Great night game experience! However....

Adamb412

6 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

lol ***** it dude. you step out into the wild when you go to football games. embrace it, pay no mind, or just watch tv if it bothers you.

That attitude is ignorant and self-centered. Maybe we should allow smoking in all public spaces too. If you non-smokers don’t like it-tough, right?

Having obnoxious drunks pissing themselves- yeah, embrace it. 

the problem is that you can’t discern the line between enthusiastic fans who want to enjoy themselves and support their team,  and complete idiots puking and pissing themselves who have absolutely no regard for anyone but themselves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

That attitude is ignorant and self-centered. Maybe we should allow smoking in all public spaces too. If you non-smokers don’t like it-tough, right?

the problem is that you can’t discern the line between enthusiastic fans who want to enjoy themselves and support their team,  and complete idiots puking and pissing themselves who have absolutely no regard for anyone but themselves.

Thats kind of america in a nutshell these days.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Rich people don’t like to drink ?    Cool story Gene 🙄

what’s this mean ?   You hate everyone who makes less than 45 an hour ? 

Generally speaking it's a reflection that you have your life together and you are making a good living and you have too much to lose by acting like an idiot. There are of course exceptions to the rule but in general that's how it goes.

I think it's just statistics, not necessarily elitist or anything malign. Statistically speaking, there is a direct correlation between higher ticket prices and PSL resulting in less drunk guys sitting in pee and I don't see how that's a bad thing.

53 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’ll be honest. I don’t know if it’s the night games and fans aren’t used to it or if Bills fans have already become spoiled by this team but the crowd noise this season has been not as loud as you’d expect from a SB contending team. 

Outside of the Bills unique intro, I thought the atmosphere was just ehh 

If you go back and watch all 3 home games, the Titans game was really loud, but the last 2, not so much.

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Generally speaking it's a reflection that you have your life together and you are making a good living and you have too much to lose by acting like an idiot. There are of course exceptions to the rule but in general that's how it goes.

I think it's just statistics, not necessarily elitist or anything malign. Statistically speaking, there is a direct correlation between higher ticket prices and PSL resulting in less drunk guys sitting in pee and I don't see how that's a bad thing.

I know statistics prove out that drug abuse is consistent across economic classes (although the type of drugs being abused vary). 

Don't know if alcohol would be any different. 

I think it's funny that people think bad behavior will get priced out of Bills games. On the secondary market ticket prices didn't drop below $200 for the Packers game. You could get a ticket for $20 during the drought years and see behavior that wasn't as bad as last night 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

I was there since 11am - and of course throughout the entire game.  The tailgating and pregame activities were better than phenomenal!!  Then once the game started I sensed a significant lack of energy.  As for me I was totally whipped; was drinking for 9 hours already at that point.  Many people around me were yawning, I was in section 140, 8th row, (corner of the end zone) which usually has a ton of energy.  Not tonight.  At game time -  I was wiped out !!! Many others around me seemed to look and feel the same way.  That’s my experience and my observations. 

Def lack of energy in the building last night.  Less standing and cheering when the defense was on the field.  Didn’t seem to me people were more intoxicated, although that is pretty much what happens for night games.

I sit upper deck and found there to be a ton of new people.  Wonder if this game had a high resale?

Edited by davefan66

3 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I know statistics prove out that drug abuse is consistent across economic classes (although the type of drugs being abused vary). 

Don't know if alcohol would be any different. 

I think it's funny that people think bad behavior will get priced out of Bills games. On the secondary market ticket prices didn't drop below $200 for the Packers game. You could get a ticket for $20 during the drought years and see behavior that wasn't as bad as last night 

It's the same reason people with kids live in expensive suburbs and go to certain schools. There will be less crime, better education, etc. It doesn't mean there can't be potential problems but it's far less likely

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

I'm all for having a good time but I've never understood the people that get so trashed they don't even make it inside the stadium. Either that or as soon as they get to their seats they pass out or start some BS. Went to the 2013 home opener and some drunk schmuck in the row behind us started a fight with a guy down the row, beer gets spilled all over us, dude gets thrown out and they haven't even done the introductions yet. Just a complete waste of your money, time, and energy.

I recall being at a SNF against the JETS, and it was the opening game, warm humid weather too. I have been in many rowdy crowds in my life, being a metal fan, but that's still #1 ha ha, years later. So much alcohol and fights. And yet with so many Jets fans there, most fights were between Bills fans... 

I like "college" atmosphere and rowdy crowds personally, but yeah, smelling urine and vomit ain't my thing, and I too don't understand being passed out and not recalling the game! Nor yelling obscenities at the opposing team all night. Some swearing and outrage once in a while, sure. But just plain dumb crude behavior? Weird.

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

Agreed, I would argue that that puking and pissing yourself shows no regard for yourself either.  I just never understood it. You want to tip back 3-4 and get yourself a good buzz I understand that.

What were the secondary prices for the game last night? I have season's but I think the market was like 250 for the nosebleeds to like thousands for the top seats. Why in the hell am I gonna pay 500 to 600 dollars to get myself blind drunk to the point where I wont even remember the game. If I wanted to get stupid drunk, I could pay 25 bucks for beer start drinking at noon, get passed out by 9 while the game is on tv and save myself about 575 bucks.

10 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Def lack of energy in the building last night.  Less standing and cheering when the defense was on the field.  Didn’t seem to me people were more intoxicated, although that is pretty much what happens for night games.

If it had been the Chiefs or a close game, the crowd would have been different. But yeah, the MNF between the Raiders and Chiefs that crowd was LOUD. Seahawks yesterday, the few minutes I saw, the same. I want Bills fans to be as loud. A pride thing. And useful for the team!

has anyone told the childhood trauma story of having a beer dumped on them at a bills game, and that spill the reason for them not going to any more games?  it's one of my favorites!

If you really want to avoid the craziness, you just have to spend more on seats.  If you sit in the clubs you'll pay for it, but you far less likely to see nonsense.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’ll be honest. I don’t know if it’s the night games and fans aren’t used to it or if Bills fans have already become spoiled by this team but the crowd noise this season has been not as loud as you’d expect from a SB contending team. 

I noticed that at the Steelers game… I thought it could have been a lot louder when we were on defense.

I travelled over from Scotland for my first Bills game, the whole experience was amazing, Bills mafia truly are the greatest fans in the world!! I thought the atmosphere was amazing, my watch warned me at least 4 times that I was in a high noise level area 😂😂 I was in section 336 must have been noisy up there! Thanks to everyone in that section for making the night special and making us feel welcome, we had a great time!

The tailgate party through the day is something that is not done anywhere I’ve ever been and certainly not at any UK football (soccer) match I’ve been to! Again this was absolutely amazing, made me want to come back every week!! Thanks to Nick the English Canadian Bills fan for the tour around the Hammers Lot, great meeting and seeing some of the legendary characters! I really want to buy some Union Jack buffalo merchandise so if anyone can put me in touch with Nick that would be great, or if you read this can you give me a PM?

So I’m summary I had the best day and night of my life at my first Bills game, but no one pissed themselves near me so maybe that’s why 🤷🏻‍♂️ keep doing what you are doing, the best fans in the world!!

GO BILLS 🦬🦬

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

im in new jersey and my wife has suggested taking my family (daughter 8, son 6) to bills at jets.

i really really don't want to deal with psycho jets fans potentially starting fights or throwing stuff, or just the horrible antics they get up to.  now, for a bills game it's somewhat the same, but more about people just acting like vagrants.

if i go up to buffalo for a game, i basically have to get good club seats.  considering that i have to fly up there (or a long drive) and get a hotel for the fam anyhow, it's a small % increase.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.