We need to start using Cook a lot more and just let Cook Cook!!!

Toyo321

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

They should just stop all of the cute McKenzie handoff stuff. Even if it were Shakir just stop it. Let them both be wide receivers, we have a real gadget guy now. Those 3 McKenzie sweeps a game or whatever should now transition to finding Cook out in space. I thought he looked great tonight. 

He scored a TD on a handoff.  He was dead to rights and he completely outran a guy to the pylon.  

I'm fine with Cook getting more opportunities.  Keep spreading the ball around.  

Hey here is a thought, how about a scree pass?  Not a single one all game. Not to a RB or a TE.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He scored a TD on a handoff.  He was dead to rights and he completely outran a guy to the pylon.  

I'm fine with Cook getting more opportunities.  Keep spreading the ball around.  

Diggs and Knox should have had more targets but Knox had a bad drop.  

29 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Hey here is a thought, how about a scree pass?  Not a single one all game. Not to a RB or a TE.

They didn’t blitz us.  I’m trying to find the stats on that.   

Running that 2 high safety look and only rushing 4 makes the screen game a bit more difficult 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Like I said in the post game thread, Dorsey should have handed to ball again to James at the 3.

He was fired up after that big catch and moved it 4 yards from the 7.   You got to let the guy prove he can punch it in.

I would of gave him all 3 chances (maybe one a pass).  If he couldn't you still score 3 and burn some clock.

I thought the same thing.   Should have kept going with the hot hand.   Get him the reps.  Worse case would have been a field goal and a 30 - 10 score that kept the clock running.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Diggs and Knox should have had more targets but Knox had a bad drop.  

They didn’t blitz us.  I’m trying to find the stats on that.   

Running that 2 high safety look and only rushing 4 makes the screen game a bit more difficult 

They blitzed in the 4th on at least a few Plays.

It is true that we should use Cook and Singletary in a more effective way, ie; to stop not using them when they are being successful. The way Dorsey used our RBs lacks imagination to say the least, he has no clear picture in his mind on how to effectively mix the running game into the offensive scheme, very Dabol like when he was in Buffalo, kinda of odd imo, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

They should just stop all of the cute McKenzie handoff stuff. Even if it were Shakir just stop it. Let them both be wide receivers, we have a real gadget guy now. Those 3 McKenzie sweeps a game or whatever should now transition to finding Cook out in space. I thought he looked great tonight. 

That one "cute" McKenzie hand-off resulted in a nice TD run.

58 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It is true that we should use Cook and Singletary in a more effective way, ie; to stop not using them when they are being successful. The way Dorsey used our RBs lacks imagination to say the least, he has no clear picture in his mind on how to effectively mix the running game into the offensive scheme, very Dabol like when he was in Buffalo, kinda of odd imo, 

What else does he have in his mind?  Just figured I'd ask while you are in there...

11 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Cook would be much more effective if he didn't so obviously hate playing for this team in this city.

Can you imagine how explosive he'd be if he had a good attitude?

How in the world do you know what his attitude is?  Can you determine his favorite color and lucky number by watching him play football too?

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How in the world do you know what his attitude is?  Can you determine his favorite color and lucky number by watching him play football too?

someone here mentioned watching his lackadaisical pregame routine before the last game and some head shaking from McKenzie in response...

11 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

He has such a high potential and his speed is deadly in the open field.

He has to get his rookie lumps along the way but he has to be in the game plan more.

I liked what i saw last night but Motor is clearly better and is a legit RB1

I'd like to see both get more carries though. I really hope Buf doesn't trade for a RB. It just isn't necessary at all

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

That one "cute" McKenzie hand-off resulted in a nice TD run.

What else does he have in his mind?  Just figured I'd ask while you are in there...

That’s just it, no one knows,😁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.