NFC better than AFC at the top

bills6969

Coming into the season everyone was drooling over how good AFC would be at the top, now, almost at the midway point of season, it appears the NFC is better. Philly, Dallas, San Fran, Minny are super bowl caliber teams,  whereas in AFC, it’s looking like just Buff and KC.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 9
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Dislike 4

Just because those teams, Dallas, Minnesota, and San Francisco, could make it to the Super Bowl out of the NFC doesn't mean the NFC is better at the top.  All of those teams, plus the Eagles would be underdogs to the Bills or Chiefs.  So, no, the NFC is not better than the AFC at the top, they just have more parity. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Coming into the season everyone was drooling over how good AFC would be at the top, now, almost at the midway point of season, it appears the NFC is better. Philly, Dallas, San Fran, Minny are super bowl caliber teams,  whereas in AFC, it’s looking like just Buff and KC.

Question how do you lump in San Fran and not mentions Miami or Baltimore. Agenda much.   I mean seriously. A 4-4 San Fran team LOL. 

21 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

What are the cross conference results to this point???  I am almost willing to Bet the AFC has the edge. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

Huh? The AFC plays the AFC. The NFC plays the NFC. The AFC has been beating each other up. The one or two good NFC teams have been beating up on the rest of their crappy conference.

This. The Eagles are paper tigers. Since when is Robert Quinn Von Miller? The way that people are talking, you’d think he was. The Niners? Please. Everyone is in love with CMC, and his dazzling triple crown yesterday, but let’s see how his legs hold out for the rest of the season.  None of those teams stand a chance against the Chiefs or Bills.

And it’s not even close. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Dallas and Minny are only Super Bowl contenders because they are in a weak NFC.  If they were in the AFC, they would be be behind the Bills, Chiefs and Ravens.

People are overlooking the Bengals. They lost a head scratcher in the opener to Pittsburgh in overtime (that stuff happens in Week 1) and then to the Cowboys the next week. But after digging themselves into that hole they’ve been on a roll. I’ll be interested to see how they look tonight. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

People are overlooking the Bengals. They lost a head scratcher in the opener to Pittsburgh in overtime (that stuff happens in Week 1) and then to the Cowboys the next week. But after digging themselves into that hole they’ve been on a roll. I’ll be interested to see how they look tonight. 

Without Chase let’s see what Burrow looks like. That is interesting to me as well. 

• Agree 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I expect them to win tonight. Burrow might not be as good as Allen and Mahomes but he is close to them IMHO.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

This. The Eagles are paper tigers. Since when is Robert Quinn Von Miller? The way that people are talking, you’d think he was. The Niners? Please. Everyone is in love with CMC, and his dazzling triple crown yesterday, but let’s see how his legs hold out for the rest of the season.  None of those teams stand a chance against the Chiefs or Bills.

And it’s not even close. 

Quinn had 18.5 sacks last season. Agree Miller is better and Quinn is having a down year. But if Buffalo traded for him you would be excited he was added to the team. 

49ers are far more than CMC, but I Agree Bills and Chiefs are both better.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

They also lost to the Ravens 19-17 on Sunday Night Football when their offense looked completely lost. People here in Cincinnati wanted Zach Taylor's head on a platter after that one. They're not a roll They just started playing bad teams. They have looked really good in the last game, but that was against the Falcons who have a lot of injuries in a secondary that wasn't good to begin with. Burrow puts up monster stats against bad teams and looks lost when he plays good defenses. Their offense is 80% 50/50 balls to Chase and Higgins (mostly Chase) on the perimeter. When teams take that away. Burrow holds the ball and takes sacks.  They have no plan B.

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

San Fran got obliterated by the Chiefs.  They’re not close to the Bills or Chiefs and arguably on a level with the Chargers….in other words third tier if they played in the AFC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.