Coordinators not adapting schemes

Back2Buff

23 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Going up 24-7 was challenging GB to a shootout.  The Bills defense was playing for a shoot out.

GB just said, "no thanks. I'm happy to just run out the clock and go home with a moral victory."

Makes perfect sense.

Even the announcers were confused why GB was running the Ball.

"never interrupt an enemy when he's making a mistake."

When was this?

GB was doing what worked since their receivers are their weak link.  Frazier was playing like we were playing the Curt Warner Rams.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

We're talking about a Defensive scheme that allowed 10 points in the 2nd half... right?

I'm wondering if this has to do with Someone losing to Aaron Jones in fantasy...

That, and most people had Buffalo -10.5 or -11. Which I believe is leading to a lot of the angst we are seeing today.

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But you just said it's what they do the best upthread?? Do they do nothing well or something well, I'm confused by your responses. You also said they hang on to the ball well, which is not true. Entering the game they had a pretty even TOP with their opponents. Much was made of them not using the running game Entering last night, yet you think they do it well. OK....whatever floats your boat.

Relatively speaking that’s what they do best to clarify as their two best players are their RBs.

I never said they hang on the ball well. I said that needs to be their game script to win this game 

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think there’s a big difference between starting games and sitting on the bench for 15 minutes during games waiting for your turn to go 

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

We're talking about a Defensive scheme that allowed 10 points in the 2nd half... right?

I'm wondering if this has to do with Someone losing to Aaron Jones in fantasy...

Or a sizeable bet on the garbage time td.

Just now, Billz4ever said:

When was this?

GB was doing what worked since their receivers are their weak link.  Frazier was playing like we were playing the Curt Warner Rams.

Dude, you are hilarious.

It worked so well the Pack were down by double digits all game! What a plan! Man, did Frazier get out-schemed!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The last hour of the game would’ve been agony if you had the Bills to cover

I was breathing a sigh of relief every time the Packers handed the ball off.

Sure it was frustrating to see some missed tackles, but watching the Packers have only 1 possession in the 3rd quarter was stress relieving.

Edited by unbillievable

3 hours ago, delirious said:

Okay, so you let them run. But if you know they're going to run, why not run a 4-3? I'd rather my offense bleed and run out the clock then let them run against nickel and burn clock.  It just seems backwards.

Because if you switch up the Defense to stop the run - then you allow GB to move toward more passing.

They did not care if GB was running the ball because it was eating clock and keeping the Nickel kept them from passing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

A lot of my friends had big money (~$500) on the game and were FURIOUS in the 4th qtr/post game. I had to stop checking my phone because they were making the victory not fun.

If I had to bet, the NFL-wide statistics on double digit covers CANNOT be good.  I love the Bills, I thought we’d win by double digits but there’s so much garbage time and prevent in the NFL that >10 points is tough to win.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I think Leslie Frazier knows how to put 8 guys in the box.  Packers were slowly drinking poison with their offensive play calling and he was letting them.

Agreed. I have to believe that, being up 17, we made the calculated choice to stay in Nickel and invite the run to let them kill their own clock. There was one defensive series in the second half where GB drove to our 35ish and ran it on 4th where we ended up stacking the box and stuffing it for a two yard loss. 

I wasn’t the biggest fan of the defensive scheme overall, but they did more than enough throughout the game to get the W.

Edited by ctk232

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dude, you are hilarious.

It worked so well the Pack were down by double digits all game! What a plan! Man, did Frazier get out-schemed!

Doing what worked and losing the game. You can't make this stuff up. 

The Bills just took the ball out of the reigning back-to-back MVPs hands, and let's be honest he still is the best player on that team, and turned them into a running team.

But, it's what they do best 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Most games they do very well.  This game it seemed they were afraid of Rodgers throwing deep on them and refused to get out of nickel and were willing to trade off getting gashed in the run game and GB using lots of clock to honestly accomplish not much of anything as it turned out for that peace of mind.

Even with GB running the ball well, it never felt like they were in the game.

Because being up by 17 - the only thing that could beat them was Rodgers passing the ball.

They just do not care about Stats - they care about the win and running the ball down 3 scores was giving the Bills the win.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

When was this?

When you're doing "what worked" and that was running the ball for 8 minutes down by 17 to have a turnover on downs then guess what? 

It wasn't working.  

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

When you're doing "what worked" and that was running the ball for 8 minutes down by 17 to have a turnover on downs then guess what? 

It wasn't working.  

Missed FG and a weak OPI was the only difference from the game being a nailbiter to the very end.

I don't remember the same comfortable win you apparently do.

18 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Seems to me you did say that about hanging onto the ball.🤷

I was clearly linking that into “what they want to do”, In terms of controlling the clock. It literally says that in my post.

I have absolutely no idea what green bays time of possession is relative to the other league lol so I have no idea if they are good or bad at TOP

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.