We need another WR bad

BananaB

5 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

He has had several drops and it’s concerning. Your stats are league wide. Let’s see individual drops, I’ll bet he has more than two, which is several. 

Do you feel embarrassed now that you went all Karen?

The number of drops doesn't change... Davis has 3 drops. 

Edited by Malazan

7 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Regardless, you don’t think a drop every 5 receptions is concerning

No one measures it per reception, but yes.. now that you point it out..

I'm very concerned about Deebo Samuel (1 drop per 4.6 receptions), Gabriel Davis (1 drop per 5.3 receptions), DK Metcalf (1 drop per 6.1 receptions)

Edited by Malazan

6 minutes ago, Malazan said:

No one measures it per reception, but yes.. now that you point it out..

I'm very concerned about Deebo Samuel (1 drop per 4.6 receptions), Gabriel Davis (1 drop per 5.3 receptions), DK Metcalf (1 drop per 6.1 receptions)

I’m not concerned about either because they don’t play for the Bills. 

And I’m more concerned about Gabes 47% catch rate over his drops. 

• Eyeroll 2

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I liked his 70 yard average catch, or whatever it was in one game, and I’m fond of the points. I love TD’s! 

We could go back and forth cherry picking stats, but I’ll take him as a player. It’s gonna pain you when his next contract is due. Somebody will pay big time, but you feel free to be you. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BananaB said:

The point is that some of the best WR in the league have worse numbers than Davis does.  So that means your concerns are completely unrealistic.

Why doesn't Allen have an 80% completion percentage.  It's never been done in the history of the NFL, but so what, we're not talking about what are realistic expectations, so why start now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I liked his 70 yard average catch, or whatever it was in one game, and I’m fond of the points. I love TD’s! 

We could go back and forth cherry picking stats, but I’ll take him as a player. It’s gonna pain you when his next contract is due. Somebody will pay big time, but you feel free to be you. 

Yeah that’s nice. Like I said before he’s good for a big plays but he gotta be more reliable if he’s our #2. I like Gabe and I think he deserves his shot, but right now I don’t think he’s doing a good enough job and he needs to be more consistent for us. Jmo. I can say the same thing about McKenzie. I might of been one of his biggest supporters during the off-season but right now I think he’s gotta play better as well. At this point unless we get OBJ there is no other WR coming in that could make a big impact and I’m not sold he even can. 

No turning back now. If they don’t start improving maybe Shakir will step up. Cook and Hines might have bigger rolls moving forward in passing game as well.  

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Yeah that’s nice. Like I said before he’s good for a big plays but he gotta be more reliable if he’s our #2. I like Gabe and I think he deserves his shot, but right now I don’t think he’s doing a good enough job and he needs to be more consistent for us. Jmo. I can say the same thing about McKenzie. I might of been one of his biggest supporters during the off-season but right now I think he’s gotta play better as well. At this point unless we get OBJ there is no other WR coming in that could make a big impact and I’m not sold he even can. 

No turning back now. If they don’t start improving maybe Shakir will step up. Cook and Hines might have bigger rolls moving forward in passing game as well.  

It seems like you are forgetting that Davis had 4 TD’s (AN NFL RECORD) in our last playoff game. Since then he has missed or been hobbled by a bad ankle in about half his games. I know, he’s not the whole deal yet, but I think he will be for sure. 

• Agree 1

On 10/30/2022 at 11:29 PM, BananaB said:

Does Gabe or Isiah even have 20 catches this year? We lost Beas’s 80+ and these guys might not hit that combined. We need more then Diggs and Allen. Hope Beane is making calls because that was a ***** brutal game. 

We’ve become the Rodgers to Adams Packers. It’s all Allen to Diggs.

• Agree 1

Well, considering we have he second-highest points per game in the league, we must get all those points with the help of a high-scoring run game. 

Wait, no? Well, then Josh Allen's rushing TDs have to be the reason. He has... oh, 2 rushing TDs so far.

Don't sweat it. Yes, Diggs is elite and no other pass catcher on this team consistently is  (Davis is, at times) but we are doing great and I'm confident that if Diggs goes out for a couple games that Davis, Shakir, Knox and a couple very good pass-catching backs can still help us pile up the points.  Remember, when the lights were shining the brightest and the pressure was the highest, Davis set a playoff record. He's been inconsistent but he'll be fine.

And not many teams can lose their number one WR and still be firing at the same pace. We'll are fine and will be ok.  Would I love getting OBJ, sure? Will we still be the best team without him? Yes.

I love Gabe Davis. I think at this point and maybe going forward he is a zone beater. And if we are playing against zone 100% of the time then he is 100% a number 2 receiver. Teams fear us so we see zone most of the time. I don't know what D Philly plays but if hes against press man I think he would have a tough time. I would love for Gabe to test the market and if he doesn't find top dollar come back and be our slot receiver and vert threat for the future. I think because he is a bigger body he could do damage from the slot with more space to operate.

On 10/30/2022 at 11:29 PM, BananaB said:

Does Gabe or Isiah even have 20 catches this year? We lost Beas’s 80+ and these guys might not hit that combined. We need more then Diggs and Allen. Hope Beane is making calls because that was a ***** brutal game. 

Credit to the poster who took all the flak and was right we are short handed right now outside steph. All the people who gave him crap emojis should come eat their humble pie.

• Thank you (+1) 1

McKenzie is not a starting slot.  He’s our Mecole Hardman.   They even drafted a slot who they are bringing along slowly .. Moore vs Shakir. 

Is Hardman a starting slot for KC?  Nope.    They have Juju and traded for Toney because they know he’s not it.  

McKenzie is a massive weakness on this offense. 

Crowder injury is likely way more consequential than we ever thought.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, SCBills said:

McKenzie is not a starting slot.  He’s our Mecole Hardman.   They even drafted a slot who they are bringing along slowly .. Moore vs Shakir. 

Is Hardman a starting slot for KC?  Nope.    They have Juju and traded for Toney because they know he’s not it.  

McKenzie is a massive weakness on this offense. 

Crowder injury is likely way more consequential than we ever thought.  

I wanted JuJu on this team in a bad way. 

Buffalo needs. Reliable big bodied WR. 

Gabe for as big as he is does not attack the ball. That last pass to him yesterday, if he slows up and goes up to attack that ball, at a minimum is DPI. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.