First time being 6-1 after the first 7 games since 1993

Buffalo03

Everybody on here would've taken 6-1  with this schedule at the start of the year.  I don't think at the Fish would've been the lone loss but we're in great shape.  Am worried about are safeties though if Poyer needs surgery.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How far have we come when we win by 10 and don't feel that good about it? In the past, a bad game meant a loss in all kinds of crazy and creative Bills ways (the "Billies" thing). But when you're good, and you may not play your best--even sloppy at times--but still win comfortably by 10. I like this side of the equation.

Yes, 6-1 !!!

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

If Poyer requires surgery, that could really take them out of SB contention IMO. Couple that with the poor run defense, and that is a bad combination come playoff time.

If you have an MVP QB you don’t fall out of contention by losing a safety, even an all pro.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

They could potentially be without two all pro safeties.

The Bills missed the SB last two seasons primarily due to their D failing against better competiton...

I didn’t say it wouldn’t hurt their chances.  Being out of contention means pack it in, season’s done.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

If Poyer requires surgery, that could really take them out of SB contention IMO. Couple that with the poor run defense, and that is a bad combination come playoff time.

Guess the season is over.  Pack it up boys.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think surgery on an elbow might be for the season. IMO, Poyer is needed to get to the SB. Hopefully just a sprain.

Poyer has been a shell of himself in last 2 games.  Missed several tackles on those long runs yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think surgery on an elbow might be for the season. IMO, Poyer is needed to get to the SB. Hopefully just a sprain.

I can't think of a single team that was "a safety away" from being super bowl caliber.  As electric as Poyer/Hyde have been, it's not important enough of a position to rate. 

This is sort of the "moving back to the big picture" post...and really this spot on.

The disappointment some feel about aspects of the game last night really comes from the fact that we are not just good, but we are awesome, and we were expecting more from last night.

The fact that we can play that poorly and do that many things wrong and still beat a team with Aaron Rodgers shows you the talent level of this team.

It reminds me of the Rams game with our 4 turnovers and we still pounded the snot out of them.

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

I disagree. To gut that part of the secondary can derail the defensive scheme when playing top tier competition in the playoffs.

You should probably just stop watching Bills games, then.  It's a mute point, now.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

We haven't been better than 5-2 after 7 games since 1993. Didn't realize this until now. Pretty crazy to think about. We started 7-1 that year.

Love this team. Didn't play our best tonight but got the W. Go Bills

Didn't your hear?  Josh Allen is trash and the team only goes as far as Poyer takes us. 

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.