Coordinators not adapting schemes

Back2Buff

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

it also costs them 30 seconds a run vs a pass which stops the clock half the time.

They limited themselves to 3 possessions in the 2nd half while behind 3 scores.

Instead of making them beat us with their weak receivers, we allowed them to gash our D on the ground.

Makes no sense at all.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

You challenge them a shootout..

what does Green Bay want to do and what do they do best?

Run the ball and control the clock right?

Make them beat you with their 4th 5th and practice squad WRs…

If they get a big play? Who cares… you have Josh freaking Allen and can answer in a heart beat…..

I also think part of the reason Josh sucked in the 2nd half was because he was on the bench for the whole half.

He is a rhythm passer and him sitting down for 7-9 minute drives is a killer for the offensive momentum.

WRONG again. Green Bay entered that game averaging less than 100 yards rushing per game, it's not what they have been doing best, it's the exact opposite of that. Keep trying though.

While it may help Josh to stay in rhythm, it's nor a necessity by any means. If that was the case we wouldn't score so many first possession tds because he wouldn't be in rhythm yet. Heck they went right down the field and scored a td on our first possession of the year.

8 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

You challenge them a shootout..

what does Green Bay want to do and what do they do best?

Run the ball and control the clock right?

Make them beat you with their 4th 5th and practice squad WRs…

If they get a big play? Who cares… you have Josh freaking Allen and can answer in a heart beat…..

I also think part of the reason Josh sucked in the 2nd half was because he was on the bench for the whole half.

He is a rhythm passer and him sitting down for 7-9 minute drives is a killer for the offensive momentum.

Going up 24-7 was challenging GB to a shootout.  The Bills defense was playing for a shoot out.

GB just said, "no thanks. I'm happy to just run out the clock and go home with a moral victory."

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Instead of making them beat us with their weak receivers, we allowed them to gash our D on the ground.

Makes no sense at all.  

Makes perfect sense.

Even the announcers were confused why GB was running the Ball.

"never interrupt an enemy when he's making a mistake."

Edited by unbillievable
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

WRONG again. Green Bay entered that game averaging less than 100 yards rushing per game, it's not what they have been doing best, it's the exact opposite of that. Keep trying though.

While it may help Josh to stay in rhythm, it's nor a necessity by any means. If that was the case we wouldn't score so many first possession tds because he wouldn't be in rhythm yet. Heck they went right down the field and scored a td on our first possession of the year.

So you’re saying green bays game script for winning this game wouldn’t go through giving it to their two best players (Jones and Dillon) while controlling the clock?

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Going up 24-7 was challenging GB to a shootout.  The Bills defense was playing for a shoot out.

GB just said, "no thanks. I'm happy to just run out the clock and go home with a moral victory."

I am strictly talking about defence, nothing to do with the offensive side.

7 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Makes no sense at all.  

This is a passing league and if you make teams like the Packers (or Chiefs) commit to running you are taking away their best weapon. 

Rodgers only had like 75 yards through the first 3 quarters.

And it doesn't matter how many running yards they had, bc they scored 0 running TD's. You don't get points for rushing yards. 

Rodgers did throw for 2 TD's, and had they ran on those plays the final score would have probably been 27-9. 

The only way a team runs the ball as often as the Packers did last night and beats the Bills is if they can hold the Bills O to under 17 points. They couldn't do that in the first half. 

Yet you're saying the Bills had a better chance of winning of we stacked the box and covered their RB's or TE's with Dodson or Bernard? 

Edited by Motorin'

So you’re saying green bays game script for winning this game wouldn’t go through giving it to their two best players (Jones and Dillon) while controlling the clock?

I am strictly talking about defence, nothing to do with the offensive side.

I'm not the one that said it's what GB does best, you did. I just was pointing out it wasn't. Even after their huge night running the ball they average less rushing yards per game than we do. And you're not going to find anyone saying we do a good job in the running game. So what you said is incorrect.

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

That was their gameplan when the score was 0-0.

It becomes an idiotic gameplan down 7-24.

Not really though as that was their only chance.

If Tonyuns TD stands which it should have, it’s a 27-17 game with basically a full quarter to go.

And we know how the bills offence looked in the 4th.  Which again I’ll say, part of the reason they sucked is cause Josh is a rhythm passer and he was on the sidelines all half

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I'm not the one that said it's what GB does best, you did. I just was pointing out it wasn't. Even after their huge night running the ball they average less rushing yards per game than we do. And you're not going to find anyone saying we do a good job in the running game. So what you said is incorrect.

Green bays offence does nothing well buddy lol.

Have you seen Aaron Rodgers stats this year and their pass protection/weapons?

Running the ball was their only chance to win this game.

Which goes back to my original point… make their practice squad WRs beat you consistently and see if their piss poor o line holds up…

Not really though as that was their only chance.

If Tonyuns TD stands which it should have, it’s a 27-17 game with basically a full quarter to go.

And we know how the bills offence looked in the 4th.  Which again I’ll say, part of the reason they sucked is cause Josh is a rhythm passer and he was on the sidelines all half

He's not a rhythm passer. Otherwise he would struggle early in games until he found his rhythm, which is not the case. He usually comes out on fire to start games.

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He's not a rhythm passer. Otherwise he would struggle early in games until he found his rhythm, which is not the case. He usually comes out on fire to start games.

I think there’s a big difference between starting games and sitting on the bench for 15 minutes during games waiting for your turn to go back on

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Which goes back to my original point… make their practice squad WRs beat you consistently and see if their piss poor o line holds up…

What about, “get an insurmountable lead and don’t let them score fast to come back.”

But you just said it's what they do the best upthread?? Do they do nothing well or something well, I'm confused by your responses. You also said they hang on to the ball well, which is not true. Entering the game they had a pretty even TOP with their opponents. Much was made of them not using the running game Entering last night, yet you think they do it well. OK....whatever floats your boat.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.