Coordinators not adapting schemes

Back2Buff

This was our issue for years now, but the Bills just roll out the same formations no matter the opponent and it continues to make no sense.

I have no idea why the Bills went nickel pretty much the entire game yesterday.  If you can't stop those WR without a third CB on field, you have bigger issues with your secondary that will get you no where fast.

When the other team is missing two LBs and you are up 17 points, you go big and you run the ball down their throats.  You don't try to run it out of shotgun with 3 WRs on field.

It's so frustrating to feel like we are a dumb football team because we don't adapt to the situation at hand.  It's like we are too stubborn or something.

This is why many national reporter say the Bills rely on Allen too much, because they do.  They are 100% right.  Singletary and Cook were running fine with the right personnel in the game, yet Dorsey got so cocky.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 9
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The bills after half time have been one of the best teams in the nfl.

But to your point, I didn’t like the defensive game plan yesterday.

Bills were in nickel against 12 and 21 personnel a lot of the game which doesn’t make a ton of sense to me, especially considering GB has no weapons at WR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I think Leslie Frazier knows how to put 8 guys in the box.  Packers were slowly drinking poison with their offensive play calling and he was letting them.

Agree...they were down 3 scores and running every down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I think Leslie Frazier knows how to put 8 guys in the box.  Packers were slowly drinking poison with their offensive play calling and he was letting them.

This here...As confused as I was with the Bills D plan, I was even more confused with GB's Offensive game plan.  I get they were bare on WR's but they ran out their own clock for us.  I agree, I think Frazier was just content to let them do that.

Dillon and Jones are both really good backs though.  I don't see too many teams having the same kind of success with that gameplan against our nickel.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Yeah. When the other team volunteers to take away their own best chance at winning, you happily accommodate them. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

29 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

This was our issue for years now, but the Bills just roll out the same formations no matter the opponent and it continues to make no sense.

I have no idea why the Bills went nickel pretty much the entire game yesterday.  If you can't stop those WR without a third CB on field, you have bigger issues with your secondary that will get you no where fast.

When the other team is missing two LBs and you are up 17 points, you go big and you run the ball down their throats.  You don't try to run it out of shotgun with 3 WRs on field.

It's so frustrating to feel like we are a dumb football team because we don't adapt to the situation at hand.  It's like we are too stubborn or something.

This is why many national reporter say the Bills rely on Allen too much, because they do.  They are 100% right.  Singletary and Cook were running fine with the right personnel in the game, yet Dorsey got so cocky.

The Nickel is their Base Defense. And no reason to get out of it last night was there. 

the Offense have been very good all season with adjustments. I am not sure what team you watch.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, delirious said:

Okay, so you let them run. But if you know they're going to run, why not run a 4-3? I'd rather my offense bleed and run out the clock then let them run against nickel and burn clock.  It just seems backwards.

Because they were up 3 scores and GB wanted to do them the favor of Running and bleeding the clock. 

why should any team get out of their base defense when you are winning easily? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, delirious said:

Okay, so you let them run. But if you know they're going to run, why not run a 4-3? I'd rather my offense bleed and run out the clock then let them run against nickel and burn clock.  It just seems backwards.

Finally someone with common sense.

Some of these responses in here are very delusional.  Letting an RB get 7 yards a carry and then Rodgers going over the top to finish off the drive, is not bleeding out the clock.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Some of these responses in here are very delusional.  Letting an RB get 7 yards a carry and then Rodgers going over the top to finish off the drive, is not bleeding out the clock.

31 Carrie’s 200 yards, won TOP. Won TO ratios. 

you Know ALL THOSE THINGS THE OLD SCHOOL PEOPLE say need to occur. 

End  result a Double Digit Loss. 

so who has common sense again? 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Rodgers completing a TD drive happened exactly once outside garbage time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Bills won by 10 and held Aaron Rodgers to 17 points. Who cares if they ran the ball between the 20's?

My argument would be if you play aggressive and give up a 60 yard TD, who cares? As we have the best offence in the NFL and can answer in a heart beat.

The only way GB wins yesterday is clock control/being efficient, and we almost let that happen.

A 4th down conversion here and a pretty lame OPI call on Tonyun there, and it’s a completely different ball game.

• Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

And they managed 17 points. But I guess they can have a great moral victory that they were able to run the ball well, except where it matters in the red zone.

26 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The Nickel is their Base Defense. And no reason to get out of it last night was there. 

the Offense have been very good all season with adjustments. I am not sure what team you watch.  

Agreed.

also, when are people also going to realize that the bills think Taron is better in run support than whoever the third LB is? 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.