NFC better than AFC at the top

bills6969

I think that the 2 best teams reside in the AFC. I think the AFC is deeper which is why your seeing so much parity. The bottom of the NFC is garbage.  The Eagles are legit. I actually think the 2nd best team in the NFC is Dallas. Minnesota is a decent team, San Francisco has been disappointing, same for TB.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Quinn had 18.5 sacks last season. Agree Miller is better and Quinn is having a down year. But if Buffalo traded for him you would be excited he was added to the team. 

49ers are far more than CMC, but I Agree Bills and Chiefs are both better.  

I don’t think I would? 18.5 sacks is a huge number, and he’s a good player, but the news media is acting as if he is all of a sudden the best pass rusher in the league. I’m not big on trades in the NFL. It’s not the same as with the NBA or MLB, where guys can get plugged in and play. Scheme, chemistry, communication, all vary from team to team, and are vital to success. I’m not saying he won’t be successful, I’m just saying that I don’t think it’s as big of a deal as what people here and in the news are making it out to be. 

I’ll continue to say that Philly is not that good, and is no match for the Bills or Chiefs. 

Here's my read of the NFC.

Philly is a tough team, sort of like the 49ers. They are dangerous but ultimately I don't trust Hurts when the game is on the line. 

Giants are winning with smoke, mirrors and good luck, which isn't sustainable but good for them and Daboll. Not a real contender although they might win enough games to make it in to the playoffs. 

Vikings could win 14 games and I'll still not respect them because of Kirk Cousins, who wilts when the lights get bright. 

49ers are a tough team, and if they ever get healthy they are scrappy, win ugly, scrappy type of team that can go deep in the playoffs with everyone saying they have no shot. 49ers always seem to outperform their potential. 

Dallas is the mirror opposite of the 49ers. Big names, all the media love, all the hype, and they will lose 1st round in the playoffs if they make it. Cowboys always seem to fall short of their potential. 

Overall, I think Dallas or SF will be the team to go to (and lose) the NFC Title game to Tampa, who will play in the Super Bowl with a losing regular season record. Why Tampa? Because I absolutely refuse to believe that Tom Brady won't just magically turn it around and start winning until I actually see prolonged evidence. 

It's one thing to beat Brady in September or October. It's way, way harder in a single elimination format where the refs will have itchy fingers for the flags on 3rd down when Brady has the ball and the league wants a "storybook ending." 

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Quinn had 18.5 sacks last season. Agree Miller is better and Quinn is having a down year. But if Buffalo traded for him you would be excited he was added to the team. 

49ers are far more than CMC, but I Agree Bills and Chiefs are both better.  

If you look at his career it seems he has a great year followed by a garbage year in terms of sacks.

4 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Coming into the season everyone was drooling over how good AFC would be at the top, now, almost at the midway point of season, it appears the NFC is better. Philly, Dallas, San Fran, Minny are super bowl caliber teams,  whereas in AFC, it’s looking like just Buff and KC.

Found the box score hero who only looks at win loss records without context.  You're impressed by San Fran and Minn?

55 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Here's my read of the NFC.

Philly is a tough team, sort of like the 49ers. They are dangerous but ultimately I don't trust Hurts when the game is on the line. 

Giants are winning with smoke, mirrors and good luck, which isn't sustainable but good for them and Daboll. Not a real contender although they might win enough games to make it in to the playoffs. 

Vikings could win 14 games and I'll still not respect them because of Kirk Cousins, who wilts when the lights get bright. 

49ers are a tough team, and if they ever get healthy they are scrappy, win ugly, scrappy type of team that can go deep in the playoffs with everyone saying they have no shot. 49ers always seem to outperform their potential. 

Dallas is the mirror opposite of the 49ers. Big names, all the media love, all the hype, and they will lose 1st round in the playoffs if they make it. Cowboys always seem to fall short of their potential. 

Overall, I think Dallas or SF will be the team to go to (and lose) the NFC Title game to Tampa, who will play in the Super Bowl with a losing regular season record. Why Tampa? Because I absolutely refuse to believe that Tom Brady won't just magically turn it around and start winning until I actually see prolonged evidence. 

It's one thing to beat Brady in September or October. It's way, way harder in a single elimination format where the refs will have itchy fingers for the flags on 3rd down when Brady has the ball and the league wants a "storybook ending." 

Giants are 6-2 going into their bye but have two very winnable games after that. Nov 13 Texans at Giants. Nov 20 Lions at Giants. They have a very real shot to be 8-2.

Lets go through playoff teams and rough seeding without looking exactly where they fall.  

Buffalo vs Philadelphia:  Buffalo

KC vs Dallas:  KC

Tennessee vs Minnesota?:  Id give Minnesota the edge

Baltimore vs NY Giants:  Baltimore

Miami vs Seattle:  Miami

Jets vs SF:  SF

Chargers vs Falcons:  Chargers

I give the NFC in 2 match-ups, and Tennessee/Minnesota id say is close to pick-em.  If the Bengals jumped on there with Chase, Id sat theu are superior to the bottom 4 or so NFC teams.

I look at it this way.  If you had this group of teams, who would you rank as the Bills' playoff match-up if you got to choose?

Id do:

Falcons

Seattle

Jets

Giants

SF

Minnesota

Miami

Chargers

Tennessee

Dallas

Baltimore

Philadelphia

KC

That is weighted with NFC teams as being 'easier' match-ups from my perspective other than Philly and Dallas.  

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

OK why because they WON a a game?  Their QB is still TRASH 

That's the thing... It's said every year, then they somehow claw their way into the playoffs but Jimmy G isn't taking them anywhere, we all know that.

A few weeks later they are in the Super Bowl or one easy INT that was dropped away from being in the SB (last year when Stafford handed them the NFC Title Game but they dropped it). 

They're a dangerous team because when it gets ugly they have the toughness to find a way. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 hour ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I don’t think I would? 18.5 sacks is a huge number, and he’s a good player, but the news media is acting as if he is all of a sudden the best pass rusher in the league. I’m not big on trades in the NFL. It’s not the same as with the NBA or MLB, where guys can get plugged in and play. Scheme, chemistry, communication, all vary from team to team, and are vital to success. I’m not saying he won’t be successful, I’m just saying that I don’t think it’s as big of a deal as what people here and in the news are making it out to be. 

I’ll continue to say that Philly is not that good, and is no match for the Bills or Chiefs. 

I will continue with your NBA analogy. NBA is all about matchups. 

Eagles have #1 pass defense in yards and #2 by YPA.  Eagles have a QB with super high completion percentage, a big oline, and are decent at running the ball. 

All those factors could be matchup problems for Bills and KC.  

Like the Bills last year, the Eagles have faced some really bad QBs. So is their defensive ranking real or not????

Buffalo and KC still seem like the better team but I would not discount the Eagles so quickly.

4 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Coming into the season everyone was drooling over how good AFC would be at the top, now, almost at the midway point of season, it appears the NFC is better. Philly, Dallas, San Fran, Minny are super bowl caliber teams,  whereas in AFC, it’s looking like just Buff and KC.

Titans have won 5 straight and their 2 losses have been to a 6-2 and a 6-1 team. At least as impressive as Dallas’s 2 losses to a 7-0 and a 3-5 team. San Fransisco is 4-4 and got blown out by 21 points in week 7, does the at sound like a Super Bowl team? Or any more than the 4-3 bengals who made the Super Bowl are?

the league is crazy, so once that tournament begins, anything can happen...

Look at last year: everyone said the 2 best teams in the NFL were Buffalo and KC in whatever order. Neither even MADE it to the SB. 

KC beats us in the 13 second game, and the next week is up 21-3 at home vs Cincinnati in the AFC Title Game. 

and yet.. it's the BENGALS that represent the AFC. Not only that, they really should have won the Super Bowl, if not for ticky tack calls to help the Rams at the end. Even with that, if Burrow sees Chase open on 4th down the Bengals win it all last season.

Edited by TheFunPolice

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I will continue with your NBA analogy. NBA is all about matchups. 

Eagles have #1 pass defense in yards and #2 by YPA.  Eagles have a QB with super high completion percentage, a big oline, and are decent at running the ball. 

All those factors could be matchup problems for Bills and KC.  

Like the Bills last year, the Eagles have faced some really bad QBs. So is their defensive ranking real or not????

Buffalo and KC still seem like the better team but I would not discount the Eagles so quickly.

At the end of the day they have played against the following QBs

Jared Goff

Kirk Cousins (probably the best of the bunch)

Carson Wentz

Trevor Lawrence

Kyler Murray (No Hopkins)

Cooper Rush

Pickett

and the teams have a 24-30 record.

Yes they are taking care of what they ned to take care off, but make no mistake they are beaing aided by weak QB play from the other side.

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Vikings games are always HUGE for Diggs.  Hope he has a game like Beasley did on Thanksgiving against Dallass Cowpokes. 

You're gonna have to educate me on this one.  You make it seem like he's played against his old team many times.  When has Diggs ever played against the Vikings?

4 hours ago, TH3 said:

Tua gonna be a PROBLEM!

58% of TUA attempts go to either Hill or Waddle

71% of TUA yards goes to either Hill or Waddle

In comparison though I didnt do the numbers from last night

39% of Josh attempts go to either Diggs or Davis

52% of Josh yards go to either Diggs or Davis

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.