.

I was amazed the refs made the right call at game speed.

Right, the tip hits and bounces off the ground.

snap1.JPG

snap2.JPG

snap3.JPG

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

I'm amazed at the # here claiming it hit the turf.  My understanding is it can hit the turf if you have control of it and Milano did.  

To me at the very worst they should have reviewed it and it was a replay they had to watch closely.  Not way that call is made in 5-10 seconds.

6 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Right, the tip hits and bounces off the ground.

snap1.JPG

snap2.JPG

snap3.JPG

And I say no it does not, Milano's hands are under it. 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I think Milano knew it hit the ground first. He didn’t react at all like a guy who’d just been robbed. 

I agree.  I thought for sure that it was really close and maybe bounced off his fingers instead of the turf, but I knew it couldn't have been a clean catch when I saw Milano's reaction.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

My understanding is it can hit the turf if you have control of it and Milano did.

If it touches the ground after the player has control, the Bert Emmanuel rule enables it to still be considered a catch if that control is maintained.

I think that ball probably touched the turf before he had control of it, making it automatically incomplete regardless of what control he gathers afterward.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.