Poyer elbow injury (update: “day-to-day”)

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Doesn't Tre White "have to" be activated from IR by next week to avoid full-season IR or something?  I don't recall the rules there, but I know there was some talk on this board about it....

And this really stinks about Poyer... our secondary always looks much different when Hyde/Poyer are missing... so if he's out, let's hope its just 1-2 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

We’ve gotten all the mileage we can out of Poyer and Hyde, but Jaquan Johnson and Damar Hamlin will give up long passing plays, Miami showed this and Green Bay as well.

Jaquan Johnson is not good enough.

Tre White changes our defense by essentially taking the opponent's WR1 out of the picture.    With White back,  maybe Jaquan/Hamlin get more help over the top?  And these big plays are less frequent.  That said, if Poyer is indeed out, and White STILL gets held out next week... then yeah... I'd say we aren't just "being cautious" with him at that point.  If Poyer is out, I'm surprised if White is too...

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

We’ve seen this from Cole Beasley, John Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Jamison Crowder, Frank Gore, these guys are all 30+ and they start breaking down.

I think Beane will bring in another safety, because losing Jordan Poyer’s closing speed on runs is going to be noticeable. 

True but Not Crowder.  He's 29 and won't be 30 till next season.  Crowder is simply injury prone.  Happened when he was young, still happens now.  He's a good player, but his availability sucks.

7 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Tre White changes our defense by essentially taking the opponent's WR1 out of the picture.    With White back,  maybe Jaquan/Hamlin get more help over the top?  And these big plays are less frequent.  That said, if Poyer is indeed out, and White STILL gets held out next week... then yeah... I'd say we aren't just "being cautious" with him at that point.  If Poyer is out, I'm surprised if White is too...

You are expecting too much out of someone just coming back from a torn ACL. We just need him to be solid. He's not going to be shutting one side of the field down any time soon

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Tre used to take the opponent's #1 WR out of the picture. It remains to be seen if he will return to that form or not after a serious injury, but hoping you are right.

3 minutes ago, Fetou said:

Tre used to take the opponent's #1 WR out of the picture. It remains to be seen if he will return to that form or not after a serious injury, but hoping you are right.

I'd say that it's unlikely he will play at that level this year and likely will be worked back into the lineup slowly rather than all at once.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Don’t we want the MRI to come back “negative” not “positive,” Alaina? 🤷🏼‍♂️

She’s just reporting what Poyer said, and I think we all understand that a “positive” result on a test would be “negative” for injury.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Ok that rarely happened.  White played his side of the field. It was only a few rare games that he lined exclusively against an opponents top target.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BobBelcher said:

Doesn't Tre White "have to" be activated from IR by next week to avoid full-season IR or something?  I don't recall the rules there, but I know there was some talk on this board about it....

And this really stinks about Poyer... our secondary always looks much different when Hyde/Poyer are missing... so if he's out, let's hope its just 1-2 weeks.

I believe he'll be moved to the active roster, but he may still not be activated for game day.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.